• EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    Welcome all!
  • seanmcmanus71
    seanmcmanus71 Posts: 2 Member

Hello I’m Sean
    I weight 221.5 (254 on July 9)
    I’m 5’ 11.5”
    I’ve struggled losingweight in Summer for 3-4 months and then gain the other 8-9months. 200 to 250 to 230 to 250. Since 2016 when I reach 250 k know I’m obese and usually do something.
    -
    My goal is 200 to start with short term goal to get out of Obese BMI (212) I will then review how I look and feel to determine if I want to go lower toward “normal” BMI. my ultimate goal: sto stay in 200 area. Forever. Settle with for a year and not gain this Nov to June.
    -
    My current OMAD is 6/7pm to 7/8pm
    -
    I just started OMAD and got I single meal 23/1 for first time on Tuesday 10/2. I’ve been intermittent fasting since July 9 and have IF before in 2016 and 2017. Did 16/8 and moved to 18/6 for quite some time. Eating during day. Thinking I’m consuming calories when I use them. Always last meal at 3pm so by the time I went to bed. I was entering fasting state. I’ve decided to make most of the fasting by trying to fast during day while burning carlories in the hopes that my body will start using the fat for energy. I’m struggling a bit with the change of time to eat. But my will power is stronger and I will do this for at least a period of time to determine which timing is best for me.
    I’m good with just black coffee/ teas (herbal or black) and water only. I’ve not consumed any calories in my 23 fast windows so far.
    I’m hoping that the lifestyle will root, and it staves any aging/ potential health issues.
    I use MFP to track calories and macros and Wholesome for detailed nutrition info. So I know exactly how many calories consumed and Fitbit lets me know activity and calories out.

• arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Hello I’m Sean
    I weight 221.5 (254 on July 9)
    I’m 5’ 11.5”
    I’ve struggled losingweight in Summer for 3-4 months and then gain the other 8-9months. 200 to 250 to 230 to 250. Since 2016 when I reach 250 k know I’m obese and usually do something.
    -
    My goal is 200 to start with short term goal to get out of Obese BMI (212) I will then review how I look and feel to determine if I want to go lower toward “normal” BMI. my ultimate goal: sto stay in 200 area. Forever. Settle with for a year and not gain this Nov to June.
    -
    My current OMAD is 6/7pm to 7/8pm
    -
    I just started OMAD and got I single meal 23/1 for first time on Tuesday 10/2. I’ve been intermittent fasting since July 9 and have IF before in 2016 and 2017. Did 16/8 and moved to 18/6 for quite some time. Eating during day. Thinking I’m consuming calories when I use them. Always last meal at 3pm so by the time I went to bed. I was entering fasting state. I’ve decided to make most of the fasting by trying to fast during day while burning carlories in the hopes that my body will start using the fat for energy. I’m struggling a bit with the change of time to eat. But my will power is stronger and I will do this for at least a period of time to determine which timing is best for me.
    I’m good with just black coffee/ teas (herbal or black) and water only. I’ve not consumed any calories in my 23 fast windows so far.
    I’m hoping that the lifestyle will root, and it staves any aging/ potential health issues.
    I use MFP to track calories and macros and Wholesome for detailed nutrition info. So I know exactly how many calories consumed and Fitbit lets me know activity and calories out.

Welcome, Sean!!
  • fatcatladyslim
    fatcatladyslim Posts: 14 Member
    ...name: Carol
    ...weight: 93.4 kg (SW 95.5)
    ... height: 163 cm
    ...weight goal : 58 kg
    ...OMAD meal : 12 pm
    ...OMAD start date: October 19 , 2018

I'm an emotional eater and had a tough few years. I was 67 kg three years ago to put it into perspective! My goal is to lose the weight but I am also interested in cancer prevention. I'll be walking and doing some light weights for now.
  • EspressoLvr
    EspressoLvr Posts: 100 Member
    edited October 2018
    Hey there shrinking people! My name is Karen and I've been doing OMAD for about a month. I'm 5'7", my start weight was 353, my current weight is 309, and my first milestone goal is 250. Ultimately I want to get down to 150, but it's a little too far off in the future for me to see that as a realistic goal. My doc started talking about bariatric surgery and I'm not a fan, so my weight loss journey started.

For the past year I've been cleaning up my food choices, and about 6 months ago I started doing Keto. Then I learned about intermittent fasting, and it wasn't long after that when OMAD evolved. I eat in the early evenings after work. I like it, it fits well with my lifestyle.

