What We're Eating

Replies

• avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    avskk wrote: »
    Lunch: Chickpea salad with celery and jalapeno

May I have some details about this? It sounds amazing.

It's a new recipe I tried. It's easy and I really liked it. It was pretty good right away, but even better after it had a chance to sit overnight and soak up the dressing.

https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2014/10/chickpea-salad-cumin-celery-easy-recipe.html

I decided to add jalapeno because I love heat. >:)

Thank you! It looks FANTASTIC; I'm adding the ingredients to my grocery list immediately.
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    B- sliced banana, strawberries, chopped pecans with cinnamon and black tea.
    L- homemade 3 bean salad with green olives over iceberg lettuce, baked chips, water.
    S- Lara peanut butter cookie bar, tea.
    D- oven baked pork chop, roasted potatoes, mixed veggies, applesauce, sparkling waters/lime wedge.
    S- couple small squares dark chocolate.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Breakfast: 2 eggs over medium/hard, 5 pieces of bacon, jasmine rice, toast w/butter and lingonberry spread, large glass of cranberry juice

Lunch: 2 cups of milky oolong green tea

Dinner: super thinly sliced and lightly but thoroughly cooked and loaded with brisket corned beef (at least 4-5 oz) and mixed with brisket pastrami (maybe 2 oz or so) sandwich on New York rye with lots of mustard, plain potato chips, 1/2 deli dill pickle, water to drink

Dessert or late night snack: orange/cranberry/pecan oatmeal cookie
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited December 2018
    Breakfast - half an everything bagel with cream cheese and a protein shake
    Lunch - sandwich, cheetos, granola bar (my food selection is getting sparse, I need to go to the store)
    Snack - popcorn and 2 clementines
    Dinner - chili with crackers and avocado
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Breakfast: fried egg, 1 frozen waffle with lemon curd, black coffee
    Lunch: won ton wrappers baked and topped with a mixture of crabmeat, green onion, Thai chili sauce, mayo, Sriracha & soy sauce. 20 sugar snap peas.
    Dinner: pasta with loads of spinach & mushrooms and homemade marinara
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Had a chicken teriyaki rice bowl for lunch, my first meal. About 750 calories, delicious and satisfying.

Hunger makes a good chef.
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    B- sliced banana, strawberries, chopped pecans and cinnamon, tea with milk
    S- Starbucks skim blonde latte
    L- salad with my homemade 3 bean salad on top, water, 2 squares dark chocolate
    D- baked chicken breast, mashed potatoes, broccoli, water
    S- probably a Yasso Bar
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Breakfast: Coffee with creamer, Chobani cherry Greek yogurt
    Lunch: Leftover italian sausage, egg, and veggie skillet with potatoes
    Snack: Quest protein bar, pineapple. The facility that hosts the class I'm taking for work this week also apparently has an ice cream bar today.... depending on what they have this afternoon, I'll probably partake!
    Dinner: Chicken enchilada soup

If I don't have ice cream at work today, I'll probably have hot cocoa this evening with some marshmallows as well as something small to hit protein goal today.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,227 Member
    B- Honey Oat bagel with cream cheese and a white hot chocolate
    L- Rainbow veggie pad thai
    S- Roasted garlic hummus with cherry tomatoes and pita
    D- Brown sugar ham, hashbrown casserole, roll
    S- Chocolate almond milk
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Breakfast: Jamaican curry with collards, kidney beans, and sweet potato

Lunch:
    Roasted potatoes and green bell peppers with white BBQ sauce, Clif nut butter bar

Dinner: Black bean soup on romaine lettuce

Snack: Coffee with coconut nog
  • avskk
    Breakfast: turkey flatbread with loads of vegetables (early); coffee and a stroopwafel (now).

Lunch: last night's leftover turkey noodle soup, also loaded with vegetables.

Dinner: it's grocery night and I have failed to plan, so... probably a frozen pizza or something similarly convenient and poorly balanced.

Snacks: sunflower seeds, apples, pears.
  • janejellyroll
    Breakfast: turkey flatbread with loads of vegetables (early); coffee and a stroopwafel (now).

Dinner: it's grocery night and I have failed to plan, so... probably a frozen pizza or something similarly convenient and poorly balanced.

What kind of stroopwafels do you buy? My husband wants to try them but he isn't sure what brand to get.
  • avskk

What kind of stroopwafels do you buy? My husband wants to try them but he isn't sure what brand to get.

When I buy them on Amazon, I buy Daelmans; the one I had today was a Rip Van Wafel (I snagged it from the cafe in the building where I work). I like the Daelmans much better -- they're crisper, with a more buttery flavor to the cookie and real caramel instead of vanilla curd -- but the Rip Van Wafel was still, you know, a stroopwafel and therefore yummy. :)
  • janejellyroll

When I buy them on Amazon, I buy Daelmans; the one I had today was a Rip Van Wafel (I snagged it from the cafe in the building where I work). I like the Daelmans much better -- they're crisper, with a more buttery flavor to the cookie and real caramel instead of vanilla curd -- but the Rip Van Wafel was still, you know, a stroopwafel and therefore yummy. :)

Thank you!
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    Breakfast: homemade egg white muffins with turkey sausage & bell pepper
    Lunch: breaded baked chicken breast and roasted red skin potatoes
    Snack: baby carrots & spinach veggie dip
    Dinner: chicken fried rice
    Snack: apple
  • happytree923
    happytree923 Posts: 463 Member
    Breakfast- Starbucks iced coffee and 2 bantam bagels
    Lunch- Bean chili with cheese, sour cream and oyster crackers
    Snack-Baby carrots and a mandarin orange
    Dinner- Turkey burger with toppings/recipe from my Bob's Burgers cookbook and raw snow peas
    Snack- internet is out in my apartment so I'll probably go to a movie this evening. Small movie popcorn and diet soda
  • whatalazyidiot
    whatalazyidiot Posts: 343 Member
    Breakfast: 3 eggs, cheese, 1/2 avocado
    Lunch: Lean Cuisine pizza
    Dinner: Grilled chicken, brown rice, mixed veggies
    Snacks: Protein bar, Cheez-its
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Breakfast - half an everything bagel w/ cream cheese. Protein shake
    Lunch - sandwich, cottage cheese and cucumbers
    snack - pineapple, popcorn, and 2 clementines
    dinner - chili with crackers and avocado
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Breakfast: plain Greek yogurt with 1/2 peach (diced) and 1 tbsp. granola, coffee
    Lunch: lemon ricotta pancakes, Morningstar veggie sausage patty, coffee
    Dinner: Tex Mex casserole-type dish made with peppers, onions, beans & rice, topped with sour cream & cilantro
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Breakfast: Chobani peach greek yogurt, coffee with creamer
    Lunch: Chicken enchilada soup topped with a smidgen of cheese
    Dinner: Boyfriend's making parmesan crusted pork chops with roast potatoes and peas.

Snacks: Will probably consist of a bunch of m&m cookies (was supposed to take them into work today before going to class for my co-workers buuuuut, sleep happened so now we have a bunch of extra cookies). Might also have some protein oatmeal when I get home. If that doesn't happen, some other kind of protein-y snack to get closer to goal!