What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

Replies

• mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    edited November 2018
    mph323 wrote: »
    mph323 wrote: »
    Brussel sprouts are disgusting and need to go away. Lately every GF menu I look at has brussel sprouts in the salad, or as a side vegetable to a main course or hidden in whatever random dish that looks good but...brussel sprouts. I even ordered a quiche once in San Francisco and bit into one of the multitude tiny brussel sprouts that were baked into the thing. I gagged. This has to stop.

Mmmmm, oh yeah, mmmmm. I can do brussel sprouts all day looooong! Every dayum!

That woo is from me, just wanted to be up front about it B)
    I’d woo you everyday, the good woo.

:flowerforyou:
  • FireOpalCO
    FireOpalCO Posts: 641 Member
    AmyC2288 wrote: »
    Pepsi Max is the best of all diet sodas. Also- greek yogurt tastes exactly like spoiled milk (gosh that ones really been weighing on me).

For a wile I get Greek instead of regular mostly for protein and then finally go "this is stupid - the yogurt I like most is cheaper and easier to mix stuff in. I get plenty of protein anyway."

Oh - another unpopular opinion that is based on a few small, probably not really scientific studies - most people can't reliably pick out their favorite in a blind taste test between major diet colas and you can even put Sam's diet cola in the mix and it will get picked as often as the others.

I found the problem here. They all taste like unwashed *kitten*.

Cane sugar, glass bottle, ahhh.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    All fruit pies are disgusting.

Grr lemon merangue is my favourite. Also really like cherry

What is your thought of key lime pie?
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,950 Member
    glassyo wrote: »
    amy19355 wrote: »
    Peanut butter!
    I am so glad I'm not trying to gain or have problems reaching my cal goal because the first thing recommended is usually PB, and I would be seriously gagging.

I bet my woo count is going to go up now :'(

Cheers, h.

I am here to save you from the awfulness of peanut butter, and introduce you to Pistachio Butter - o m g - the stuff is delish x 100!

Almond and cashew butters are also pretty flippping yummy, so if you don’t have allergy to tree nuts, and it’s just a no-peanut issue for you - hope this is a helpful post!

There's pistachio butter???? I actually prefer sunflower seed butter over peanut butter but now I gotta check into the pistachio butter thing.

You can make your own if you have a decent food processor. Just toss them in and push the button. Don't give up, because it can seem like it's never going become butter, and do keep a close eye on it, because when it finally does make the transition, it goes from looking like pistachio meal (fine crumbs) to paste to butter in nothing flat. For pistachios I prefer it without salt or anything added, but your mileage may vary.

Oh, you should try smoked almond butter! Same deal, just start with smoked almonds. I usually find there's enough saltiness in most smoked almonds that I don't need to add anything, but again, YMMV.

And if you don't add anything, you can just log the butter as the same weight of whatever nut you made the butter from.
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    edited November 2018
    FireOpalCO wrote: »
    AmyC2288 wrote: »
    Pepsi Max is the best of all diet sodas. Also- greek yogurt tastes exactly like spoiled milk (gosh that ones really been weighing on me).

For a wile I get Greek instead of regular mostly for protein and then finally go "this is stupid - the yogurt I like most is cheaper and easier to mix stuff in. I get plenty of protein anyway."

Oh - another unpopular opinion that is based on a few small, probably not really scientific studies - most people can't reliably pick out their favorite in a blind taste test between major diet colas and you can even put Sam's diet cola in the mix and it will get picked as often as the others.

I found the problem here. They all taste like unwashed *kitten*.

Cane sugar, glass bottle, ahhh.

You hit another one of mine that is not popular - I really don't care for sugary sweet colas. Root beer and fruity sodas (Fanta, Crush) are fine with the amount of sugar used, but it's too much for cola.

You also brought up another one that is more sentiment than anything. Cane sugar versus corn syrup? Most people can't tell (which really means nearly no one can - half the people going "see, I was right!" is mostly from random chance).
    https://consumerist.com/2011/09/blind-taste-test-shows-that-you-probably-dont-really-prefer-mexican-coke.html
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Cinnamon buns and danishes are gross. The only good cinnamon bun-adjacent food is the cinnabon bites from Taco Bell.

I agree with this 100%. I don't like any other cinnamon roll type of treat, but those bites at Taco Bell are the stuff.