What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    edited November 2018
    33gail33 wrote: »
    Coconut water tastes like liquid dust.

I have an aversion to ice cream. It grosses me out even watching people eat it. Like .. I don't want to see you licking saliva all over your food. It's disgusting.

Agree on coconut water. I tried 3 brands thinking I had made the wrong choice each time. Nope, just hate it all. Sickening. I also hate every kombucha I've tried, even though people keep telling me I should love it since I like fermented & vinegary foods.

I do like ice cream but I'm grossed out watching some people eat it if they lick their cone forever or only eat like 1/4 of each bite and keep putting the same spoonful back into their mouth all slimy & melting. So I hear ya on that. If I'm eating ice cream I scoop up pretty small bites and eat the whole spoonful each time.

Mentioned in other posts...but I don't get the dessert menus with every single item being chocolate on top of chocolate. I do like chocolate. But I just prefer more variety and I find a lot of the stuff that layers chocolates together is low quality and tastes awful.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Coconut water is gross.
  • New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    VUA21 wrote: »
    Coconut water is gross.

I've had coconut water that smelled like armpit. Just a nasty tart funky smell.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,889 Member
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    Reese's peanut butter cups are an overrated candy. Is that even PB in there???

Here ya go (skip the coconut oil, use peanut butter than separates, and use that oil instead.)

https://skinnyms.com/chocolate-peanut-butter-banana-cup-recipe/

Peanut-Butter-Banana-Cups-1.jpg
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,382 Member
    [/quote]

Buffalo Cauliflower does not taste "just like" buffalo wings, but is very yummy, and my OH, a cauliflower hater, likes it: https://www.franksredhot.com/recipes/Buffalo-Cauliflower-Bites[/quote]

I'd make that, just omit the flour and water. Cauliflower doesn't need breading!

• TrishSeren
    TrishSeren Posts: 587 Member
    I hate mayonnaise.

SAME SAME SAME
  • Pizzacake_
    Pizzacake_ Posts: 11 Member
    Another coconut water hater here !
  • 23rochelle23
    23rochelle23 Posts: 269 Member
    S'mores really aren't very good. I don't think that's an unpopular opinion. Marshmallow anything is pretty bad, though oddly enough, I like a marshmallow or two by itself every now and then.

I only like white marshmallows 🤷🏼‍♀️ the pink ones are foul!
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    I hate pizza. I really despise pizza with tomato sauce and pepperoni. Sausage, onions and peppers on the pizza don't help either.