What do you drink?

dawnb13
dawnb13 Posts: 4 Member
Other than just water. I have cut out carbonated drinks and have been drinking juices and sweet tea. Of coarse this all has too much sugar. I drink constantly throughout the day. I figured I would allow myself something to drink at meal time other than water but any healthier suggestions?

Replies

• Copper_Boom
    Copper_Boom Posts: 85 Member
    edited November 2018
    I like water flavored with lemon slices or cucumber. I enjoy the zero calorie Kool Aid flavoring also.
  • kemoon0915
    kemoon0915 Posts: 113 Member
    A bunch of different hot teas with splenda, 0 calorie sweetened sparkling water, I like lemon juice and ginger powder in my water (or fresh ginger if I happen to have it), and Coke Zero or Diet Dr. Pepper. To get used to Splenda I would do a mixture of it and sugar gradually using less and less sugar until it was just splenda.
  • OHFlamingo
    OHFlamingo Posts: 239 Member
    I just make herbal and green iced teas; I started using a little Stevia, but now I don't even use that. I haven't gotten tired of the teas because I use many varieties. (I used to love to drink Sweet Tea!) And, of course, hot tea with breakfast or if I am chilly!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Water
    Flavored water
    Cold tea bags in water
  • thiosulfate
    thiosulfate Posts: 262 Member
    On the regular, I drink water and diet pepsi. Every few months/weeks maybe I'll have a drink from Starbucks or a smoothie but I don't really consider those "drinks" more so as meals or snacks.
  • AlyssaPetsDogs
    AlyssaPetsDogs Posts: 421 Member
    I don’t love sweet so I do a lot of unsweetened green iced tea! Club soda with lime or other sparkling water is good too! I’m picky because I dislike some sparkling waters and find them to be bland. I like the ice mountain brand and the kind at Woodmans!

I also like making fruit infused water (like strawberry infused). Not sure how to calculate calories in that but I love it!
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Crystal Light drink mixes are very low in calories and they make numerous flavors - easy to find something you like.
    I usually mix it with double the recommended water - it's still fairly sweet at that concentration.

The Mio water enhancers are also good for flavoring water and it's easy to add to a tumbler or water bottle on the run. Some of the have added caffeine and B vitamins.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    I normally drink water - still or sparkling, rarely flavored (and it is flavored it's with elderberry syrup or raspberry syrup). I also drink tea and coffee fairly frequently. Most of the time I drink my coffee black when I'm in the US, but that's assuming it's really good coffee.
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    dawnb13 wrote: »
    Other than just water. I have cut out carbonated drinks and have been drinking juices and sweet tea. Of coarse this all has too much sugar. I drink constantly throughout the day. I figured I would allow myself something to drink at meal time other than water but any healthier suggestions? What do you drink?

Primarily water (oftentimes unflavoured, sometimes with basil or cucumber) loaded with ice conscious of the high altitude + desert climes. Now that it's cold, at some point in my day, I'll enjoy herbal teas unsweetened - eg orange spiced chai or ginger or hibiscus or vanilla chai or hot cocoa ... My standby beverages always are - coconut water and cranberry even homemade lassi. Presently, I'm craving Martinelli's sparkling ciders.
  • CentaurusSoter
    CentaurusSoter Posts: 433 Member
    If I need something with flavor, Mio is my goto, or the aldi brand. Generally it's something with Sucralose or a standard Perrier carbonated water.
  • swirlybee
    swirlybee Posts: 497 Member
    I usually drink regular green tea in the morning and then diet coke the rest of the day. Every once in a while I'll get a matcha latte.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited November 2018
    Water (usually still, occasionally bubbly)
    Coffee (black, hot or cold)
    Tea (nothing added)
    Homemade iced tea -- I make it and chill it, don't add sugar. I'm a northerner who never got the sweet tea thing.

On occasion, diet soda or the like (a flavored water or diet ginger ale).

I typically won't drink anything (other than an occasional breakfast smoothie) with meaningful calories.
  • hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    Tap water, diet soda, little packs of zero calorie flavors or mio, herbal tea
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Coffee with milk and sugar, water, and diet dr pepper.
  • geekyfella
    geekyfella Posts: 38 Member
    Over the last year, I’ve managed to completely cut out sugary fizzy drinks. I used to down energy drinks like there was no tomorrow. That and full fat coke. Now, it’s mainly water, the odd black coffee and Diet Coke (I love the Mango one). It’s evenings where it all goes wrong when I crave gin and wine. 🙈
  • ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    mostly water, black coffee - hot or iced, semi sweet tea, whole milk, & sometimes a real coca cola - with calories
  • geekyfella
    geekyfella Posts: 38 Member
    edited November 2018
    ecjim wrote: »
    mostly water, black coffee - hot or iced, semi sweet tea, whole milk, & sometimes a real coca cola - with calories

Last time I tried a real coke, I just couldn’t cope with the sugary taste. It really turned me off. Funny how tastes change...
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Water, tea (unsweetened or with splenda), coke zero, diet mt. Dew, coffee.
  • rhondastypa
    rhondastypa Posts: 3 Member
    dawnb13 wrote: »
    Other than just water. I have cut out carbonated drinks and have been drinking juices and sweet tea. Of coarse this all has too much sugar. I drink constantly throughout the day. I figured I would allow myself something to drink at meal time other than water but any healthier suggestions?

Water, tea (2/3 cup of sugar to 1 gallon) , Ensure lite (70 calorie) for snacks
  • rhondastypa
    rhondastypa Posts: 3 Member
    Water, tea (2/3 cup of sugar to 1 gallon) , Ensure lite (70 calorie) for snacks