Recommendations for gym clothes

Hi, any recommendations for gym clothing, gym leggings ECT? Thanks

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    I get super hero leggings off amazon, and generally just wear a cami or tank top.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Sports direct
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Lululemon is top shelf.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    I rock this at the gym on a fairly regular basis.

thd4kp21bsqi.jpg
  • Cassandraw3
    Cassandraw3 Posts: 1,214 Member
    I really like victoria's secret leggings and sports bras. My tanks are just a random collection of cotton tanks from different crossfit gyms and musclebox subscription.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    I like just going to TJ maxx and getting whatever brands they have there. My favorite pair of leggings is from there by some brand that I've never heard of.
  • PennyP312
    PennyP312 Posts: 161 Member
    I’m a pear shape and I love old navy high waisted compression capris. They are squat proof, don’t show every dimple and bump, never ever roll or move, and aren’t crazy expensive.

Sports bras are Under Armour compression or Victoria secret sport.

Tops, pretty much whatever I find that is reasonably priced and matches my style (long sleeves for lifting, tanks for spin)
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Depends on what type of exercise you're doing. Are you just looking for general workout wear? Yoga clothes? Running clothes?

If you're sweating a lot, I would recommend moisture wicking fabrics. If you are prone to blisters, then you should also try moisture wicking socks--I like Balega, but there are many brands. If neither of these things apply to you, then I would just wear whatever is comfortable and cheap.

If you need sports bras in cup size D or larger, I am a huge (no pun intended) fan of Panache. I've worn their sports bras for running at every size from 40DDD to 32D, for runs up to a half marathon. They're pricey but well worth it. Don't skimp on sports bras if you're a busty person.

If you are running, get fitted for shoes at a running store. This is something you should neither skimp on nor rely on others for recommendations.

My running tights are all Under Armour; my workout shirts are whatever I get from races.
  • TrishSeren
    TrishSeren Posts: 587 Member
    Gym shark is good, also Lulu Lemon but they're $$$$.

A lot of my stuff is Nike that I get on sale.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I mostly wear Old Navy. I really like their running shorts and muscle tanks. I also have a couple Tesla capris from Amazon. My running shoes are Mizuno. I lift in my retired running shoes. For sport bras, I have fruit of the loom, jockey, and Old Navy. I am not busty at all though.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    shorts- Nike Pro 3 inch.

sports bras- doesn't matter, I'm a 32 double A.

sweats- Adidas Tiro 17

shirts- any tank top will do

shoes- Nike Free or Converse Chuck Taylors

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    I like Danskin Now pants. I have also gotten pants and shorts from the thrift store.
    I just wear ordinary tees or tanks.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    The only thing I spend a lot of money on are my running shoes and socks: improper fitting shoes can causea lot of problems, running in less than awesome socks and I blister my feet.

Everything else is what ever I feel like and is clean. I do recommend actual running/workout tights and not regular leggings as many leggings become rather see through when you bend over. I've seen way too many pair of underwear show through leggings at the gym.

I normally wear running tights and an old t-shirt when I run outdoors and it's cold. Or, soccar shorts and an old tank/t-shirt when I work out indoors. Nothing matches, it's not cute, but by the end of my workout end up covered in sweat and looking all ragged anyways.

Wear what you are most comfortable wearing.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,129 Member
    Would probably need more info:
    • Which country?
    • What are you doing at the gym?
    • What sort of size/shape are you?
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    apullum wrote: »

My running tights are all Under Armour; my workout shirts are whatever I get from races.

Under Armour is my favorite for running shorts (7" / long) and sports bras (nice flat lower band/seam).
  • BeckyBeebs
    BeckyBeebs Posts: 16 Member
    Old Navy, C9 (Target) and Fabletics are my stand-bys. Occasional RBX and a brand I can't recall from Amazon - but the sizing and quality are very inconsistent so it's a desperation buy normally.
  • aesstricker1
    aesstricker1 Posts: 2 Member
    My favorite fitness youtubers just announced they are launching their own line of workout clothes. I am beyond thrilled, I haven't bought any new stuff and 40 pounds later my old stuff is falling off me. I resisted buying new clothes and now I am so glad. I am going to rock that Workout Complete, rock it so hard, haha!
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    TJMaxx or Target for generic workout gear
  • chellekoren
    chellekoren Posts: 273 Member
    I recently bought off amazon a pair of capris workout leggings with pockets, high waisted brand ododos. They were about $17 and well worth the price. They don’t show that your are sweaty, which is very important to me. I also bought the ankle length but the sizing and the feel were not the same. They ran a tad smaller (can still wear them though) the smoothness of the capris are awesome. Runs true to size imo.