WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2018

Replies

• spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Felicia we do have power plants. Various sources, nuclear, oil, gas, coal, solar, wind and some water. But prices for gas and electric are not cheap. We do have lots of suppliers so we shop around for cheaper bills.

Kate UK <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,499 Member
    Sorry for the curse word in the meme! It seemed apt!😋

Don’t apologize, it’s better that way
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Rebecca - I love hello dolly cookies! I could eat a whole pan of them in a few days if left unattended!!

Hugs!
    Okie
  • pipcd34
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 9.30min, 145mhr, 10amph, 1.5mi= 101c
    manual treadmill- 15.48min, 131mhr, 1mi= 124c
    new ski machine- 15min, lvl7 out of 10, 137mhr, = 115c
    arm spin machine- 10min, 115mhr, 2.80km= 66c
    ride gym 2 dome- 6.59min, 139mhr, 12.7amph, 1.4mi= 59c
    ride puy 2 sumn station- 19.40min, 150mhr, 9.2amph, 3mi= 155c
    jog sta 2 wk- 4.49min, 9.30min mi, 148mhr, .5mi= 65c
    jog wk 2 sumn sta- 4.04min, 9.05min mi, 151mhr, .4mi= 58c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 23.57min, 6.6amph, 147mhr, 229c

total cal 1057
  • pipcd34
    I couldn't do the deed today. I don't buy coffee in the morning so I couldn't buy anyone coffee. we have coffee at work that's free. i'lll make it up when I'm able to
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,723 Member
    So many thoughts I had to comment on but I’m on my phone and find it so very difficult!

Yvonne in TX, I was suffering “in my own head” for about 5 years. I started a gratitude journal earlier this year and have found it to make a tremendous difference. I notice my thoughts closing in around me when I haven’t written for a few days.

Heather - how lovely you were able to help with Bea today. It is so good that you finally were able to be closer.

I had a very busy craft sale on Saturday, my table was so busy I was unable to greet every looker. I have considered the $250-300 range to be a successful day. I almost doubled the high end mark!

I had asked to keep the Grands Saturday night after my show thinking it would be a quiet show as it was the local Farmer’s Market. I couldn’t back out after my exhausting day, they knew we were going to a Santa Claus parade! So we went and had a great time. Sunday we decorated our tree. Michaela (2) helped me the most with ornaments and I only had to move 2 that she hung on the same branch! I’ll share pics in just a minute.

We had snow for 2 days straight, 30 cms when it was all said and done. We were seeing grass on Friday.

Tracey in Wintery Edmonton
  • PressingPatience
    PressingPatience Posts: 49 Member
    edited December 2018

4645svnenop3.jpg

This is hysterical ... and so true! >_<

Willow in WA USA
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,329 Member
    Did 1 segment of 10MS butt Lift DVD, held my plank for 3 minutes, then took the extremepump class. The plan for tomorrow is to do the Biggest Loser Cardio Max DVD.

Willow – I didn’t realize that your tiredness is not just a one-time thing but lasting. My heart goes out to you.

Coffee – I don’t like it. I haven’t had a cup of coffee in at least 2 or 3 years. And even then, I thought it was real bitter. Now, I got it at a Marriott Hotel so you know that they serve a good brand. The reason I thought it tasted bitter? Probably because I hadn’t had any in a few years. Now give me a good cup of tea…. Unfortunately, everywhere you go, it seems that they have lots and lots of coffee but some places don’t even have tea. Or if you order it in a restaurant, it’s so expensive and they give you such a little cup.

I really like when people put their bios or goals in a “spoiler”. Many times people who have been on this thread for a while know what someone’s goals are, but it’s good to have for the people who just joined.

Had Vince go to ACMoore with me yesterday. Wanted to get more yarn for the scarf I’m making for Steve and want to be sure I have it so I can just keep on going. I have a feeling that maybe I won’t need one of the skeins, but I can always return it. ACMoore has this (to me) stupid policy that you need to return things in 30 days. Really, the gals at the checkout always let you return it after the 30 days, but they make sure to tell you the policy. I think it’s a stupid policy because many times it takes you longer to work on a craft.

M – your day sounds exhausting. And you exercise most days on top of that???? You are wonderwoman

Sidney – welcome! You’re at a great place. Think of the pounds that you DIDN’T regain. You can lose those extra 8. Looks like you did bookmark this place.

Margaret – don’t you just hate it when you buy something new thinking it has the same sugar/sodium/etc as the brand you’re used to and it winds up that it doesn’t? I bought Boca burgers, they had the same calorie count as the original ones I got (these are the turkey) but the sodium!!! Yikes!!!

Lately I’ve been wanting less and less meat. I don’t think I’d ever completely give up meat, there are some nutrients that you can get otherwise, but it is hard. I seem to be wanting more and more veges and fruit.

