Serial Starters

Replies

• megbeveridge93
    megbeveridge93 Posts: 238 Member
    I really need to get on here more than once a day! By the time I read through I forget what everyone said.

Runa - I totally understand stubborn depression. I'm trying to keep it at bay, but this weather has been killing me! Also, I definitely have also worn flip flops in the snow, no judgment lol

Lana - I'm so surprised that you know and love Baltimore! Most people only know what they've seen on The Wire (I haven't even watched that) or the news. I love it here too and anyone who doesn't can fight me!

I'm definitely in a plateau right now. I have been fluctuating between the same 3-4 pounds for weeks and it's so frustrating! I know I need to make a big change to push through it, but I can't seem to stay fully on track lately. I'm not sure if it's stress, the season, or being presented with a million opportunities to sugar splurge, but something is keeping me back. Hopefully I'll get all 10,000 steps on Saturday and Sunday while volunteering in my neighborhood! And if I do, hopefully I don't eat all that calorie burn back!
  • Rocky_Runa
    Rocky_Runa Posts: 140 Member

Hey all!

My last several years living back in my hometown (Minneapolis) in Minnesnowta 🤪 I was wearing just sweaters, throws, and t-shirts underneath all winter, so now that I live in Tulsa, Oklahoma... the summers about kill me and the winters seem extremely mild to me. I only wear tennis’s to do walks for exercise... otherwise, it’s flip flops. Last year it was snowing and I was in shorts, flip flops, a t-shirt, and light sweater... sitting waiting for a greyhound to get back to Tulsa and folks thought I was crazy - until I explained.

Not looking forward to holidays. At least I won’t be bummed that no one is calling me anymore. I disconnected my local number. I haven’t gotten a call from anyone just to say “hi” in over a decade. Can’t remember the last time I was invited to a holiday dinner that wasn’t out of guilt or pity. So, I’ll buy my own pie and frozen meals and veg on TV and wait for the spring to ring back in. Funny, the more therapy I’ve done in my life to become a better person, the less people want to do with me or think they “have” to do anything with me for fear I’ll hurt myself or something. I don’t get it. I’m done trying to figure it out.

As long as I can stop medicating with food, I’ll be okay. Just need to fix that and the world will be “right as rain”.

Have a turkey trot to do next week. Might have to get some walks in so I can build up. Have 3 days to clock 6.2 miles on my virtual race. They already sent the medal, so feel obliged to do the race.

Cheers! Runa
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Runa - they sent medal before the race?? That seems odd. I just finished the Dublin Pub Crawl and have started Route 66. the virtual races actually make me want to get on the treadmill! (no going outside for me in this weather, i dont have the resistance to the cold that Minnesota instilled in you! LOL)
  • Rocky_Runa
    Rocky_Runa Posts: 140 Member
    @hickchic67 Yes, for the Turkey Trot 🦃🚶🏽‍♀️they sent out the medals in advance so folks would have them. Not sure of reasoning, but it is what it is.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,325 Member
    edited November 2018
    steps 6287 not sure how true it is.....

Weather reporters saying air quality will slowly improve as our first winter storm is on its way day before/on Thanksgiving (figures....) .

Long story short I have had enough of my companies legal department this week - they handed out masks for which I am grateful as they are in short supply/not there at many places - only to get an email stating that they are not responsible for how we use them, and if we are ill at work from smoke it is not workers comp - blah blah blah blah blah. I had to get out of there before I said something salty.

Small dinner curl up with dog and maybe take a nice hot shower before lights out.

Hang in there Kathryn nice hot soapy water is always good, Runa - I didnt want to say anything about flip/flops in snow - its your party not mine. Come by Lana and give my dog treats, she does tricks for other people. Dawn - love the pepper/ginger smell of my ginger scentsy. Oh I am sure I missed someone -

Wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    SATURDAY

Good morning,

Only "unhealthy" today - we were at very unhealthy/hazardous most of week. Storm system passing through next week will make air good enough for people to be able to walk off their Holiday Buffet which is nice.

Trying to figure out meals and fixated too much on turkey, so maybe fried rice and breakfast for dinner.

Dog was a little thin and I checked dog food bag (confused me) I wasnt giving her enough. That is now fixed. It just looks like a lot, will check bag again.

Back for more sleep, this bad air has made us all a little wrung out.

Wave to all who follow. BBL.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,835 Member

Good morning all~~

I am dashing through, yet again. Today is the day to go out to Long Island and visit the friend who is very sick.

Tomorrow I fly out to SFO to visit sister in Redwood City for ~9 days.

