What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

Replies

• I enjoy tuna, and fried cod or whatever. But other than that, seafood is the worst.
  • PennyP312
    PennyP312 Posts: 161 Member
    And caraway seeds 🤢
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member
    PennyP312 wrote: »
    And caraway seeds 🤢

Agree!
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    Oreos suck

Compared to what?

Famous Amos? Agreed. Sugar cookies? GTFO of here.

Oh, no no no. Famous Amos are awful. All dry and crumbly.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    kam26001 wrote: »
    Eating ice cream during the winter months is weird.

That and iced tea.
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,841 Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    PaperDoll_ wrote: »
    I don't like baked macaroni and cheese. I think it gets too dry. I'd much prefer the stove top stuff from a box.

@PaperDoll_ the Joy of Cooking's baked macaroni and cheese is AMAZING and not the least bit dry.

This looks like a pretty faithful rendition: https://www.bigoven.com/recipe/baked-macaroni-cheese-joy-of-cooking/396395

Onions in macaroni and cheese? That's different. I love onions though, so it's definately worth a try. Thanks. :)
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,841 Member
    PennyP312 wrote: »
    Sweet potatoes are absolutely horrid

I agree so much with this.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    - I'm sure this isn't very popular, but I stopped buying peanut butter because I've had to throw away half-eaten (small) jars a year later.
    - I haven't had a donut in 5 years and not even tempted to have one.
    - I'm done trying to like steak.
    - I can't understand how people like bacon.
    - I can only eat chicken if it's skinless boneless breast - the least popular choice among those who like chicken.
    - Ramen is a perfectly fine, delicious, and filling choice for a meal, not just a last resort.
    - Anything in coffee ruins coffee. No sugar, no cream, no flavorings, no fancy Starbucks style drinks.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    FireOpalCO wrote: »
    pinuplove wrote: »
    Cheez-Its... best cracker. Period.

Cheese Nips > Cheez-Its

Goldfish > either of those

All fake "cheese" dust crackers are icky. So is "cheese" in a can and American "cheese" and the V word.

Now a nice slice of white cheddar on a cracker with a slice of apple? Hand over the whole *kitten* tray.

american cheese is just orange rubber. I don't understand it.
  • lemurcat2
    - I'm sure this isn't very popular, but I stopped buying peanut butter because I've had to throw away half-eaten (small) jars a year later.

As a kid I hated peanut butter. I discovered the peanut butter that is just peanuts and salt as an adult and liked it well enough but stopped buying it because I prefer other nut butters (and rarely have nut butter at all since I prefer nuts whole).
    Anything in coffee ruins coffee. No sugar, no cream, no flavorings, no fancy Starbucks style drinks.

Mostly agree, except on occasion I like it with milk -- latte no sugar as a dessert. I also like coffee and milk for breakfast when traveling in Europe.

The rest of your list I can't go along with! ;-)
  • AmyC2288
    AmyC2288 Posts: 386 Member

Yep. And eating soup is the Summer is weird. Can't do it.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Nutella is an oversweet insult to both chocolate and hazelnuts.

Definitely like Cookie Butter more!
  • lemurcat2
    AmyC2288 wrote: »

Yep. And eating soup is the Summer is weird. Can't do it.

Gazpacho is one of my favorite soups, and so is a cold potato and leek (or the version with watercress). Would not have those in the winter, though.

Stew in the summer is weird, and also one of my favorite things about this time of year.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    hesn92 wrote: »
    Reese's peanut butter cups are an overrated candy. Is that even PB in there???

I agree with you on that one! Same with kit-kats. They just don't taste that great. I used to love them. But I think I spoiled my taste buds with my dove dark chocolate promises.

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcS8UGyIsLtXL9F2XS_2lYq-7Jis7gqD2IE4y6kScDD5Qk6Rk6Oxwfc&usqp=CAc

I'm not usually much of a KitKat person, but these are amazing!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    I like frozen pizzas

Me too!

Can't wait to try this one

b96b6eef-4b98-4736-b0e0-2578c098fda1_3.98024f29db96f31195cc15023f4b95c2.jpeg?odnHeight=450&odnWidth=450&odnBg=FFFFFF

I'll eat thick crust pizza (usually like the ones with the cheese inside the crust), but generally I prefer thin crust.