Is there a way to easily search recipes I've added myself?

mwbirren
mwbirren Posts: 14 Member
I've added several pages of recipes, but it has become difficult to search for them (scrolling page after page). Would be nice if MFP provided the option of searching my own recipes rather than keying in the search and seeing everything in the public database.
Thoughts?

Replies

• SouthernArt77
    SouthernArt77 Posts: 265 Member
    If you use the app, you can search your recipes in it.
  • Jessie24330
    Jessie24330 Posts: 224 Member
    I second the app. It has saved my sanity, especially with "recent foods".
  • mwbirren
    If you use the app, you can search your recipes in it.

• mwbirren
    edited January 2018
    when you say "use the app", do you mean use the My Fitness Pal app on my smartphone (vs. logging meals on my pc)?

Ah, yes, searching using the smartphone app, much better. Thx
  • Trushkuff
    Trushkuff Posts: 7 Member
    Searching in the app on your phone/tablet only pulls up a certain, recent timeframe. They are not all available in doing this. I have 35 pages worth to sort through on my computer to find one. PLEASE add this feature, MFP!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,594 Member
    You can order your recipes alphabetically instead of by chronology. Top right hand corner button.
  • joinn68
    joinn68 Posts: 480 Member
    edited November 2018
    mwbirren wrote: »
    I've added several pages of recipes, but it has become difficult to search for them (scrolling page after page). Would be nice if MFP provided the option of searching my own recipes rather than keying in the search and seeing everything in the public database.
    Thoughts?

Your recipes don't appear in the Recipe tab? Either on PC or smartphone app? :/ETA: Yeah I checked and on PC it's just a long list of your own recipes. I use the app most of the time so I didn't realize.

App is easier.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,594 Member
    When you add food to your food diary in the PC and then click the recipe tab, on the top right hand corner you either order by name (alphabetical) or default (chronological). For the app it is always default (chronological) which is indeed a pain.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,961 Member
    acpgee wrote: »
    When you add food to your food diary in the PC and then click the recipe tab, on the top right hand corner you either order by name (alphabetical) or default (chronological). For the app it is always default (chronological) which is indeed a pain.

But if you click on recipes while on search mode and start typing the recipe name, it finds it for you automatically. Much easier than the website.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited November 2018
    The app works so much better. You can search recipes in the app, and i also really like how when you start typing a food in, it will bring up items that match your text string that you've already logged, rather than having to sift through a bunch of different user-entered entries again.