What We're Eating

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    edited November 2018
    Breakfast: peach Greek yogurt & black coffee
    Lunch: something a local Chinese place does called "tangy treasure", I have no idea if it's common or not...sweet spicy sauce over chicken, beef & shrimp with vegetables. I'll skip the rice but have a crab rangoon with it.
    Dinner: pumpkin coconut curry sauce over squash and chickpeas, again skipping the rice. A Forelle pear.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    edited November 2018
    Breakfast: cup of coffee with 1 tablespoon of Almond Joy and 1/2 tablespoon of Reese's Cup coffee cream

Lunch: Avocado Caesar Salad, left over smothered pork chop, rice & gravy and sauteed spinach-- water to drink

Dinner: Big giant sized, super thinly sliced and lightly but thoroughly cooked and loaded with brisket corned beef (at least 4-5 oz) and mixed with brisket pastrami (maybe 2 oz or so) sandwich on New York rye with lots of mustard, plain potato chips, 1/2 deli dill pickle, water to drink

Dessert: a cup or so of real mint chocolate chip ice cream (an hour or so after dinner) and maybe a pomegranate later on tonight

• NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Breakfast: cup of coffee with 1 tablespoon of Almond Joy and 1/2 tablespoon of Reese's Cup coffee cream

Lunch: Avocalado shake: (whole avocado, big hand full of baby spinach, big hand full of kale, coconut water, coconut juice, lime juice, pomegranate juice, coconut oil, frozen mangoes, frozen pineapples, frozen blueberries, ice

Dinner: Avocado Caesar salad, bowl of super thick and hearty chicken and seafood chowder (loaded with all kinds of stuff, including okra, so it tastes like a combo of gumbo and chicken and dumplings--YUM! On the side, roasted multi-colored carrots, brussel sprouts, and brocolini. Water to drink

Dessert: an unripe banana (a banana with a little green on it) a few pieces of Laura's Healthy junkfood (Oatmeal Chocolate chip)

• NewLIFEstyle4ME

Lunch: skipping

Dinner: Thai food: 1/2 crab and shrimp spring roll, spicy beef ka pow, Thai pineapple and shrimp fried rice, tempura veggies, noodle dish called Bami Pu Ket (made with shrimp, chicken and beef) Glass of Thai ice tea (easy ice/wee bit of ice), Thai ice cream for dessert (combo of green tea, Lychee, mango and coconut). They never allow people to get a combo of all of the ice creams for one price, but God gives us favor with them and they do it for us--YAY and YUM!!!

Late night snack: A pomegranate or a bowl of red/black/green grapes
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Today should be pretty good, I think.

Breakfast: I was ravenous at 3:00AM so I had a couple sweet potato rounds topped with celery/pecan/goat cheese salad (Thanksgiving leftovers); had a cranberry bagel with cream cheese, half a cup of Greek yogurt, and at 7:00AM.

Lunch: giant bowl of steamed purple cauliflower, probably another sweet potato round, maybe some leftover stuffing.

Dinner: I think I'll make a simple turkey-and-potato chowder (from Thanksgiving leftovers, again, some more), maybe toss in some green beans or spinach too.

Snacks: crackers or baguette rounds with fancy cheese, cherry tomatoes, baby carrots.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    edited November 2018
    Breakfast: 2 link sausages, 4 pieces of bacon, 2 eggs over medium hard, toast w/butter and lingonberry spread,
    grits w/butter--2 cups of milky oolong tea to drink

Lunch: left over Thai food: spicy beef ka pow, Thai pineapple and shrimp fried rice, Bami Pu Ket (made with shrimp, chicken and beef) water to drink

Dinner: Caesar avocado salad, trout almondine, spiced up jasmine rice, broccolini and sauteed spinach water to drink

After dinner (a couple of hours or so) dessert: an honey crisp or gala apple, string cheese and maybe a bit of chocolate ice cream
  • seltzermint555
    Breakfast: 2 boiled eggs, a whole orange, black coffee
    Lunch: homemade tuna melt with celery, onion & Worcestershire sauce, oven baked sweet potato "fries" (1/2 sweet potato serving), Earl Grey tea and a packet of bite-size M&Ms cookies
    Dinner: pumpkin curry with coconut milk, chickpeas & yellow squash over brown rice
  • happytree923
    happytree923 Posts: 463 Member
    Trying so hard to kill Thanksgiving leftovers.

