Recipe ingredients

quinninco
quinninco Posts: 1 Member
Is there anyway to know the ingredients of recipes in MFP?

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Do you mean random entries for homemade dishes? No - if you're making a dish, either enter the ingredients in to your log individually or use the recipe builder to create your own recipe.
  • amlokey
    amlokey Posts: 1 Member
    I would like my recipe ingredients to draw from my customized food list (e.g 1/2 bagel, or 1/2 bag of Asian Cashew salad mix) which I have already included. Is that possible? It seems it is just data that should be available as a choice through the recipe builder. So far, I only see a way to add one bagel. There is no. .5 option. I would rather use my own foods than a generic list.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited December 2018
    amlokey wrote: »
    I would like my recipe ingredients to draw from my customized food list (e.g 1/2 bagel, or 1/2 bag of Asian Cashew salad mix) which I have already included. Is that possible? It seems it is just data that should be available as a choice through the recipe builder. So far, I only see a way to add one bagel. There is no. .5 option. I would rather use my own foods than a generic list.

The recipe builder doesn’t usually tap into our own entries, but instead of the recipe builder, you can add all items into one section of your diary (eg, breakfast) then save that as a meal, so next time you can just add as a meal instead of adding the ingredients manually.

As for the bagel or any foods you eat, you’re much better off weighing them in grams on a food scale, as “1 bagel” or “half a bag” isn’t going to be accurate.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,950 Member
    amlokey wrote: »

You can adjust the number of servings of any entry. E.g., just put .5 in the servings field for the bagel entry, rather than cluttering up the database with a new entry just to have it default to a half bagel as the serving size.