Psoriatic Arthritis

I have this autoimmune for about 10 years. Looking for friends to stay motivated and encourage to fight.

Replies

• beepbeeprobot
    beepbeeprobot Posts: 3 Member
    I don't have the arthritis, fortunately, but I've got a double-whammy case of psoriasis (from both sides of my family). Autoimmunity!
  • CF4L
    CF4L Posts: 58 Member
    I have psoriatic arthritis so I am right there with you
  • MELinTexas2018
    MELinTexas2018 Posts: 23 Member
    i have PSA, HLAB27 and plenty of other fun autoimmune diseases and anomalies! feel free to add me if you wish. i'm not into exercise just yet, i just started on Xeljanz and until that kicks-in, i really don't have the energy or stamina. have 70+ lbs to lose.
  • GROMstrong
    GROMstrong Posts: 59 Member
    Psoriasis sucks
  • Jessica68
    Jessica68 Posts: 2,419 Member
    Gromstrong, what kind of exercises are you doing? I was diagnosed last November with PSA but I’m not doing any exercises yet. Still trying to walk pain free! Hopefully my new biologic does the trick. And you, any exercise routines?
  • GROMstrong
    My right foot is so inflamed, I can't walk. Hopefully, goes away in few days. Icing and advil. Any advice to contol pain ?
  • agbmom556
    agbmom556 Posts: 694 Member
    I also have psoriatic arthritis for over 3 years. I take meloxicam to lower inflammation.
    @GROMstrong will elevating your foot help?
  • msbridgetteanne
    msbridgetteanne Posts: 37 Member
    I have psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis. Been taking methotrexate for about a year and a half. It helped the inflammation I had in one of my toes and seemed to be helping my plaques for a while, but now the plaques are returning. :( Fortunately still no inflammation, though. /fingers crossed
  • GROMstrong
    My doctor prescribed me today meloxicam hope this helps the inflammation and pain. Been hurting for over a month. Need to get better to go back to the gym.
  • GROMstrong
    Wow, I had the worst night because of PA. Did not sleep much becuse if the pain from my ankle, feels like lighting shooting through my body. Any ideas to deal through this ?
  • GROMstrong
    Ankle still swollen, still preventing my gym time..Getting frustrated.
  • GROMstrong
    Still have pain in my feet everyday. This is unbelievable.
  • GROMstrong
    Pain not going, still cant hit the gym..I have to concentrate on diet.
  • GROMstrong
    How do you fight Psoriatic Arthritis ?
  • IndigoWest
    IndigoWest Posts: 118 Member
    I eat a low-fodmap diet that helps ease symptoms. Also magnesium baths and regular self-massage using organic olive oil with arnica essential oil eases pain, and rest, plenty of it.

Bread and grains flare things up but consuming good fats helps.

Sorry you are in so much pain, I know how you feel but movement helps as crazy and counter-intuitive as it sounds. Yoga always makes me feel great.

Wishing you luck.
  • IndigoWest
    IndigoWest Posts: 118 Member
    GROMstrong wrote: »
    Still have pain in my feet everyday. This is unbelievable.

Maybe get an Xray - It might be a bone spur as well a PA.
    I had excruciating back pain and it came to light it wasn't just my PA.
    I know we are all different but it can't hurt to eliminate others sources of discomfort.

Hugs.
  • invaderbree
    invaderbree Posts: 27 Member
    I have it too! Diagnosed at 10 yrs old. Actually just had a total wrist fusion surgery on the 31st. Feel free to add me!
  • GROMstrong
    Psoriatic Arthritis, is beating me down. Skin and now joint problems. Hopefully I will be taking Cosentyx soon.
  • GROMstrong
    First day of Cosentyx. Hope this will help, so i can get back in shape.
  • shrinkidinked
    shrinkidinked Posts: 4 Member
    I was just diagnosed with Psa. I was supposed to start Methotrexate a few weeks ago but after reading up on it, I’m afraid to put in my body. I’m hoping a more natural approach will help. How’s your new med working out?