What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

Replies

• melissafeagins
    melissafeagins Posts: 1,421 Member
    FL_Hiker wrote: »
    Olives are nasty, I try them every time I encounter them and still just can't... Also no mushrooms, thanks.

For those that hate kale (minus the one person here who hates bacon LOL) , have you tried cooking it in bacon fat? I don't love it but it does make it a little more edible...

Kilt green were my grandmother's specialty. (Mustard greens, kale, water cress, whatever) I love bacon, but the smell of killing greens in bacon fat would drive me from house with nausea. Eating them would actually make me ill.
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,715 Member
    FireOpalCO wrote: »
    admaarie wrote: »
    FireOpalCO wrote: »
    admaarie wrote: »
    The only way to eat steak is well done.

What did that poor steak ever do to you?

Lol! The thought of eating meat that’s not completely cooked makes me wanna gag

But once you sear the outside it is completely cooked. :)

I remember my husband was surprised at the Capitol Grille when he ordered his steak "blue" and the waiter had no idea what he was talking about.
  • lkpducky
    edited November 2018
    joinn68 wrote: »
    Peanut butter!
    I am so glad I'm not trying to gain or have problems reaching my cal goal because the first thing recommended is usually PB, and I would be seriously gagging.

I bet my woo count is going to go up now :'(

Cheers, h.

In my country we use it to cook savory dishes not sweet stuff. When I first came to America and said I had never had a PBJ the classmate I was talking to called another "did you hear that? Gasp! She's never had a PBJ!" lol

@joinn68 Where are you from?

Savory dishes with peanuts or peanut butter that I've had: kung pao chicken, groundnut stew, dan dan noodles, gado gado
  • admaarie
    admaarie Posts: 4,297 Member
    lkpducky wrote: »
    laurabini wrote: »
    nooshi713 wrote: »

Fettucini alfredo is not real Italian and is not worth the calories.

FINALLY!! Thank you! Hahaha
    and neither are spaghetti and meatballs, btw (and so many other things)

Or any pasta dish where the pasta is drowning in the sauce. I hate when there is too much sauce.

Now I’m 100% certain I’ve never had real Italian food! What should I try? Haha
  • lkpducky
    On the other hand, haggis is one of my favourite foods (yes I'm Scottish, and yes it is offal cooked in a sheep's stomach but it's still amazing!)
    They look like they'd be easy to catch https://www.thehaggis.com/wild-haggis-all-about-haggis/