Weighed out 100g Haribos because I was allowed them - Then put 50g back

I realized I didn't want/need that many, so I decided to put the rest back. I know this sounds like a very small victory, but for someone overcoming a binge eating disorder, it's pretty big for me.

Replies

• SaturnsbestMoon
    SaturnsbestMoon Posts: 25 Member
    Way to go! BED is a SOB! Victory is a victory no matter how big/small!
  • PokerChris
    PokerChris Posts: 120 Member
    Excellent!
  • Styggian
    Styggian Posts: 465 Member
    good job, gz on your VICTORY :smile:
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,386 Member
    I'd count that as a great NSV, especially considering overcoming the disorder. It's those kinds of things that help everyone, regardless of past history. Being mindful of choices is IMO one of the biggest steps towards long term success in weight control.
  • Haribos... so yummy, so many calories! Good job putting some back. :)

Before I started counting calories, I loved eating gummy candy. Now I hardly ever buy them; but when I do, I savor a small portion and eat it slowly. Calorie counting is eye opening.
  • jonesite
    jonesite Posts: 40 Member
    You are winning! Congratulations
  • babysaffy
    babysaffy Posts: 232 Member
    That's great! Congrats!
  • New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    Great accomplishment!
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,257 Member
    That was a huge victory!! I did the same thing when I started over four years ago. I wanted to just eat a box of Jr Mints. I looked at a serving and it said I could have 8. OK, 8 is plenty. A couple of months later, I realized that I was probably OK with 4. Then 2, then I never replaced the box. I RARELY binge on Jr Mints anymore. It's a really big awakening to realize that you have stopped yourself! Congratulations!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!