Living with negative comments...

I have people making jokes about my weight loss and fitness, telling me I’ll blow away in a light breeze, and am too skinny, etc. Very annoying, especially when I’m not even talking about my fitness journey much to anyone. Guess it’s something i have to live with. Anyhow, I’m proud of my accomplishments. Down 35lbs and BF down 7pts. bra580wil5m3.jpeg
qvnarra7fdsw.jpeg

Replies

• MrSunshinez
    MrSunshinez Posts: 573 Member
    I'd just blow them off and know that they really need to work on deeper issues like compassion and manners. Trust me, your journey is a lot easier than theirs and you are so far ahead of them. You look great!
  • Keep_on_cardio
    Keep_on_cardio Posts: 4,166 Member
    People hate change no matter how they may act. The same people who were constantly telling me I should lose weight are the same ones saying I should stop now that I'm close to my goal. I honestly think a lot of people don't like seeing others succeed. Sad as it is.

Anyways dude you look amazing! Be proud of yourself and realize that secretly most of the people hating on you wish they could do what you've done. I know I wish I looked like that with my shirt off

Same. That’s when I took a moment and thought “good thing I’m now on a journey in accomplishing specific goals”. 😁

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    You look amazing, great job!!!
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    I'm sure the comments will stop once people are used to you being smaller.
    You look great! :)
  • dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    Don’t question yourself because of negative people. What matters most is YOUR opinion and how you feel. You look awesome by the way!! Congrats on achieving your goals!
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    You look great! Some people just always need to say something. All you can do is ignore them. It’s aggravating, though.
  • obgary
    obgary Posts: 1 Member
    New here and stopped to read your post. 1st, you look amazing! 2nd people have comments when you are overweight as well as when you lose weight. Now that you look phenomenal, it's some obvious jealous people saying you will blow away. Keep it up. You have just encouraged me.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    You are not too thin! You are a healthy thin!
    People really do hate change even when its none of their biz!
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    I suspect, as someone else has said, people are trying to pay you a compliment and resort to banter and whilst I cover their own awkwardness. I suggest you smile along with them and take the comments with a pinch of salt. You look fit and lean and not the slightest bit as though you are going to be blown away - congratulations on your great health and fitness
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    You look great and nobody can take away your satisfaction. Keep marching forward.
  • mountainmare
    mountainmare Posts: 294 Member
    I also think it is meant as a compliment...so many posts here about people being mad that someone comments on their weight loss. Be grateful that it is not acceptable for people to say--"wow--you sure have packed on the pounds" or something like that when you were overweight. You do look amazing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!