Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• TheRedQueen1981TheRedQueen1981 Posts: 253Member, Premium Member Posts: 253Member, Premium Member
    mk2fit wrote: »
    @VanVanDiane I think the alternative to aging is way worse than aging. (Maybe because I am 60) While I like to think I look good, I obviously do not look the same as when I was 30 or 40. I do, however feel way better than I have since I was in my late teens/early 20s.
    I’m very confused...what’s the alternative to ageing? Did you mean you prefer being older than younger?

• sramgirlsramgirl Posts: 17Member, Premium Member Posts: 17Member, Premium Member
    "I associated pink with pigs and pink looked terrible on me. I also avoided browns, because I saw myself as looking like a big ole bear in browns. No more, the slimmer and trimmer I'm becoming, the more I am loving pinks, grays and browns. "

This makes me feel more normal to hear someone else who has thought in these terms too. I have avoided purple because I'll be the McDonald's Grimace. I avoided red because I'd be the Kool Aid Man, and I always visualized smashing through walls shouting "ooohhh yeah" just like him.

We can wear different colors. Yes, thanks for this insight :)
    edited November 2018
  • NewLIFEstyle4MENewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,028Member Member Posts: 4,028Member Member
    sramgirl wrote: »
    "I associated pink with pigs and pink looked terrible on me. I also avoided browns, because I saw myself as looking like a big ole bear in browns. No more, the slimmer and trimmer I'm becoming, the more I am loving pinks, grays and browns. "

This makes me feel more normal to hear someone else who has thought in these terms too. I have avoided purple because I'll be the McDonald's Grimace. I avoided red because I'd be the Kool Aid Man, and I always visualized smashing through walls shouting "ooohhh yeah" just like him.
    We can wear different colors. Yes, thanks for this insight :)

Thank you ever so much for this reply...WOW, it's amazing how one perceives things. Your post so made me smile--because it's so NICE to know one is not alone in their way of thinking/believing.
    {{{{ Hugs}}}}
    edited November 2018
  • VUA21VUA21 Posts: 2,085Member Member Posts: 2,085Member Member
    No one told me that I would be afraid to go into stores. Afraid that the ladies would be side-eyeing me wonder if I really belonged in that store. No one told me that clothes shopping could be just as traumatic at a smaller size as it had at larger, only being mostly in my head. I'm sure no one is paying attention to me, but... BUT MAYBE THEY ARE.

No one told me I'd still encounter a store not having my size... except the other way around. Not enough smaller sizes and some of the things I wanted only came in a size that was too large.

I still can't bring myself to shop by myself like an adult because I'm afraid it will be an epic failure. I stare in stores like they are an impossibility. Someday, I hope to cross this mental hurdle.

All the time!!!!! "Oh this is a cute top....let's see the sizes....XXL, XL, L, L,......nope no smalls grrrrt"

I get the added bonus of being very small chested aka women's blouses have too much boob rooom now.

My advice: ask an associate for help, they'll help you figure out what actually looks good on you.