Breakfast- 1 egg scrambled with 1/4 c homemade stuffing, 1 oz turkey, 2 tb milk and 2 tb shredded cheese, a little mashed potato on the side, coffee

Lunch- quesadilla made with 2 wheat tortillas, 1/4 c reduced fat cheddar, 2 oz turkey, about 2 oz of leftover brussel sprouts (made with pancetta and balsamic vinegar, so delicious and I'm sad they're gone), some chopped up pickled jalapeno

Dinner- making a lemon soup with turkey stock, leeks, leftover turkey, black rice, parsley, and egg yolks. Pomegranate diet hansen
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    edited November 2018
    Chilli with brown rice topped with cashew sour cream
    A couple cupcakes (cherry vanilla, and double vanilla).
    Quinoa and kale salad with bits of apple and pomegranate. 3 Gardein chipotle lime chick'n fingers
    Roasted potatoes wedges, green beans, Gardein stuffed turk'y, and mushroom gravy.

Maybe some roasted chestnuts later on.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Breakfast: 2 cups of milky oolong tea

Lunch: 2 cups of yamoto roasted green tea

Dinner: Mexican Food: chips and salsa, cheese enchiladas with avocado and salsa on top, Mexican rice and beans, plantains with lots of sour cream, large non-alcohol strawberry and mango margarita

After dinner dessert (about a couple of hours or so after dinner) Large pomegranate and a cup of real chocolate ice cream.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Breakfast: toast with some sliced boiled egg and a sprinkle of salt, coffee
    Lunch: Chicken, brown rice, broccoli
    Dinner: Lentil soup made with the Thanksgiving ham bone.

Snacks will be some fruit (I think I have a pear and some apples) and probably a Cup A Soup. After dinner if I have the cals I might have some crackers and a little cheese.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Quinoa and kale salad with bits of apple and pomegranate. 3 Gardein chipotle lime chick'n fingers
    Roasted potatoes wedges, green beans, Gardein stuffed turk'y, and mushroom gravy.

cashew sour cream? That sound mega yummy...gonna have to find some and try it, FOR SURE!

• Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Breakfast - toasted bagel thin with Nutella, sliced up banana sprinkled with mini semi-sweet chocolate chips (looks I was really wanting chocolate this morning)

Lunch - sandwich with turkey fresh sliced from the deli and fresh sliced American cheese on honey wheat bread, two fresh mandarin oranges

Dinner - grilled chicken and steamed veggies (probably broccoli)

Snacks - not sure yet but I'm thinking popcorn...
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member

cashew sour cream? That sound mega yummy...gonna have to find some and try it, FOR SURE!

I got that meal from a restaurant. Have personally never seen cashew sour cream in stores; looks like it's not too difficult to make, though.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    edited November 2018

I got that meal from a restaurant. Have personally never seen cashew sour cream in stores; looks like it's not too difficult to make, though.

Thanks for letting me know. I just looked it up and found this:

The Best Vegan Sour Cream
    1 cup raw cashews, soaked.
    1/4 cup raw slivered almonds.
    1/4 cup lemon juice, about 2 small lemons.
    1/2 cup water.
    1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar.
    1 tablespoon nutritional yeast.
    1 teaspoon himalayan sea salt.

https://thewholeserving.com/wp/the-best-vegan-sour-cream/

I looked for packaged cashew sour cream, but couldn't find any. This recipe (the link will give your directions on how to prepare it). looks and sounds easy and the YUM!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    edited November 2018

It's probably homemade -- here is a recipe that I've made and enjoyed: https://simple-veganista.com/2014/02/basic-cashew-sour-crea.html

Edit: Never mind, you already found a recipe!
  • seltzermint555
    Breakfast: oatmeal with peanut butter and grape jelly mixed in, black coffee
    Lunch: salt & pepper tofu with cabbage, kale & broccoli and a fortune cookie
    Dinner: chicken fried steak with cream gravy, side salad no dressing and green beans (weird comfort food dinner tonight with extended family but I'll make it work, and a little extra exercise to offset this)
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    Breakfast: 2 slices of Fit & Active wheat bread with peanut butter
    Lunch: homemade Italian Wedding soup
    Dinner: Kielbasa & roasted red skin potatoes
    After dinner snack: TBD, I'm thinking maybe some mini pretzels & hummus
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    edited November 2018
    Breakfast: 20g store granola, 80g raw rolled oats, 2 tbs walnuts, 3 strawberries, .4 banana, 1% milk 350 cal
    Lunch: leftover turkey with 2oz gravy 249 calories
    Dinner: 1.5 cups thin spaghetti, 4 shallots sauteed in 1 tbs butter, 1 tbs heavy cream 4oz lobster claws. 677 calories.
    Snacks 92 cal
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Breakfast - zoats with cheddar, salt, and pepper

Lunch - Amy's Organic tortilla casserole and black beans, two fresh mandarin oranges

Dinner - chicken tacos

Snacks - not sure yet