Body Composition Analysis

Options
I just had a really interesting experience. One of my boyfriends colleagues is a health/fitness couch that works in a fitness studio that has a super expensive machine that gives you a body composition analysis. The machine is an Inbody570, for anyone that knows about these things.
I take the information with a grain of salt but it’s interesting, nonetheless.
I was nervous to see my results but all in all, it was very gratifying! I’ve lost 51 lbs since March of this year and I know I feel so much better, but I was curious about some things. On paper, it’s cool to see that I’m actually pretty healthy now! My mind still hasn’t totally caught up with this huge change. Sometimes in my mind, I am still 200 lbs. I plan on losing another 9 lbs and the results of today’s test line right up with my goals. It says that in another 7.9 lbs, I’ll have ideal stats. It was also cool to see that all of the hiking/strength training has been paying off- I have lots of lean muscle mass.
This was a cool experience and I kind of wish I had done this at the beginning of my journey so that I could compare.
My success so far feels oddly more real seeing it on paper, lol. Hooray ☺️

Replies

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    I don't like the Inbody at my gym. It tells me I need to weigh 115 pounds :huh: :noway: :laugh:

Great job on 51 pounds lost!
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,736 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    I don't like the Inbody at my gym. It tells me I need to weigh 115 pounds :huh: :noway: :laugh:

I had a DEXA yesterday that told me the exact same thing! BAH

Yes, great job on 51 pounds lost and all of your hiking and strength training! you'll get there soon!
  • pinuplove
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »

lol... your avatar... is that the face you make when it says you should weigh 115?

Pretty much. Also the face I made when they measured me at 5'2 instead of the 5'4 I thought I was :tongue:
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    Awesome job on the weight loss! And now you've got me curious if they have any of those machines in my country. I'd be interested in getting a scan done.
  • sarahlucindac
    sarahlucindac Posts: 235 Member
    Options

lol... your avatar... is that the face you make when it says you should weigh 115?

Pretty much. Also the face I made when they measured me at 5'2 instead of the 5'4 I thought I was :tongue:

Yea I lost an inch of height today as well
    😩😆
  • pinuplove
    Options

Yea I lost an inch of height today as well
    😩😆

Oh no! Hopefully you had more to spare than me :lol:
  • sarahlucindac
    sarahlucindac Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I went from 5’6” to 5’5”. My first thought was how that changes my BMI and right after that I realized the ding it would make on my maintenance calories 🙃
  • ssbbg
    ssbbg Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I had an inbody and a dexa within a week and the results were pretty close.
  • pinuplove
    Options
    I went from 5’6” to 5’5”. My first thought was how that changes my BMI and right after that I realized the ding it would make on my maintenance calories 🙃

The hit to my daily calories wasn't as bad as I expected! BMI though... :confused: It was enough to move me from normal back to overweight. For all that it matters (not too terribly much) :smile: