Getting Fit (and making friends)

Hello all! I'm looking to make some new friends in the fitness world, because I don't have any friends locally that are into fitness, at least not to lose weight. I'm attempting to get healthy, get fit, and I know I need to lose weight to do that. I'm going to be more focusing on getting stronger, and then hope that the weight just comes off at the same time, versus hyper focusing on the pounds and the fat.

I've been going to a gym, and seeing a personal trainer, and that's been great. I am also taking part of a december accountability challenge where I have to stay under my calorie count and exercise for at least 20 minutes a day. So far I'm 2 for 2, and want to keep it up. I've been on point with trackign the last week, and actually really proud of myself, and the changes so far.

Would love to meet some new friends (geeky people are a bonus)!

Replies

• FitnTrimSteve
    FitnTrimSteve Posts: 664 Member
    Welcome, Queen! Good luck on your December challenge. You seem to be on the right track to success.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    I accept all friend requests, but I'm kinda chatty and some people don't like that...friend me at your own risk!!!
  • OnlyDragonQueen
    OnlyDragonQueen Posts: 75 Member
    I accept all friend requests, but I'm kinda chatty and some people don't like that...friend me at your own risk!!!

Challenge accepted.
  • OnlyDragonQueen
    OnlyDragonQueen Posts: 75 Member
    I will say that being sick is making wanting to be good SUPER hard.
  • FitnTrimSteve
    FitnTrimSteve Posts: 664 Member
    I will say that being sick is making wanting to be good SUPER hard.

I never try when I’m sick. Figure I’m fighting the illness why fight other things too. Hope you feel better soon.
  • mamaLBSdown
    mamaLBSdown Posts: 24 Member
    Hello, I'm new on here too. I've been here less than a month but seeing some good results. Always looking for new friends. Feel free to add me.
  • SKISER2010
    SKISER2010 Posts: 28 Member
    Been on MFP just a couple of weeks after starting my journey 11/1/18... I am down 17.2 pounds, but know I will need help staying motivated... I don't know how to add friends, but will accept requests. :smiley: (And I am a bit of a geek/nerd too!)