What We're Eating

Replies

• happytree923
    happytree923 Posts: 463 Member
    Breakfast- egg scrambled with leftover stuffing, leftover turkey, cheese, and milk, coffee
    Lunch- Wild rice salad made with black rice, celery, mushrooms, leftover turkey, pomegranate seeds, homemade vinaigrette
    Dinner- lemon soup made with leftover turkey, black rice, leeks, parsley, egg yolks
    Snack- probably a little leftover mashed potato and gravy with more leftover turkey after I go to the gym, maybe some hot chocolate this evening
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    avskk wrote: »
    I quit smoking (like, JUST quit smoking -- not even sure if it'll stick yet) and I fully admit I've been using food to cope, which I know isn't great. I had pizza for breakfast and I strongly suspect I'll have McDonald's for lunch. I'm planning a light dinner of bread, nice cheese, and lots of raw vegetables, so I can nibble all evening but not do too much damage. I overate yesterday for the first time in a year or so and I feel bad about it, even though I know this is a temporary phase and quitting smoking is important. Basically, what I'm eating is Everything, currently, and I have feelz about it.

Good luck with quitting! I went through it myself a few years ago.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    cup of coffee with 1 tablespoon of Almond Joy and 1/2 tablespoon of Reese's Cup coffee cream, 2 egg omelet with sausage, mozzarella cheese, lots of raw thin chopped onion, spinach and mushrooms, red bell pepper. side of 3 pieces of bacon, buttered raisin toast, side bowl of strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, chunks of cantaloupe, honeydew melon, and watermelon. Water to drink

Lunch: 2 cups of milky oolong tea

Dinner: Avocado Caesar salad, Spaghetti (made with thin spaghetti noodles, sauteed bell pepper, onion, and lots of garlic, seasoned Italian sausage (loaded with various kinds of Italian seasoning--again, a lot of it), onion and garlic powder, herbs de provenance, paprika, lots of turmeric and black pepper, and other herbs and spices) Vodka sauce mixed with garden vegetable spaghetti sauce) shredded mozerella, jack and cheddar cheese on top.
    water to drink

Dessert (or late night snack): a big honey crisp apple or a pomegranate
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Chilli with brown rice topped with cashew sour cream
    A couple cupcakes (cherry vanilla, and double vanilla).
    Quinoa and kale salad with bits of apple and pomegranate. 3 Gardein chipotle lime chick'n fingers
    Roasted potatoes wedges, green beans, Gardein stuffed turk'y, and mushroom gravy.

Maybe some roasted chestnuts later on.

cashew sour cream? That sound mega yummy...gonna have to find some and try it, FOR SURE!

It's probably homemade -- here is a recipe that I've made and enjoyed: https://simple-veganista.com/2014/02/basic-cashew-sour-crea.html

Edit: Never mind, you already found a recipe!

BOOM! You super rock for posting this tried recipe. Sounds super yummy and I can hardly wait to try it! Thanks so much for your reply!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Breakfast: 1 freezer waffle with blueberry pomegranate jam, vegetarian sausage patty, coffee
    Lunch: egg salad sandwich, cucumber slices, curried carrot salad with raisins
    Dinner: homemade tamale casserole (masa, black beans, tomatoes, onions, peppers & cheese) and 3 oz. lemon noosa yogurt.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Breakfast: two sweet potato rounds topped with pecan/celery/goat cheese salad, leftover stuffing, coffee.

Lunch: fancy ramen bowl with a poached egg, steamed colorful cauliflower.

Dinner: zuppa Toscana, slightly lightened up by using milk instead of cream (I know, what a huge sacrifice :wink:).

Snacks: infinite, as I am still coping with not smoking -- dill pickle sunflower seeds, candycane Joe-Joes, whatever else is unfortunate enough to cross my sightline.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Breakfast: 2 cups of milky oolong tea

Lunch: 1/2 (or a bit less) apples and tons of spices stuffed cornish hen, mac and cheese, cornbread dressing, cranberry sauce, collard greens/cabbage mix, 1 devilled egg. 1 butter cookie, Sweet ice tea to drink

Dinner: 2 devilled eggs, collard greens/cabbage mix water to drink

Desert/late night snack: 1 homemade butter cookie
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Breakfast: 20g store granola, 80g raw rolled oats, 2 tbs walnuts, 3 strawberries, .4 banana, 1% milk 350 cal
    Lunch: leftover turkey with 2oz gravy 249 calories
    Dinner: 1.5 cups thin spaghetti, 4 shallots sauteed in 1 tbs butter, 1 tbs heavy cream 4oz lobster claws. 677 calories.
    Snacks 92 cal

Sounds super yummy--gonna "try" to have something like this, this weekend.

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Breakfast: coconut Greek yogurt, black coffee
    Lunch: homemade vegetable soup, smoked provolone grilled cheese & fresh pineapple chunks
    Dinner: cauliflower-based alfredo sauce over angel hair pasta with zucchini, carrots, onions. Then going out for ice cream, I'll probably have a 1 scoop marshmallow sundae with some variety of chocolate ice cream.
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    edited November 2018
    Breakfasat: Oatmeal made with milk with blueberries and vanilla protein powder mixed in, coffee with creamer
    Lunch: Sausage, red pepper, and onion bake over rice
    Snack: Greek yogurt with pineapple and chia seeds
    Dinner: Roast chicken with mushroom and herb couscous and peas

Still have about 400 calories left over! Dessert is either looking like ice cream, hot chocolate + marshmallows, or peppermint oreos. Definitely having more pineapple as well.
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Same breakfast as usual - 20g store granola, 80g raw rolled oats, 2 tbs walnuts, 3 strawberries, .4 banana, 1% milk 350 cal
    Lunch - Egg salad on crackers; carrot
    Dinner - 3 oz thin sliced ribeye, sauteed mushrooms, baked potato

Had to have 2oz of candy corn and peanuts to get to 1400 calories.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Breakfast: coffee at home; guacamole & bacon burrito and small vanilla-cherry Coke at work.

Lunch: leftover zuppa Toscana from last night.

Dinner: toasted baguette rounds with baked Brie, crudites, and fresh fruit. Probably also cocktails.

Snacks: sunflower seeds, candycane Joe-Joes.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Breakfast- Thomas light English muffin with sf strawberry spread, coffee, egg and 1 sausage link
    Lunch- homemade pizza usuing ole wrap with mushrooms, onions, cheese and sausage crumbles diet pepsi
    supper- my favorite- veggie burger from Burger king- no may heavy vegetables-1/2 a small order of onion rings
    snack- individual bag of chips and 4 0z cup of ice cream
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Breakfast: 2 cups of milky oolong tea

Lunch: large honey crisp apple, water to drink

Dinner: Tuna & egg salad (made with real mayo, mustard, trader joe's wasabi mayo, chopped bell peppers, green onions/scallions, celery, sweet onions, pickle relish, a LOT of chopped boiled eggs and paprika generously sprinkled on top) on a bed of ice cold iceberg lettuce, thin sliced tomatoes and a side bowl of watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew melon chunks and strawberries Water to wash it all down.

Dessert or late night snack: shelled roasted/salted peanuts and perhaps some grapes.
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Breakfast: Oatmeal made with milk, blueberries, and a scoop of protein powder added in. Coffee with creamer.
    Lunch: Work lunch out at a place I haven't been to yet. Got an order of seasoned fries (which were highly recommended to me and totes worth it) with crab dip on top.
    Dinner: Leftover portions from diner last night - roast chicken, peas, and mushroom and herb couscous.
    Snacks: Probably a cup of tea and some pineapple.

Might end up being a little over today but I'm not too concerned because I was under a few hundred yesterday. (:
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    B—One Cinnamon Toast Rice Cake with peanut butter, banana, tea with Fairlife Whole Milk
    L—Peanut butter & jelly sammie (yep pb again), a few chips and water
    S—Lara Bar and tea
    D—Skillet of onion, potato, zucchini, ground beef, green beans and tomato sauce topped with pecorino romano
    Later-tea with a small square of 88% cocoa bar
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Breakfast burrito - cheese, eggs, potato 550 cal

Thai - eggplant Basil w/Tofu
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Today! Breakfast was some 2% Fage with strawberries and blueberries and a sprinkle of the crunchy Kashi. And lots of coffee. I trail ran and now I am starving for ...
    Lunch, in the oven baking, some shrimp and a chicken sausage with some onion, bell peppers, zucchini with half a tbsp of butter and a bunch of Old Bay. Will eat with a wheat pita.
    Probably some form of afternoon tea will happen, with actual tea because I just saw some deep cleaning needs to be done around the ovens in the kitchen and will need fortification. Ever do that where you suddenly see a spot that you haven't cleaned in ever and ew?
    Dinner is going to be some kind of on the fly chicken pot pie soup - I have chicken and cream of chicken soup, corn, peas, potatoes - in the Instant Pot probably and then plop some Bisquick on top if I am feeling lazy or make pastry and bake off some form of dipper.
    I have crackers and cheese and apples for supper snacks if I want.
  • happytree923
    happytree923 Posts: 463 Member
    Breakfast- coffee, snap dragon apple, peanut butter, leftover turkey
    Lunch- grilled cheese made with sourdough bread, cheddar, leftover turkey, leftover cranberry sauce
    Dinner- holiday party potluck, I think the main dish will be pasta. Bringing dogfish IPA and pecan pie