Say it..... without really saying it.

Options

Replies

• newmeadow
    newmeadow Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    Attacking my physical appearance using my age had the desired effect you intended.

:/ Surfy.. be thankful he showed his true colours.. what an *kitten*

I know it still hurts though.. hugs

Jo, it's like I now have this insecurity that I will carry into future relationships. I am sensitive about aging..I am 45 years old soon and I don't care if people think me to be vain but there are days I don't like what I am seeing in the mirror. I still feel 20 oui..but his vindictive comments which included comparisons to younger women he was attracted to, have done something detrimental to my esteem and confidence that I'm afraid I cannot get back.
    newmeadow wrote: »
    I earned every crease by my eyes, every laugh line , every silver hair, both droopy t*ts, the crepey skin on my hands, the huge scar on my belly from the major surgery that saved my life, every creaky joint, every visible cord on my neck, and every visible spider vein on both my legs.

I put the years in and I earned it all and I wear it all as a badge of honor and seniority.

Nothing some little hard on says to me is going to change my attitude about that.

The thought of anyone trying to make me feel bad about that stuff is laughable. No wonder no one even tries.

So chin up, shoulders back and don't let it even break your stride lady.

I need to adopt your attitude. I will keep reading your response because even as I was reading 'chin up, shoulders back...' I was doing so. I really value your input, merci x

You can take on this attitude. You really can, don't doubt it for a second.
  • RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    Options
    Attacking my physical appearance using my age had the desired effect you intended.

:/ Surfy.. be thankful he showed his true colours.. what an *kitten*

I know it still hurts though.. hugs

Jo, it's like I now have this insecurity that I will carry into future relationships. I am sensitive about aging..I am 45 years old soon and I don't care if people think me to be vain but there are days I don't like what I am seeing in the mirror. I still feel 20 oui..but his vindictive comments which included comparisons to younger women he was attracted to, have done something detrimental to my esteem and confidence that I'm afraid I cannot get back.
    newmeadow wrote: »
    I earned every crease by my eyes, every laugh line , every silver hair, both droopy t*ts, the crepey skin on my hands, the huge scar on my belly from the major surgery that saved my life, every creaky joint, every visible cord on my neck, and every visible spider vein on both my legs.

I put the years in and I earned it all and I wear it all as a badge of honor and seniority.

Nothing some little hard on says to me is going to change my attitude about that.

The thought of anyone trying to make me feel bad about that stuff is laughable. No wonder no one even tries.

So chin up, shoulders back and don't let it even break your stride lady.

I need to adopt your attitude. I will keep reading your response because even as I was reading 'chin up, shoulders back...' I was doing so. I really value your input, merci x

I'm not far from your age. And I can relate 100%. Aging scares me and when I talk about it it does make me feel vain. But my feelings about it are still my feelings.
    I'm sorry you had hurtful things said to you. I wish bullies didn't have mouths. Or arms. Or legs.
    Hell, I wish they didn't exist entirely.
  • RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    Options
    WEEKEND! <3B):p
    Now let's get our drank on.
  • Chael2dot0
    Chael2dot0 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options

Yuusssss!
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Options
    Chael2dot0 wrote: »

Yuusssss!

I mean if you twist my arm and all...
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    This may be true but please take into account:

Gerry Rafferty Baker Street Long Version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU6w56epBdc
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    Selective tolerance
  • k8eekins
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Tech abuse: Tech safety ... Pacified incitement to violence - clique mentality, and the subtlety telling; The abuse of status and influence and its effects.
  • k8eekins
    Options