Quadruple bypass surgey

I just completed quadruple bypass sutgery for 2 100 percent and 2 90 percent clogged arteries. I was 6 ft 5 294lbs. Now I am 273lbs and would like to get down to 220. I ate like a garbage truck snd never paid attention to diet. This app is helping me select better choices. I dont want another heart attack and I sm motivated by the prospect of death. I hope I can feel confident about life again.

Replies

• cruzn27
    cruzn27 Posts: 4 Member
    Hi my mother died this pass July of Congestive heart failure. I had Gastric Sleeve surgery 2013 have regained 50. High blood pressure runs in my family after her death I decided I must do better. I’ve found since Oct that dancing helps no partner dn loaded favorite songs and just move to the music has really helped me and eating meals from a saucer not a large plate, I wish you many blessings dropping weight is so hard one day you’re up next day the weights down. No one knows better than myself how hard this is but let’s just keep putting one foot ahead of the other and don’t get on the scale daily it’s so depressing.
  • MusterQ
    MusterQ Posts: 5 Member
    quadruple huh ? you've been a busy man! ;)

yeah! i know the feeling, lucky me I had stents, didnt need bypass. My advices are as follow, it's what I do and I'm doing great considering I had a hart attack less than a year ago

1. follow whatever the doc says
    2. when you start feeling better, keep following whatever the doc says
    3. do exercise regularly, if you have to change other things in your life to fit your new routine, do it. being healthy and in shape is priority #1 now.
    4. eat well, eat well at all time.

whenever you feel like quitting or think you just can't do it, just remember your old habits were about to kill you, and that will happen if you get back to those unhealthy habits.

anyway! you do this mate!
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Wow those arteries were crazy clogged. Glad you made it through thet ok. Get out there and exercise and get the next phase done. You can totally do this
  • eelgnoy
    eelgnoy Posts: 3 Member
    I had stents inserted last year, and at 47, was the youngest patient during cardio rehab. Considering that I’ve not suffered disability afterwards, I consider this a serious wake up call. When I run, I sometimes look down at my legs pumping and am so thankful that I have a second chance. Good luck! You can do this!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    That'll get your attention. Walking is best. Walk a lot. Walk briskly. Walk often.
    Then run. Jog. 5K. Half-marathon. Then marathon.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    eelgnoy wrote: »
    I had stents inserted last year, and at 47, was the youngest patient during cardio rehab. Considering that I’ve not suffered disability afterwards, I consider this a serious wake up call. When I run, I sometimes look down at my legs pumping and am so thankful that I have a second chance. Good luck! You can do this!

My 46 year old son had a heart attack last March while he was ice climbing in the backcountry in Wyoming. He had to rappel off two pitches and hike out to his truck. He was 5 hours getting to the ER. The cause was a blood clot, not plaque buildup so no bypasses. They thought he had extensive damage to his heart, but when he had his 6 month evaluation his stress echocardiogram showed no damage. He is so lucky and has taken many steps to make sure he doesn't have a repeat. You are fortunate to get a second chance as well. It sounds like you are serious about your health and I wish you the best of luck.