What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

Replies

• whulfc86
    whulfc86 Posts: 10 Member
    I don't like anything sweet so that means chocolate, cake and ice cream 🤷‍♀️
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    nowine4me wrote: »
    Chicken smells like bloody, rotting animal flesh covered in salmonella. I just can’t.

I'm a vegetarian because I got to the point that all meat was like this to me and I could taste it when I ate it. Don't get me started on the texture. I still cook it for my husband and son, though.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Rocknut53 wrote: »
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    S'mores really aren't very good. I don't think that's an unpopular opinion. Marshmallow anything is pretty bad, though oddly enough, I like a marshmallow or two by itself every now and then.

Have you tried making s'mores with dark chocolate?

Have you tried making s'mores with Reese's peanut butter cups?

Using the Ghiradelli dark chocolate caramel squares is an excellent option to make smores with.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    steveko89 wrote: »
    - Granny Smith > any other apple variety... fight me.

Honeycrisp is the best apple. Once you try one, you wont go back to other apples.

That^^
  • lalee115
    lalee115 Posts: 185 Member
    People rave about sriracha and ginger (not together, obviously... I hope).

I think both are horrid.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    Rocknut53 wrote: »
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    S'mores really aren't very good. I don't think that's an unpopular opinion. Marshmallow anything is pretty bad, though oddly enough, I like a marshmallow or two by itself every now and then.

Have you tried making s'mores with dark chocolate?

Have you tried making s'mores with Reese's peanut butter cups?

Yes. Yes, I have.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    admaarie wrote: »
    Sweet potato fries are better than regular.

That's a hard one for me. Good sweet potato fries absolutely are. But they are harder to cook properly, and thus regular fries are much safer. So as a whole, regular fries > sweet potato fries. But good sweet potato fries are better than any regular fry.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    edited November 2018
    I decided that I don't like green bean casserole because it has the soup. Doesn't matter if you make it from scratch with fresh green beans it still has soup on it.
    I don't think Girl Scout cookies are worth buying. They are not any more tempting than any factory made cookie on the grocery store shelf.
    Kettle corn is gross.
    I don't like peanut butter or bacon added to random things. I don't hate either but not in everything. No bacon cupcakes.
    There is nothing wrong with just taking 5 minutes and packing a sandwich and some fruit for your lunch instead of spending a whole day meal prepping for the week.
    I think people should be able to get enough protein from normal food and drinking protein shakes sound horrible.
    Onions are great.
    Soup is great year round.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    edited November 2018
    Kashi cereal is like chewing cardboard. Shredded wheat is like eating hay. Grapenuts are gravel in (barely) edible form.

Golden Grahams all the way! Chex are also acceptable, but not wheat. Corn or rice (or a mix of both). But regular serving sizes of any cereal are pitiful, so I usually don't eat it.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Agree about the Reese's PB cups, they are an insult to peanut butter.

Regarding the Kashi, gotta get that Crunch version!

Celery can take a hike.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    food is my first medicine. :)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,843 Member
    PaperDoll_ wrote: »
    I don't like baked macaroni and cheese. I think it gets too dry. I'd much prefer the stove top stuff from a box.

@PaperDoll_ the Joy of Cooking's baked macaroni and cheese is AMAZING and not the least bit dry.

This looks like a pretty faithful rendition: https://www.bigoven.com/recipe/baked-macaroni-cheese-joy-of-cooking/396395
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,843 Member
    Miracle/shirataki noodles taste and smell like fishy rubberbands.

Could not agree more.