What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Focusing on muscles I feel like I'm neglecting today...

Calves
    Traps
    Core
    25min treadmill 5-6mph
  • Bulletzen72
    Bulletzen72 Posts: 90 Member
    edited November 2018
    Have a cold! :( Will walk to my work and home today (14k) and do some house cleaning. Then bed to get better!
  • A few weights at the gym and a spinning class
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,958 Member
    This afternoon is gonna be yoga, handstand training and weighted pull-ups...
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    edited November 2018
    Coached erging
    6x 9:00/2:00 rest

4min @ 22 s/m
    3min @ 20 s/m
    2 min @ 18 s/m

The focus for today was body positioning during the recovery
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member
    aokoye wrote: »
    Coached erging

4min @ 22 s/m
    3min @ 20 s/m
    2 min @ 18 s/m

Can't tell you how heart warming it is to see a nice, sensible, normal rowing workout here, instead of pretty much "30 minutes all out, damper on 10, monitor on calories" (the latter usually at some split the writer could beat pretty readily if they knew how to do workouts like the one you posted, with decent coaching). I maybe exaggerate, but only a little. ;)

Apologies for the digression from the thread.
  • JDMac82
    JDMac82 Posts: 3,192 Member
    Leg day, it is Hump Day After all!
  • aokoye
    edited November 2018
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    aokoye wrote: »
    Coached erging

4min @ 22 s/m
    3min @ 20 s/m
    2 min @ 18 s/m

Can't tell you how heart warming it is to see a nice, sensible, normal rowing workout here, instead of pretty much "30 minutes all out, damper on 10, monitor on calories" (the latter usually at some split the writer could beat pretty readily if they knew how to do workouts like the one you posted, with decent coaching). I maybe exaggerate, but only a little. ;)

Apologies for the digression from the thread.

I will always welcome your digressions into rowing - always :)

And no, you don't exaggerate - see people at the gym. I do calculate the calories I burned via the calculator on Concept2's website, but I never look at it while I'm on the erg and I care more about technique and pace more than anything.
    You will be even more pleased to know that I warmed up for 5 or 10 min with the damper at 1 and did the rest of it with the damper at 3 or 4. I also apparently did well in terms of body positioning. The coach had a notebook with everyone's name/initials on it and put notes for the first 4 intervals (a checkmark-100%, 1/5-50%, or 0). I got 4 checks, as did probably most people (I only scanned down the list so I could make sure that the checks were in fact a good thing).

The last 2 min were full pressure and I managed to be able to really focus on suspension during the last two minutes of the second, third, and 4th intervals especially. By the 6th one I could intellectually tell my body to push harder but it really wasn't happening.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Skated for the first time in 3 weeks. Felt good to finally be able to tolerate my boot in my ankle
  • rldeclercq4
    rldeclercq4 Posts: 269 Member
    After several challenging days of lifting and running I’m taking it easy on my body and will be hitting the pool after work. Probably about 2500 yards, maybe 3000 if I’m feeling perky. They’re letting us out of the office at 2pm for thanksgiving so I can still get in a good swim while it’s nice outside (ps I love living in San Diego because I can swim outside and then lay out in the sun even in late November).
  • Kenda2427
    Kenda2427 Posts: 1,592 Member
    This morning 20 min on treadmill for speed intervals and bench pressing
    Gym workout was cardio endurance:
    3000 m rower, 300 skips, 3000m skierg and 200 cals assault bike
  • 796fra
    796fra Posts: 45 Member
    Met a friend for coffee to go. Ended up walking and talking for 6.5 miles.

Then hit up Pilates class.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    30 min early morning sprint session with my PT and her giant resistance band
    45min legs bums and tums
    45min Zumba
  • Cutemesoon
    Cutemesoon Posts: 2,646 Member
    These 2 Hasfit workouts on youtube:

30 Minute Dumbbell Arm Workout for Women & Men at Home with Weights - Muscle Building Arms Exercises
    15 Minute Standing Abs Workout - 15 Min Abs & Standing Cardio - Standing Ab Workout for Women & Men
  • aokoye
    45ish min rowing on the water before switching into the launch
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Ran 5k thanksgiving run this morning
  • 796fra
    796fra Posts: 45 Member
    Local studio had a gratitude workout: 45 min barre, 30 min yoga.

Then 5K Turkey Trot.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member
    Rowing machine 4 x (2K on, 2' off) in two sessions = about 38' actual rowing not counting CD, trying to get it in efficiently while getting ready for Thanksgiving dinner/drive. Various tech focuses during pieces (heels down first, quick arms, . . . and a certain amount of "just get it done, already". Must be Holiday Challenge season, eh? ;) ).
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    An hour of interval training on an indoor bike trainer - I'm missing being able to ride outdoors. :(

topsoe3nlcl3.png
  • Onyx_MCG
    Onyx_MCG Posts: 40 Member
    Was my off day. Add me as a friend