Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• TheRedQueen1981TheRedQueen1981 Posts: 252Member, Premium Member Posts: 252Member, Premium Member
    mk2fit wrote: »
    @VanVanDiane I think the alternative to aging is way worse than aging. (Maybe because I am 60) While I like to think I look good, I obviously do not look the same as when I was 30 or 40. I do, however feel way better than I have since I was in my late teens/early 20s.
    I’m very confused...what’s the alternative to ageing? Did you mean you prefer being older than younger?

• sramgirlsramgirl Posts: 17Member, Premium Member Posts: 17Member, Premium Member
    "I associated pink with pigs and pink looked terrible on me. I also avoided browns, because I saw myself as looking like a big ole bear in browns. No more, the slimmer and trimmer I'm becoming, the more I am loving pinks, grays and browns. "

This makes me feel more normal to hear someone else who has thought in these terms too. I have avoided purple because I'll be the McDonald's Grimace. I avoided red because I'd be the Kool Aid Man, and I always visualized smashing through walls shouting "ooohhh yeah" just like him.

We can wear different colors. Yes, thanks for this insight :)
    edited November 2018
  • NewLIFEstyle4MENewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,015Member Member Posts: 4,015Member Member
    sramgirl wrote: »
    "I associated pink with pigs and pink looked terrible on me. I also avoided browns, because I saw myself as looking like a big ole bear in browns. No more, the slimmer and trimmer I'm becoming, the more I am loving pinks, grays and browns. "

This makes me feel more normal to hear someone else who has thought in these terms too. I have avoided purple because I'll be the McDonald's Grimace. I avoided red because I'd be the Kool Aid Man, and I always visualized smashing through walls shouting "ooohhh yeah" just like him.
    We can wear different colors. Yes, thanks for this insight :)

Thank you ever so much for this reply...WOW, it's amazing how one perceives things. Your post so made me smile--because it's so NICE to know one is not alone in their way of thinking/believing.
    {{{{ Hugs}}}}
    edited November 2018