Accurate bathroom scale?

Searched but couldn't find.

Who makes an accurate bathroom scale? Preferably one that isn't too expensive.

I've read several reviews, but it seems everything is questionable...

Replies

• Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    I have a weight watchers scale. I just picked one that was a decent price. It matches up with when I get weighed at the doctor and the gym so I figure it’s accurate enough.
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    I have Fitbit Aria scales. I bought them because they're wifi connected and gave all these extra measurements (BMI, Fat %, etc) but they haven't been connected to the wifi in years and I stopped looking at all the other metrics soon after I started using it. So all those extras turned out to be kind of a waste of money.

That said they seem quite accurate as long as they're not moved and the batteries are charged. I noticed the last few days that the readings I was getting were very inconsistent and didn't seem quite right. I'd step on and the readout would say 122.8kg step on again and it would say 121.1kg, step on a third time and it would say 121.9kg.

Turns out that low batteries seems to cause the scales to be inconsistent and slightly over-report. With fresh batteries and a quick calibration I got a 120.5kg readings 3 times in a row.
  • thiosulfate
    thiosulfate Posts: 262 Member
    edited November 2018
    I just searched on Amazon for a scale, picked one within my price limit ($20) that had good reviews. I don't really care if my home scale is extremely scale (a difference of 5-10 pounds from the true value is fine) but it is really important to me that my scale is precise.
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    I have a Weight Watchers scale and it weighs me almost identical to the scales at the doctor's office. They cost $20 at Amazon.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    rjlh6cvmbd9t.jpg

This is what I use. The brand is Taylor.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I also have the digital WW scale. Got it at Walmart, around $20-30.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    I had a Fitbit Aria and I liked it ok except you couldn’t move it or your weight would be off.

It died and I bought a weight guru at Target. It seems to work ok for the price.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited November 2018
    I have an earlier model of the Taylor pictured above. It's dead accurate with my doctor's offices. Our master bath is tiny and I have to store the scale in our closet and move it to weigh myself and it still weighs accurately.