I rely on the calorie deficit of the OMAD, and choose foods to meet nutritional goals. Pie, chocolate, and wine happen, still at a calorie deficit, so I'm cool about it. I walk my dog 7 days a week, 4 miles, it takes about an hour, sometimes a little less. I ride my bike on weekends. And once I get down to 250, which is technically the maximum weight specification for my bike, I'll join a group of cyclists and clock some real miles.

OMAD has been really eye opening in terms of what my body needs vs. what I've been taught my body needs. I have more energy and mental acuity and I drink less coffee. Go figure!

I've benefited by learning from other people's challenges, so I hope this group will be an excellent resource for more fine tuning of what is already proving to work well for me.
  • catuccifranco08
    catuccifranco08 Posts: 218 Member
    Welcome to the OMAD Family ❤🤝
  • arguablysamson
    Hey there shrinking people! My name is Karen and I've been doing OMAD for about a month. I'm 5'7", my start weight was 353, my current weight is 309, and my first milestone goal is 250. Ultimately I want to get down to 150, but it's a little too far off in the future for me to see that as a realistic goal. My doc started talking about bariatric surgery and I'm not a fan, so my weight loss journey started.

For the past year I've been cleaning up my food choices, and about 6 months ago I started doing Keto. Then I learned about intermittent fasting, and it wasn't long after that when OMAD evolved. I eat in the early evenings after work. I like it, it fits well with my lifestyle.

I rely on the calorie deficit of the OMAD, and choose foods to meet nutritional goals. Pie, chocolate, and wine happen, still at a calorie deficit, so I'm cool about it. I walk my dog 7 days a week, 4 miles, it takes about an hour, sometimes a little less. I ride my bike on weekends. And once I get down to 250, which is technically the maximum weight specification for my bike, I'll join a group of cyclists and clock some real miles.

OMAD has been really eye opening in terms of what my body needs vs. what I've been taught my body needs. I have more energy and mental acuity and I drink less coffee. Go figure!

I've benefited by learning from other people's challenges, so I hope this group will be an excellent resource for more fine tuning of what is already proving to work well for me.

Hi, Karen...

Once you get that "bi-pass bad news", it's easier to get and stay motivated!

Seems like you've got your feet on the ground.

Welcome!
  • rubchau106
    rubchau106 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi all,

My name is Ruby and my current weight is 128.0lb @ 5'2", my goal weight is 118 but I will re-evaluate as I get closer to it; I know I may be much smaller than most on here, but just like all of you, I have struggled for years to control my food instead of allowing it to control me and I am confident that following OMAD will give me the liberation I've been searching for. Here's a little more about my weight loss specifics:
    I started at 138.7lb around mid-July of 2018 (I have zig-zagged constantly for the last three years with my highest weight at ~145lb). Please know that my scale weight and/or appearance were not big factors when I finally decided to take weight loss seriously this summer. I just felt so trapped by the constant thoughts about the next time I'd eat and what I'd have; I had fallen into a cycle of using food as a source of relief and I knew that if I didn't work on these mental issues now, they would only manifest as obesity and other health issues later on in my life (I'm in my early twenties and it's so painful to think about this as a lifelong struggle).
    From 138.7, I got down to ~132lb over the course of 2 months following basic calorie counting and eating whenever/whatever as long as it fit into my daily allotment.

Once I got to ~132, I wanted to transition away from calorie counting; this led to about a 1 month stall from mid-August to mid-September, but I was ok with this.

Around mid-September, I began IF with just the basic "skipping breakfast" plan. From mid-Sep. to mid-Oct., I dropped from 132 to 128.

So, for the last two weeks, I have remained in the 128-130 range; but as of this previous Saturday (Oct. 27th), I have been following OMAD and can already see a significant drop in water weight!
    Aside from weight loss and mental clarity when it comes to food, I am excited to practice OMAD because it has really helped me to find more structure and productivity in my everyday activities (I'm a student, so this basically perfect for my schedule), as well as give me a HUGE boost in the gym--I've finally broken through weightlifting plateaus in both upper and lower body exercises!!!!!!!

