What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

Replies

• FireOpalCO
    FireOpalCO Posts: 641 Member
    fish9283 wrote: »
    Hot sauce ruins any food it touches. If you put hot sauce on anything, all you can taste is the hot sauce.

Define hot sauce. Tabasco? Well that's swill. Merf's Electric Lime Hot Sauce is delicious and doesn't overpower the food. I love sprinkling some on my scrambled eggs with Mexican cheese blend.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    pinuplove wrote: »
    I really like Hawaiian pizza :grimace: I don't care how inauthentic that makes me.

Cultural misappropriation... :smiley:

I have no culture of my own to appropriate :tongue:
  • SFJULES66
    SFJULES66 Posts: 168 Member
    Tuna fish - it looks and smells horrid.
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    I love sweetbreads and fried Rocky Mountain oysters.
  • StargazerB
    StargazerB Posts: 425 Member
    admaarie wrote: »
    Sweet potato fries are better than regular. Especially with chipotle sauce.

Lettuce wrapped burgers are just so pointless to me.

Oatmeal is top 5 best breakfast food.

Cookies are overrated.

I agree with all except the cookie comment, that's just wrong. 😋🍪
  • admaarie
    admaarie Posts: 4,297 Member
    Haha cookies are good, but the aren’t great. Plus chocolate chip is really what’s overrated. Give me a white macadamia nut cookie any day over chocolate chip!
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    S'mores really aren't very good. I don't think that's an unpopular opinion. Marshmallow anything is pretty bad, though oddly enough, I like a marshmallow or two by itself every now and then.

Have you tried making s'mores with dark chocolate?

Have you tried making s'mores with Reese's peanut butter cups?
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,707 Member
    I really like Hawaiian pizza :grimace: I don't care how inauthentic that makes me.

Cultural misappropriation... :smiley:

I have no culture of my own to appropriate :tongue:

Eat some yogurt. Plenty of live cultures.

PaperDoll_ wrote: »
    I don't like baked macaroni and cheese. I think it gets too dry. I'd much prefer the stove top stuff from a box.

The secret is lots of bechamel sauce. Most recipes don't have the right ratio of pasta to cheese sauce. I usually increase the sauce by 50%.

I'm the opposite. I prefer baked so I can sink my teeth into it and taste the cheese. I hate mushy mac 'n' cheese. Yes I know I'm supposed to love "Ooh it's so GOO-ey and RICH and CREEEEEA-my!" I think it tastes like baby food.
    A close friend from the Bahamas made my favorite-ever baked mac and cheese - there were little bits of hot peppers in it. She was a great cook in general. I loved her pigeon peas and rice, souse, and the best Thanksgiving turkey I've ever had.