sooooo...

Today I ended up going to Applebee's and being very baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad:devil:

...and the funny thing is I'm still okay with the decision I made to order that bacon cheeseburger, eat some mozzerlla sticks, and take a few bites of that cheese cake. (best not to think about how many calories :sick: ) I've worked really hard these past 4 weeks and actually lost weight. I dunno, I feel like I needed a special day that comes guilt free as well.:drinker: Its okay to treat yourself right?

Time ta get my behind back in shape tomorrow , I still got pounds ta lose :smile:

I dunno felt like putting that out there because two weeks ago I put myself through a guilt trip for going out to dinner on my b-day. Thanks for reading this if ya do :blushing:

Replies

• TheNettis
    TheNettis Posts: 22 Member
    Today I ended up going to Applebee's and being very baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad:devil:

...and the funny thing is I'm still okay with the decision I made to order that bacon cheeseburger, eat some mozzerlla sticks, and take a few bites of that cheese cake. (best not to think about how many calories :sick: ) I've worked really hard these past 4 weeks and actually lost weight. I dunno, I feel like I needed a special day that comes guilt free as well.:drinker: Its okay to treat yourself right?

Time ta get my behind back in shape tomorrow , I still got pounds ta lose :smile:

I dunno felt like putting that out there because two weeks ago I put myself through a guilt trip for going out to dinner on my b-day. Thanks for reading this if ya do :blushing:
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Gald you enjoyed your meal. Good for you for not feeling guilty you deserve a special day once in a while:drinker:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Good for you.:drinker: We all have to enjoy here and there. The key is just get back on track. I am glad you enjoyed it. It sounds wonderful.. I love Applebees:heart:
  • EVERYBIDY Deserves a cheat day!!!! yesterday I went out with my husband and his grandparents and ate TONS od Mexican food...Then I went to the gym and burned about 500 off...but...I needed the break...it had been TWO WEEKS!!!!:glasses:
  • The only thing that would be bad is if you felt so guilty that you decided I've screwed up and I give up. Our brains are amazing things. When we are trying to do something like this our brain will attempt to sabotage our efforts, expect it. For me the key is to keep eating foods I like that are reasonable and healthy. Since I'm just starting this time with a bit more seriousness I'll let you know how I do after 4 weeks. Mwuahahaha.

Tim
  • TheNettis
    thanks guys for leaving comments. I almost feel funny for feeling proud of myself for not feeling guilty. :laugh:
    Because of today I feel extra ready to eat my allowed amount of calories tomorrow. I got a positive boost from doing this, I know I can't eat like this everyday, its just only on special days. Thats what makes it special.

thanks again:flowerforyou:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,937 Member
    TheNettis,

Sometimes I do that for two whole days, usually the weekend: sometimes with no exercise. And then go back to the routine. I think it's not only good for you, but can get your body into a different level. I haven't quite figured it out, and I'm by no means an expert, but I feel stronger when I take a couple days off exercise, and energized by having a new focus.

Oddly, I still lose the same amount of weight. There is some lesson there, I just don't know yet what it is. I have switched up my routine every couple days for the last five weeks. I thinks that's good, too.

Good for you! Enjoy food - we need it to live!

Cheryl
  • rem1979
    rem1979 Posts: 344 Member
    Sometimes I have a treat but I don't go overboard. If I am thinking while I am eating something that "I really shouldn't be eating this" then stop and put the burger down.

Applebees' has a lot of good food on their Weight Watchers menu so try those. I have eaten a couple times off the WW menu and was very surprised that the flavors were awesome and it filled me up.
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    There is definitely something to be said for giving the old metabolism a boost. The danger is in making this the new "normal" way of eating. A cheat day once in a while is important (my opinion), as long as it doesn't turn into a lifetime..

And feeling good about yourself is never a bad thing..

WTG...
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Good for you!!! Today I went to Joe's Crab Shack with my husband and son and had the shrip trio!!!!! OMG lots of fried shrimp....it was delicious though, I normally don't eat fried foods. Oh, and I did not have an alcoholic drink nor a soda, just water. THEN, my husband of course wanted dessert!!!!! He is such a BAD INFLUENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We ordered the mini cheesecake sampler but I only had three bites, one of each cheesecake and let them devour the rest!!! :laugh: The problem is that yesterday I had one too many drinks and a lot of BBQ meat and more food...and my husband is off tomorrow and he is already thinking where we are going for lunch tomorrow since my son will be in school....how do you guys deal with that special someone who is THE CULPRIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :devil:
  • TheNettis
    alf,

ya know my boyfriend is the exact same way. He always wants ta eat out but isn't overweight and doesn't have any chunk :grumble: Actually he really doesn't like the idea of me being on a diet because he thinks i'm fine the way I am.(he doesn't know I'm doing this)

But anyway I'm going to see him this weekend and I'm in the same boat as you! My plan is to tell him I'm not that hungry lol.
  • Keep at it! It's actually good to give our bodies a break from dieting now and then. If you are doing this for life, you can't tell yourself that you're NEVER allowed those kind of foods ever again, no one can maintain that!! Occasional treats are ok, if not a good idea!!