Excited to post more and read more from everyone! :D
  • HGALlife
    HGALlife Posts: 5 Member
    edited November 2018
    My name is Teresa and I have been doing OMAD since October 15, 2018. I started the program at 185 pounds. I am now at 174. I am 5'2" and my goal weight is 125 pounds. I have found that my ideal OMAD time is around 2 pm. I often change it to dinner to fit in with life though. I live in Alabama so I have a love of good Southern cooking. My husband is from Louisiana and is a great Cajun cook so I love Cajun food also. I am one of those people that could eat anything and everything with a huge appetite until I had my third child and hit the 30's. It is hard to break bad eating habits! I have been on every diet imaginable - had some losses but always gain it back. I have no doubt my family and friends feel OMAD is just my latest fad diet. I have found that I do so much better putting all of my calories into one meal instead of trying to eat the right thing over 3 meals with snacks. I want this to be my new normal not another fad. This feels good! I am joining to be encouraged and inspired to keep going! I don't care for pictures of myself right now so I will add a picture after my first 25 pound loss. I appreciate all advice anyone can give me. I have been inspired by reading your post and the OMAD Revolution You Tube videos.
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Welcome to the group!
  • arguablysamson
    Welcome to all newbs...I have not logged in in a while! :/
  • murrell007
    murrell007 Posts: 65 Member
    edited November 2018
    username murrell007
    weight 151.8
    height 5'5"
    I started OMAD probably 18 months ago and lost about 13 lbs. Which was close to my goal. I stopped omad, but I face the challenge of trying to consume the correct amount of calories over 3 meals to lose a little more weight. Plus the weight is creeping back up. To lose weight I need to eat 1200 calories. Trying to eat 400 calorie meals is difficult.
    ... goal weight range 140-145
    ...the time of your OMAD 6-7
    ...and your OMAD start date. 10/12/18

I love food which is another challenge and I am an emotional eater. The no snacking especially at night will be very helpful.
  • volgirl1322
    Welcome and best of luck!
  • arguablysamson
    murrell007 wrote: »
    username murrell007
    weight 151.8
    height 5'5"
    I started OMAD probably 18 months ago and lost about 13 lbs. Which was close to my goal. I stopped omad, but I face the challenge of trying to consume the correct amount of calories over 3 meals to lose a little more weight. Plus the weight is creeping back up. To lose weight I need to eat 1200 calories. Trying to eat 400 calorie meals is difficult.
    ... goal weight range 140-145
    ...the time of your OMAD 6-7
    ...and your OMAD start date. 10/12/18

I love food which is another challenge and I am an emotional eater. The no snacking especially at night will be very helpful.

If your goal weight is to be at 140, you need to get to 130, remember.
  • Holly23bgs
    Holly23bgs Posts: 51 Member
    Hi I'm Holly! I'm 5'6" and current weight 231. I gained a lot with a pregnancy and even though my daughter will be turning 4 in a few months I haven't yet been able to get that weight off. I wasn't a healthy weight pre-pregnancy either.

I've tried IF a couple times this year, starting by eating lunch and dinner in an 8 hour window. For me that made it way too easy to make exceptions here and there and ultimately go back to my old way of eating. With OMAD I feel I am mentally better set up for avoiding other temptations during the day (I eat my meal at night so I can have dinner with my husband and daughter). I don't even feel the need to track calories because as long as I'm not eating junk food, it's pretty hard to get too many calories in that one meal.

The next milestone weight goal I'm looking forward to is 199 so I'm out of the 200s, and it feels so possible now since this past week I'm down 7 pounds! My final goal is somewhere around 150 but as I get closer I'll see what's most comfortable for my body type.

OMAD start date Nov 10, 2018
  • arguablysamson
    Hi, Holly! Welcome!
  • volgirl1322
    Holly,

Welcome to the group. It can be done!!! We are here to support you along the way.

My starting weight was around 226 back in 2016 and with some IF and casual dieting I got down under 199. With OMAD I am now at 177...….It is a game changer!

Donna
  • Amandajs232
    Amandajs232 Posts: 194 Member
    Hi, my story is that I am accidentally on OMAD - but I think/hope it might be here for the long term. I had a chest infection for a couple of weeks and I was coughing so hard I couldnt keep food down so only had soup once per day.

I got better a couple of weeks ago so reverted onto solid food but still small portions trying to ensure it is as nutrient rich as possible. I’m only eating about 500kcal per day at the moment as can’t face anything larger but I feel good. I’ll increase the kcals as my appetite allows. I gained 70lb in the last year from eating out of control so I am taking this as a gift and am not going to force feed extra kcals that my body isn’t asking for! At this weight I suffer from stomach acid so large meals not an option. I know I’ll wake up hungry one day and have to deal with it but I’m going to try to stick to OMAD.

Over the next month I have 2 lunch events with friends so that will be my meal - has anyone else moved the time of their meal for events? Any tips?
    Thanks in advance.
    Amanda
  • arguablysamson
    Hi, Amanda...

Nothing wrong with moving meal times, but don't do it often. The body LOVEs the patterns we set for it!