BBL

Lana

245.6 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Lana air quality in SF is worse than here, try and get yourself a mask that is N95 rating - hard to find as the demand is huge. It might be easier to get one on the east coast. Safe flight.
  • cwithey93
    cwithey93 Posts: 25 Member
    I'm commited to this last time , good luck everyone
  • hickchic67
    7115 steps yesterday. I did not walk on treadmill barefoot.

I need cleaning fairies! 🧚‍♀️🧚‍♂️ Just tap a wand and -poof- everything clean!! Have been cleanin **kitten** non-stop and am still not done with kitchen! 8 rooms still to go! <insert hysterical screaming here>

Have been "grazing" as I clean. No real way to really cook a meal yet plus have not been to grocery in what seems like ages! Trying to keep calories in check though.

Word to the wise - if you ever need tile removed, pay someone to do it. it will be faster, cleaner, and worth every **kitten** penny.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Kathryn, your advise made me laugh. Whenever some home project seems to easy to be true, it usually is.

Dishwasher ran/hand wash dishes also done. Ready to go on that front for next week.

Kathryn think comforts - warm clean blanket? Nice strong hand cream on hands after such hard work? Cup of hot tea/chocolate/coffee/herb tea.

Welcome Cwithey - this is an open board stop by and let us know how you are doing.

Do we need more Questions of the Day/Week to keep us on track now that the Holidays are pending???

took pedometer off to take shower 5124

• hickchic67
    edited November 2018
    yes! more QOTD/QOTW!

got my instant pot clean and cooked a decent dinner tonight of Southwestern Chicken and Brown Rice (no cheese, extra salsa) https://meaningfuleats.com/instant-pot-southwestern-chicken-and-rice/

• marsellilove
    marsellilove Posts: 122 Member
    Aye everyone, glad to see all the excitement over the upcoming holiday!

Hickchick- I make something a lot like that in my rice cooker. yum!
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,835 Member

Sara - Yikes about SFO air. I am hoping that farther down, in Redwood City, it might be a bit better. I know that we have a lot of indoor activities planned for just this reason, and the swimming pool she goes to is an indoor one at this time of year. Crossing fingers.
    And darn it about those masks you mentioned because I have them down in North Carolina, but not here in NYC, and I dropped the ball about getting some from my old theater......
    Plus on one day we are driving up to Petaluma to see our cousin.....

Waves to all ~~

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Bad air until Monday then it should improve. Lana I hope the air in the Bay Area improves.

Groceries this morning. Dog apt today otherwise inside. Glad air quality is supposed to get better I have a long weekend and cabin fever would set in.

Oatmeal cooked fast. BBL
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good afternoon,

Some days I do talk to myself - here too.

Dog news - food has made the difference and the problems she was having are gone. I thought I bought a water dispenser for her (other one was 10 year old and looked nasty) and bought a food dispenser instead. Lady at register did not laugh, she said they are all thrown in together..... So dog now has the right one (had to take other one back).

QOTW - what are you thankful for?

AOTW - health, both me and my dog, air that is getting better and shelter. Fire near us has been humbling.

Dog is taken care of for dinner. Frozen leftover fried rice sounds fine by me.

Found out error I was making with crocheted bells, hope to finish #2 tonight and maybe #3 (need 3 for cubicle wall).

total steps 6256 - not done with steps just done with pedometer.

Wishing all a good evening.
  • marsellilove
    marsellilove Posts: 122 Member
    Tilliesmomy- amazing what a diet change can do for our fur babies!

Hello everyone, just had the first of three Thanksgivings. This one was vegan so that was interesting. I made the Mac and cheese recipe from the my fitness pal blog and it turned out great.

I keep hovering around 193 and 195 but with all the holiday food and holiday drinking, I’m choosing to take maintaining as much of a success as loosing.

🙌
  • Tilliesmommy1
    MONDAY

Good morning,

Weight back up to last weeks - did not drink much water and way too much stress. So what can I do? Walk inside until air quality is down and drink that water.....

QOTD- With the food onslaught this week - what healthy things are you eating this week?

AOTD - Well, that may be hard to find....My lunch today/tomorrow is healthy and my snacks are my normal ones. Best thing I can do is ignore the stuff "waiting" to be had for the holiday weekend - and even then leave those in the freezer a little longer.

Wave to all who follow. Lurking from work
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    AOTD - I've made sugar free low carb coconut bon bons for Thanksgiving. I will be taking mozzarella meatloaf for me and probably cheesy cauliflower rice for my side.
  • hickchic67
    AOTW - My family. My home (no matter how torn up it is) Thankful for too many things to name them all!

AOTD - Portion control. Everything in moderation. Really keep within calorie counts (at least every day except Thanksgiving.)