KJ – love your playhouse. Your kiddos are so so lucky

Mailed out most of my Christmas cards.

Rebecca – I’m so sorry you won’t see your sons. It’s hard

Ceramics and mahjongg tonight

Sidney – I do a lot of DVD’s in the house

Carol – I’ve never had knee replacement, but I do know people who have. A friend of mine that I play mahjongg with had 2 dogs. Once she recovered, she had no problem taking them for a walk.

Yvonne – welcome back!

Tracey – Michaela did a great job decorating the tree! She can come to my house any time.

Michele in NC
  • pipcd34
    Toaster
    b362115x4abl.jpeg
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,723 Member
    Pip - I love your decorations!
  • prisoner2food
    prisoner2food Posts: 81 Member
    1948Peachy wrote: »
    Sydney ~ You have such a cheerful sweet smile! :):)

Question: Have any of you had knee replacement surgery? If I get it done, will I be able to take the dog for walks again? It is so nice out today and I miss being outside terribly! At this point, it is very difficult for me to walk on downward sloping drives or sidewalks.

Carol in GA
    1948Peachy wrote: »
    Sydney ~ You have such a cheerful sweet smile! :):)

I had bothe knees replaced (6 mo apart) after I had lost 100 pounds. Best decision I ever made. Even tho I have gained the weight back my knees are still totally good. No pain at all and I work 12 hr shifts in a busy emergency department. Most important piece of advice: you MUST do the exercises religiously even if it hurts otherwise it will all be for naught.
    Karen in BC
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,745 Member
    Welcome new ladies!

Made horrible, horrible food choices this weekend! Major sugar/carb binge. Haven't done this in a long time and don't want a repeat. Every joint in my body aches as a result. Today was a little better, but I really need to kick it into gear.

Put up the Christmas tree and finished the other inside decorations. It was raining hard earlier today and then snowing later in the day so didn't get to the outdoor things. That will have to wait until tomorrow. I still send out Christmas cards but realized this evening that I haven't even purchased any yet! Hoping to get to the store tomorrow for that too. I used to write a lengthy letter, but haven't done so in a few years and on't think I will be doing one this year either.

Heather ... just wanted to say that you looked very much at ease (and very young B) ) with Bea. Sweet photo!

Beth
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    :)<3:)
  • csofled
    csofled wrote: »
    :)<3:)

Happy Hanukkah, Cheri! 🕎
    Were your ears burning? I recently mentioned #ProjectLinus2018 (& your donations) on this thread. <3
    _________
    Machka9 wrote: »

It's about $1.6 per litre here in Tassie. :(

M in Oz

Over $6.00 per gallon... :#

@sidney7305 You came to the right place! We are definitely supportive, & you are very likely to be motivated by the wonderful women on this thread. If you want to, tell us more. Do you want to be called Sidney? Do you know how to bookmark this thread?

Karen in Virginia

Thanks Karen!!
  • csofled
    edited December 2018
    Katla49 wrote: »

Cheri: Happy Hanukah! :star:

Have a great day!

Katla in beautiful but foggy NW Oregon

Thanks!!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,805 Member
    exermom wrote: »
    M – your day sounds exhausting. And you exercise most days on top of that???? You are wonderwoman

I exercise as a part of that. I walked 5 km just getting around yesterday ... all with a heavy backpack. I was exhausted by the evening.

But on days that are less hectic, I exercise in addition to what I do during the day.

M in Oz

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,810 Member
    Hello all: Got my hair cut this morning and then ended up spending most of the rest of the day at the cancer center with my DH. They had him scheduled for a 12:40 appointment this morning with the doctor. They called and because they called it an educational appointment he cancelled it. It was to check in after he had been on the chemo for 10 days. He was also supposed to have gotten a blood test. So we ended up being rescheduled for 3:00 for the blood test and saw the PA after that. We did not get out of there until after 5:00 and then a 1/2 hr drive home. Next appointment will be in 2 weeks with the doctor and I know about this one so he cannot cancel it. The chemo is going okay so far. He is not nauseous so probably will avoid that side effect but his mouth is sore from a combination of his dentures and the chemo and he has had some diarrhea. I think my word for 2019 is going to have to be "patience".

To those celebrating "Happy Hanukkah"

Pip - Thanks for the calendar.

KJ - Cute decorations.

Carol - I have had both knees replaced in 2004 and 2007. Was riding my horse again in about 3 months. You really do have to do the exercises though if you want good results. It will really hurt for about the first month but gets better and better from there. Choose a surgeon who does lots of joint replacements as they get lots of practice and schedule it midweek. You get the best care then when the most staff are on. I just had mine checked for the first time here in WA. The doc who checked them said the surgeon who did them did a really good job. Wish I could tell him that but he has retired. The doc who did mine used to do over 400 a year.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA