Help only losing half a pound a week!!

Can anyone help I’ve been so strict with my food and been doing regular exercise but the first week I lost 2lb and the last two weeks have only been half a pound a week!!! Why is it so slow??

Replies

• tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,360 Member
    How much do you weigh? How tall are you? How many calories are you eating?

If may be for your height and current weight that you do not have a lot of excess fat to lose, therefore, any weight will be lower.
  • Hi I’m only 5ft2 and I’ve always weighed around 8 and half stone to 9 stone but currently weigjh 9 stone 10 and a half pound....I’m eating around 900-1100 calories a day and trying to exercise at least 3 times a week normally kettlebells? Thanks
  • kimgab1
    kimgab1 Posts: 11 Member
    at least your losing! i have been at it since September eating 1200 calories and exercising 6 days a week. i have only lost 7 lbs! I even have gained 2 lbs. Now i cant even get the 2 lbs. off. Its so depressing!! i weigh 165 now and i want to get to 140. UGGGGG!!
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Thanks for the advise maybe I need to try and eat more and as for the person saying I’m eating like a toddler I really don’t think there’s any need to be rude do you? I was asking for help not to be patronised thank you very much. I am a adult and I struggle sometimes to eat more as I’m not hungry! But definitely not starving myself, I eat breakfast lunch and dinner with lots of protein and veg...but I will try and make my meals somehow bigger thanks!

I'm not trying to be rude either, but your original post came off as sounding a little whiny. That said, @sijomial has given you good advice. A half pound a week is great progress! If you aren't using a food scale, now would be a good time to incorporate that into your weight loss journey. With so little to lose a scale will help with your calorie intake accuracy. Be patient, you've got this!
  • sbrooks0387
    sbrooks0387 Posts: 167 Member
    Nuts are high in calories/fat for small servings. I would suggest adding a handful or two of those in a day to help your calories.

Also you can indulge since you have “extra” calories. You don’t have to deprive yourself to lose weight. Have a cup of hot cocoa or some other treat.
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    I am 5’1” and currently 146 lbs. I started at over 170 lbs. I agree with others that you need to eat a minimum of 1200 calories per day.

Something to ponder... at the beginning of this journey I think it’s normal to want results right away. Keep in mind that not all results are shown on the scale. The first week is typically the biggest drop on the scale. After that ,losses slow down. Don’t be surprised if you have a small gain in a few weeks. It’s normal. Even when still eating at a deficit. You can’t control the scale. Try as much as you can to take the long view of this journey. I find that I am happier that way.

For what it’s worth, I generally lose a half pound every 10 days. I eat in average 1500-1600 calories per day. I don’t do many strenuous workouts but generally walk daily 30-60 minutes.

Good luck!
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,219 Member
    If your deficit is regular you might expext to lose regular amounts of weight every month. Not every week. Week is too short a period to talk about when it comes to weight.