Morning oatmeal

Replies

• beaglady
    beaglady Posts: 1,362 Member
    Coffee and Fage 0 with chia seeds and homemade fruit preserves.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,913 Member
    edited November 2018
    I have some go-to breakfasts that I kind of cycle through depending on what I feel like eating

1) proats - oatmeal, almond milk, protein powder, chia seeds, maca powder, cinamon and fruit - berries or apple or both

2) pancake - egg white (or whole egg, or a mixture of one whole egg + extra egg whites) + oats + chia + maca powder + cinamon + protein powder or PB2 or a combination of both + honey spread on top + greek yoghurt on top of the honey + fruit

3) 3 eggs on toast (1 or 2 slices depending on how poor my macros are) and sometimes one or two slices of cheese on said toast (again, dependent on macros poverty)

Sometimes I splurge and do banana protein pancakes. banana, protein powder, coconut water, chia, maca. top with honey, yoghurt and fruit.

oh - and whatever I chose up there - with coffee. plain black no sugar no nothing.
  • Ayehmwhy
    Ayehmwhy Posts: 75 Member
    edited November 2018
    Lately, Oatmeal with half a banana and some cocoa dusted almonds and of course, black coffee :)
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,913 Member
    OMG! what a pancake! and LOL @ shaemless selfie-ing :)
  • andreascjonsson
    andreascjonsson Posts: 433 Member
    I usually never eat breakfast, but woke up hungry today and have 1 hour of sparring in the morning so i ate the pizza half that was left since yesterday.
  • Pootler74
    Pootler74 Posts: 223 Member
    My favourite meal of the day, breakfast. :):) I tend to have things that have plenty of protein and feel like they can't possibly be diet food:
    • Bacon and egg sandwiches with lashings of HP sauce
    • Fruit protein smoothies in fun flavours like Pina Colada, Toffee Apple, Blackberry Crumble, or Black Forest Gateau
    • All Bran Protein Carrot cake or chocolate cake. (Own recipes, tweaked from Slimming World ones that I tweaked years ago)
    • Porridge with lovely things in it like seeds and fruit and skinny syrup
    • Uitsmijter: Fried eggs topped with ham and cheese
    • Full English Breakfast
    • Spinach, Mushroom and Cheese Omelette
    • Greek yoghurt with fruit, protein powder and oats
    • Protein bars (usually try to get 10g of protein per 100 calories, and pick the ones that also have fibre. But then within my budget of about £1 per bar.)
  • chaseb43
    chaseb43 Posts: 1 Member
    3 whole eggs,2 egg whites, oatmeal, and some blueberries !
  • Barfly57
    Barfly57 Posts: 333 Member
    Coupla egg mcmuffins, donut, coffee. 😁
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    edited November 2018
    I occasionally eat oatmeal but it doesnt really fill me up.

I almost always eat eggs. I scramble 2 or 3 with a little cheese and usually some veggies.

If I really have no time then I drink tea and eat a nature valley protein bar.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited November 2018
    but there's no oatmeal in the pic :D
  • FL_Hiker
    FL_Hiker Posts: 919 Member
    hesn92 wrote: »
    but there's no oatmeal in the pic :D

She ate it and didn’t even share 😥....
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member
    Usually a vegetable omelet, but occasionally oats.

I thought this was going to be ideas for different oatmeal add-ins.
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    Usually a vegetable omelet, but occasionally oats.

I thought this was going to be ideas for different oatmeal add-ins.

I like oatmeal with fat free greek yogurt and fruit. I like mango in it, sometimes few slices of frozen banana. But I've noticed that it doesn't keep me full long enough.
  • Aerona85
    Aerona85 Posts: 159 Member
    Overnight oats (various flavors), leftovers from the last nights dinner, veggie omelet and toast, hard boiled egg, string cheese and grape tomatoes, ham and cheese sandwich. Those are some of my go tos.
  • pe4sandra2
    pe4sandra2 Posts: 39 Member
    I love the idea of a shameless food-and-me selfie. Someone should start that as a separate thread. :#
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    edited November 2018
    I usually eat oatmeal with melted cheese for breakfast. Lately, I've been throwing in some zucchini for extra volume.
    Today I ate spaghetti squash with roasted tomato and onions for breakfast, so I will be having the zoats for lunch.
    I find it hard to go a whole day without oatmeal...
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    What great ideas!
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Cappuccino 😋