Food allergies

Options
Any breakfast idea to make for someone who is allergic to cows milk, egg white, egg yolks and trying to cut down on carbs?

Replies

• brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Many people with egg allergies can have baked eggs. Do you know if they can have baked eggs? That could open up some possibilities.

If not, meat is an obvious answer. Ham cubes with a very small side of diced sweet potatoes? There's coconut milk yogurt as well, though that probably has a fair number of carbs.

• georgieamber2
    georgieamber2 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Chopped green beans and tomatoes / mushrooms fried in a touch of oil ((optional shallot, garlic, ginger, turmeric, nutritional yeast, peanut butter)) on seeded toast. Peanut butter, banana and flax on toast. Coconut / almond / spy yoghurt with fruit. Overnight oats with plant milk. Oatmeal with water or plant milk with spices ((use grated carrot / courgette so you can use less oats and still bulk it up - they lose any taste)) can use and spiced / fruits. Oat cookies or google vegan bliss balls:) x
  • aliciatastic1
    aliciatastic1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You can substitute cow's milk in any recipe with unsweetened soy milk from the dry goods area. VERY RICH AND CREAMY LOW CALORIE. also a trick for you: search vegan recipes for things like pancakes etc 😁
  • mariameats
    mariameats Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    i have an egg allergy and am lactose intolerant!

Usually for breakfast I make a smoothie with more veggies than fruits (celery, spinach, apple cider vinegar, half cup of frozen fruit).
    I also like to do peanut butter toast or avocado toast. I know you are trying to cut down on carbs so you may not like those options. The other is oatmeal also which is super filling. You could also try chia pudding type breakfasts.
  • Phoebe5164
    Phoebe5164 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I’m allergic to chicken eggs but not duck eggs...

I drink a protein shake with berries and kefir milk .. yummy
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,603 Member
    Options
    If the milk allergy is lactose intolerance, you can probably still have yoghurt. The lactose has already been digested by the bacteria.
  • no1racefan1
    no1racefan1 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I can't eat eggs or dairy products (or wheat or soy). For breakfast I usually eat a sausage patty and a cup of unsweetened almond milk. My morning snack is typically plain almondmilk yogurt with some fruit or a scoop of PB2.

Sometimes I change it up and have smoked kielbasa sautéed with some sweet potatoes, sometimes bacon instead of sausage, sometimes just plain oatmeal with whatever add-ins I have on hand.

Although I am not trying to eat Paleo or Whole30, I have found that most of the meal ideas I have found are compliant with those diet plans. So you might want to search for those types of ideas.