I have a question..

This question is for people that have literally gained muscle mass and gained more muscle in their glutes. When building muscle do your glutes feel hard as a rock? I’ve been seeing transformations but tbh some glutes super hard. I wanna transform my glutes but I wouldn’t really want them super HARD, like to the point where they don’t jiggle at all. That’s just unattractive in my personal opinion.

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Mine are only hard when I flex. It really depends how you carry your weight, I carry fat over my glutes so I have muscle covered by some fat which is fairly typical unless you get down to ultra low bodyfat levels. If you feel your glutes are too muscular and you want more bodyfat you can always gain some weight until you are happy with your bodyfat levels.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    How hard your muscles feel is determined by how much body fat you have covering them. Muscle is muscle, there’s no such thing as building hard vs. soft muscle.
  • JanetReyna
    JanetReyna Posts: 291 Member
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Mine are only hard when I flex. It really depends how you carry your weight, I carry fat over my glutes so I have muscle covered by some fat which is fairly typical unless you get down to ultra low bodyfat levels. If you feel your glutes are too muscular and you want more bodyfat you can always gain some weight until you are happy with your bodyfat levels.

Right now I have a sufficient amount of fat, but since I’m trying to lose weight I’m scared of losing my fat and making my glutes hard as fck lol.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Jarettzy18 wrote: »
    sardelsa wrote: »

Right now I have a sufficient amount of fat, but since I’m trying to lose weight I’m scared of losing my fat and making my glutes hard as fck lol.

Well if you don't work your glutes in a deficit you could end up with soft flat ones. Been there done that, would not recommend.
  • Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    Women tend to have a hard time losing in the lower half. Rock hard glutes aren’t easily attainable. Look at girls like Lauren Simpson, she’s transformed her body, but she’s on a extreme training routine to get that physique.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    My glutes are pretty much like implants. Solid and round but will bounce when I walk. I respond well to my programming and dosage of stimulas from deadlifts and squats while eating optimal amount of protien containing leucine.

Unless you are well trained and have extreme low body fat and/or on anabolic steroids, your not going to walk around with rock hard glutes by your definition.