At my half way mark with 40 pounds down

pw8u22tdi4pc.jpeg
cdgtj8fc45b5.jpeg

I’ve been over weight my whole life since 7 years old. I’m 21 now and finally losing the weight. I haven’t worked out yet but now that I’ve got a good portion of the weight off I am starting to lift weights. My diet is a casual vegan (I’ve been vegan for 3 years but just noticed weight loss changes in the past year) I used to have a severe binging disorder that I have overcame through intuitive eating.

Replies

• SpeeGirl
    SpeeGirl Posts: 2 Member
    You look great! This is inspirational for me because I have lost the same amount of weight and am also halfway to my starting goal. I am still heavier than your "before" picture, (trying to get back to pre-baby weight before setting a final goal) but seeing what a big change 40 pounds is for you is encouraging. Congratulations on overcoming your eating disorder! You're doing awesome!!
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,303 Member
    You look great, what an accomplishment!
  • ellechanning
    ellechanning Posts: 4 Member
    SpeeGirl wrote: »
    You look great! This is inspirational for me because I have lost the same amount of weight and am also halfway to my starting goal. I am still heavier than your "before" picture, (trying to get back to pre-baby weight before setting a final goal) but seeing what a big change 40 pounds is for you is encouraging. Congratulations on overcoming your eating disorder! You're doing awesome!!

Wow thank you so much! Keep up the hard work! And congrats on reaching your half way mark! We’re almost there!
  • AmyC2288
    AmyC2288 Posts: 386 Member
    Congrats- you look awesome! I have a very similar body type and my before looks identical to yours! I'm at -33lbs right now so it's nice to see what I may look like once I reach -40! Thanks for sharing!
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,535 Member
    Very noticeable, nice hard work. Keep it up.
  • christinedlg50
    christinedlg50 Posts: 138 Member
    Bravo!!! This is a huge accomplishment! You’re an inspiration! Keep it up! One day at a time! 🎉
  • Spadhnik
    Spadhnik Posts: 130 Member
    edited November 2018
    @ellechanning You look amazing. Your transformation is very inspiring.

What is Initiative Eating?
    I feel sudden increase in hunger as soon as I come home from office in the evening. Most of the time false alarm but I would eat a snack anyways....
  • maronesax1972
    maronesax1972 Posts: 272 Member
    pw8u22tdi4pc.jpeg
    cdgtj8fc45b5.jpeg

I’ve been over weight my whole life since 7 years old. I’m 21 now and finally losing the weight. I haven’t worked out yet but now that I’ve got a good portion of the weight off I am starting to lift weights. My diet is a casual vegan (I’ve been vegan for 3 years but just noticed weight loss changes in the past year) I used to have a severe binging disorder that I have overcame through intuitive eating.

• maronesax1972
    maronesax1972 Posts: 272 Member
    Wow! So awesome! Congratulations! All of that hard work, discipline is paying off and now it’s a lifestyle!
  • thesnackmonster
    thesnackmonster Posts: 78 Member
    Wow, well done. You look lovely in the black and white dress, you have a waist!
  • That's amazing! I hope I'll eventually have the same amount of success as you.
  • melto1989
    melto1989 Posts: 140 Member
    Looking good!
  • Aaron949
    Aaron949 Posts: 86 Member
    Great job! Kudos on the Atari shirt too!
  • ellechanning
    ellechanning Posts: 4 Member
    Spadhnik wrote: »

I feel sudden increase in hunger as soon as I come home from office in the evening. Most of the time false alarm but I would eat a snack anyways....

@Spadhnik

Intuitive eating is a life style change. It’s when you only eat when you’re hungry (so not when you’re bored or feel like you should cause it’s lunch time) and stop eating when you are full. It’s very simple and effective. I was a chronic over eater because it was on my plate so I thought I had to finish it. Maybe try drinking water right before you get off work. When you’re dehydrated your body sends hunger signals. Hope this helps!
  • maureenkhilde
    maureenkhilde Posts: 850 Member
    Great job, hard consistent work is showing.
  • Spadhnik
    Spadhnik Posts: 130 Member
    Spadhnik wrote: »

@Spadhnik

Intuitive eating is a life style change. It’s when you only eat when you’re hungry (so not when you’re bored or feel like you should cause it’s lunch time) and stop eating when you are full. It’s very simple and effective. I was a chronic over eater because it was on my plate so I thought I had to finish it. Maybe try drinking water right before you get off work. When you’re dehydrated your body sends hunger signals. Hope this helps!

Thanks @ellechanning I will try the water tip.
  • Oma827
    Oma827 Posts: 114 Member
    You look wonderful!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!