Am i finally gaining weight? Need help pls

Options
preciousleks
preciousleks Posts: 213 Member
am 23 yrs, 5'8 tall and i weight 138lbs. I currently eat 2,200calories
Am on a weight gain journey.
recently i have started to feel weird, i don't know how to explain it but i feel pumped, or full. my face is feeling like i has been pumped, it is not showing but i just feel it.
my whole body is feeling different. I do butt exercises 5 days a week.
Does it look like am finally gaining weight?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    did you mean to post a picture?
  • preciousleks
    edited November 2018
    Options
    @TavistockToad didn't mean to, but here it is
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    the reason i asked is that i am not sure how anyone can judge whether it 'looks like' you are gaining weight without a picture?
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing yourself and seeing the weight go up consistently? That will be the best way to tell. I use a trend weight app and weigh daily and it really helps to tell me what is going on.. if I am gaining, maintaining, losing over time.
  • preciousleks
    Options
    @sardelsa I Weighed my self last month and I gained 1kg. What is the name of the app you are using? Why am I feeling like I have been pumped?
  • sardelsa
    Options
    The one I use is called Libra. Being pumped could be a number of things.. water retention due to exercise, sodium, hormones etc.
  • preciousleks
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    The one I use is called Libra. Being pumped could be a number of things.. water retention due to exercise, sodium, hormones etc.

Thank so much. Maybe it is water retention.
  • sardelsa
    Options

Could be. Also in addition to tracking weight, I would recommend taking measurements, photos, how your clothes are fitting and keeping track of your gym progress.
  • preciousleks
    Options

Could be. Also in addition to tracking weight, I would recommend taking measurements, photos, how your clothes are fitting and keeping track of your gym progress.

most of my clothes are now tighter. maybe am finally gaining the weight.
  • DawnOfTheDead_Lift
    DawnOfTheDead_Lift Posts: 753 Member
    Options

As an FYI if you are on an apple device, Libra is an Android app. On apple, Happy Scale is where its at.
  • funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    What is your goal weight?
  • preciousleks
    Options
    funjen1972 wrote: »

Current weight goal is 145lbs
    7lbs to go, really seeing results especially on my butt, lower clothes fitting tightly.
    Feeling good about myself.
    When I reach 145lbs, I will see what to do.
    what about you?
  • funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    funjen1972 wrote: »

Current weight goal is 145lbs
    7lbs to go, really seeing results especially on my butt, lower clothes fitting tightly.
    Feeling good about myself.
    When I reach 145lbs, I will see what to do.
    what about you?

I'm 5'6.5" and just got done with a cut. I'm at about 128 and feel great at this weight. Next step is a long recomp.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    Interesting that you decided to go for the weight gain. I remember a post you put up a while ago saying that people kept telling you you were too skinny and possibly 98% of the respondents told you (myself included) that you looked GREAT and most people would kill to look like you LOL!

Good luck!

And do this for yourself, not because people who are fatter than you are jealous of you physique...
  • preciousleks
    Options
    Cahgetsfit wrote: »
    Interesting that you decided to go for the weight gain. I remember a post you put up a while ago saying that people kept telling you you were too skinny and possibly 98% of the respondents told you (myself included) that you looked GREAT and most people would kill to look like you LOL!

Good luck!

And do this for yourself, not because people who are fatter than you are jealous of you physique...

That is true. I just want to work on my butt and feel good.