Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

$25,000 abs with no exercise

lorrpb
lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
This was in a health magazine in a medical clinic today. It must be true! $1000 per session,2x week for 6 months
yaze0avtxxuy.jpeg

Replies

• NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Think about this for just a second. 20,000 muscle contractions in your abs per second while you're trying to relax. That sounds horrible. Actually that sounds like being forced to exercise with no control over it.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    My sisters use to iron their long curly hair to make it straight.

They still have curly hair.
  • MsBaz2018
    MsBaz2018 Posts: 384 Member
    Packerjohn wrote: »
    sd93v08m6ya0.png

What he said
  • jillybeansalad
    jillybeansalad Posts: 239 Member
    The shakeweight is probably a better exercise than this.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,907 Member
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    Sad part is, there are desperate and gullible people out there who will fall for it.

The diet/fitness industry really is scummy for the most part.

More money than sense comes to mind...There is lot of extra money lying around these days. :lol:

• 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Sounds like it's being promoted through the same marketing as The infrared wrap which burns in excess of 1000 calories, so they claim, per hour.

It's the rage in Los Angeles. Their money, their time, their wastefulness. Their foolishness.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    edited November 2018
    Four sessions at $1000 a session is $4000. Still stupid as hell and zero chance of doing anything at all don't get me wrong, but not sure where 25k came from.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Aaron_K123 wrote: »
    Four sessions at $1000 a session is $4000. Still stupid as hell and zero chance of doing anything at all don't get me wrong, but not sure where 25k came from.

It says it could take upwards of 6 months to see results, so 2 sessions a week for 6 months.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    That sounds really unpleasant. Some people just have too much money if this is what they're spending it on lol...
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    edited November 2018
    hesn92 wrote: »
    Aaron_K123 wrote: »

It says it could take upwards of 6 months to see results, so 2 sessions a week for 6 months.

The duration of time to see results says nothing about the length of the treatment.

From the article starting with the last sentence of the first column:

"You do four 30 minute sessions for over two weeks". So four sessions total over two weeks....$1000 a session, that is $4000 total. They are just saying that it might take a month to 6 months later to actually see the results....probably to save themselves questions about why their customers don't actually see any results following the actual course of the treatment.

If it somehow was 2 sessions a week for 6 months that would be $54k not $25k anyways
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,816 Member

Without a doubt. And also like $24,995 cheaper.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    zyxst wrote: »

"She said 'I don't care, I'm still going to get my perm.'"

"I said it's not a perm it's a temporary."
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    zyxst wrote: »

"She said 'I don't care, I'm still going to get my perm.'"

"I said it's not a perm it's a temporary."

And that's why you sleep on the couch.

:)
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    MikePTY wrote: »

Without a doubt. And also like $24,995 cheaper.

Cheaper than that. Shakeweight available for $0.50 at local garage sales.