34 Pounds Destroyed!

wm4vwrd5c3q9.png
I began my journey to health this past May. It was a time when I was bombarded with other people's before and after pictures and that "try this new diet" tagline. I knew I needed to change, but it felt overwhelming. I had tried My Fitness Pal before and was not successful. My excuse then was, "I don't have the time." I finally chunked that excuse and decided to give MFP another shot. I never imagined myself being able to see a before and after picture and actually seeing results. I owe a large amount of my success to MFP. MFP helped keep me remain accountable to myself! Lying on my log was basically like me lying to myself. I charted my weight gain, my plateaus and my success. Losing weight, for me, was more mental than anything. I had to address my thoughts about food and my body. Once I realized that I deserved it and that slow progress was still progress, I stopped comparing myself to others and kept at it. Now that I have destroyed 34 pounds, I want to help others find their inner beast!

Replies

• JSUClay
    JSUClay Posts: 19 Member
    Awesome work!!
  • lmserrano03
    lmserrano03 Posts: 13 Member
    Thank you so much!
  • iamworthy14
    iamworthy14 Posts: 413 Member
    That is awesome! I wanna destroy 20 thanks for the inspiration!
  • dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    Awesome!! Congrats!! You look great!!
  • lmserrano03
    @iamworthy14 Thank you!!! Absolutely! You've got this!!!

@dhiammarath Thank you!!
  • Fitisit901
    Fitisit901 Posts: 2 Member
    Im just beginning my journey. I have 40 pounds to lose. I've never been overweight(until the last year), so the barrage of information that is available is quite overwhelming, including mfp, but I'm determined to do it!!!
  • lmserrano03
    @Fitisit901 I hear you! There is a plethora of information out there and people will try to tell you that their way is the "right" way. When it comes to weight loss there are so many ways to get there... you just have to find what works for you and be willing to explore. Also, be gentle with yourself. One day at a time! You've got this!!
  • Yellowstone1983
    Yellowstone1983 Posts: 131 Member
    Awesome job, you look great!
  • suzievv
    suzievv Posts: 410 Member
    I am amazed at how much change there is in your face.
    You look great! Congratulations!
  • newhopeind
    newhopeind Posts: 34 Member
    Needed this little motivational boost today. Well done to you.
  • tronjo2002
    tronjo2002 Posts: 43 Member
    You look like Emily Rossum from Shameless!
  • SYED1512
    SYED1512 Posts: 12 Member
    Amazing Job!
  • lmserrano03
    Thank you all for the encouraging words!! ♡♡♡
  • saminabilal
    saminabilal Posts: 69 Member
    You look great!
  • xxzenabxx
    xxzenabxx Posts: 935 Member
    That’s amazing! How many calories did you eat? (Just curious!)
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Well done! And thank you for another "excuse". When my friends offer me "another slice of cake, some more ice cream, one more glass of beer, etc. etc., and it does not fit into my meal plan for the day, I will tell them: "Oh know, I JUST DON'T HAVE THE TIME!"! Looking forward to see their faces... I learn something new every day...(55 pounds lost, another 100 or more to go.)
  • mathdad41
    mathdad41 Posts: 119 Member
    Fantastic work! Great motivation and I hope to one day post my own before and after
  • sarakenna12
    sarakenna12 Posts: 37 Member
    Holy cow. This is amazing.
  • lmserrano03
    xxzenabxx wrote: »
    That’s amazing! How many calories did you eat? (Just curious!)
    Thank you!!!
    I was at 1560 calories when I was active and then 1260 when I wasn't as active.
  • Kuchiness
    Kuchiness Posts: 48 Member
    You face looks so different than the before picture, really great work! How long did it take roughly?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!