Booty or abs

Replies

• Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 545 Member
    Yeah, I'm building legs and glutes! Abs are a bit overrated if you ask me. After carrying 4 babies, I'm just happy to have gotten rid of my love handles and still working on the pooch.

I'm with you.

Doing the Strong Curves program (and loving it!). My stomach is flat but no visible abs yet.
    Working on glutes, legs, arms and shoulders first.
  • StargazerB
    StargazerB Posts: 425 Member
    Yeah, I'm building legs and glutes! Abs are a bit overrated if you ask me. After carrying 4 babies, I'm just happy to have gotten rid of my love handles and still working on the pooch.

Yes, I've had three babies with one c section and no matter how flat my tummy gets I have a little pooch over the scar.
  • StargazerB
    Anna28518 wrote: »

I'm with you.

Doing the Strong Curves program (and loving it!). My stomach is flat but no visible abs yet.
    Working on glutes, legs, arms and shoulders first.

I'm doing the same program, I'm adding in some core work to help with developing some abs. We'll see.
  • StargazerB
    rainbow198 wrote: »
    I didn't care too much about butt or flat abs, although I have both. :D

My main aesthetics goal was focused more on body fat - not having too much or too little and getting rid of the fat rolls.

However, I do love being in the middle of the road. Fit enough to have a bit of definition in my abs and a tight core/body, while still having a shapely figure due to genetics.

You look great!
  • StargazerB
    Both.

Well yes, that's the ultimate goal.
  • newmeadow
    newmeadow Posts: 1,295 Member
    lorrpb wrote: »
    I'm still trying to figure out when big butts became desirable, :p

And when they'll just become deflated again and no longer publicly discussed for the sake of common decency.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    I will take the booty.
  • Sunrain2018
    Sunrain2018 Posts: 24 Member
    I’m going to go with abs. I can see the formation of where my abs would be but I still have a lot of body fat to cut before I can see them... But my abs will definitely not be six packs 😔..... I only see four formation lines on my stomach.. I’m assuming that’s how you can tell what type of abs you’ll end up with 🤔

• lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    I was genetically given the booty so I would love the abs. At my age spectacular abs would be awesome.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,262 Member
    I do not at all care about abs. I do like having a proportional lower body, butt included, but I don't really specifically focus on that area beyond 3-4 sets of glute bridges each week.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,913 Member
    ideally both. Realistically - neither LOL!

I have a pancake *kitten* (which actually has improved - it used to be even flatter if that were possible. Maybe now I have a pikelet *kitten* and before it was a pancake *kitten*?). My problem is working glutes is one of the most tedious things for me. I can't see anything happening, unlike upper body where I see all sorts of rippling muscles and veins and pumps.

Which means I actually SHOULD focus a bit (LOT) more on the glutes.

Re the abs - sure it would be great but I LOVE FOOD and being so lean that more than my 2 pack shows (I have a permanent 2 pack up the top) would mean I'd have to be starving for a long long time.

So happy with a relatively flat stomach (flatter than it is now would be ideal) with my 2 pack abs. When I crunch sideways you can see my obliques too so that's ok.

Ah if only we could just get in a machine and come out the way we wanted!

• Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,913 Member
    edited November 2018
    oh i have a pancake kitten. you get the idea - butt. they don't like the a-word for gluteus maximus
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited November 2018
    Reality is this is definitely an "or" for like ~95+% of people. Genetics is a huge influence on where bodyfat does & does not reside. Although, I'm sure there are some "mystical unicorns" out there (not counting enhancements, surgery, etc.) who can achieve both (to a certain degree that is...)
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Reality is this is definitely an "or" for like ~95+% of people. Genetics is a huge influence on where bodyfat does & does not reside. Although, I'm sure there are some "mystical unicorns" out there (not counting enhancements, surgery, etc.) who can achieve both (to a certain degree that is...)

The good news is, the glutes can be built up with muscle (unlike some other bodyparts) ... But it can take years and years of bulks and cuts, and yea genetics will definitely have an effect how it all comes together.. how much muscle you build and the fat deposition on the glutes and abs.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Abs. I'm Latina and have the stereotypical Latina butt, so it's already pretty good without extra workouts.
  • Leslierussell4134
    Leslierussell4134 Posts: 376 Member
    Definitely a well built booty! I have the shape, but working on getting it toned, to not only look good, but be a strong base for my core. A flat tummy is coming as an added bonus.