Holiday Motivation- Pump It Up!

Replies

• BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member

9y4jb9zf8y49.png
  • BMcC9
    I did do my workouts for Dec 2 and Dec 3 but it is getting late so I will detail them tomorrow.
  • BMcC9
    Better yet ....
    9jvlbgv4uvce.png
  • BMcC9
    Goal: 25 days (or more) out of 31 with some exercise

Count to date: 10 out of 25
    =============
    Done to date: Nov - 8 for 8

Dec 01: 1hr15 minutes jogging on my mini-trampoline, plus [10 push-ups & 6 tricep dips] X2 (am and pm) + Advent Exercise calendar entries (AECs)
    Dec 02: 43 minutes jogging on my mini-trampoline, plus [10 push-ups & 6 tricep dips] X2 (am and pm) + AECs
    Dec 03: 48 minutes jogging on my mini-trampoline, plus [10 push-ups & 6 tricep dips] X2 (am and pm) + AECs
    Dec 04:
    Dec 05:
    Dec 06:
    Dec 07:

Dec 4: I rolled a "4", so 4 tuck jumps (gotta look those up) and 4 x 30-second planks any style added to the push-ups and tricep dips.

@MoStacy , I KNEW you would process the Thanksgiving glut within a week or so, especially with what your activity log was showing! Keep at it! Life is what happens while we are making other plans, and your lifestyle-change plan will have to accommodate that kind of thing now and again (annually) ... and now you know you can!

It's a ... "circle of life" ... thing .... (cue Lion King soundtrack cd ... )
  • BMcC9

Count to date: 12 out of 25 (now corrected)
    =============

Dec 01: 1hr15 minutes jogging on my mini-trampoline, plus [10 push-ups & 6 tricep dips] X2 (am and pm) + Advent Exercise calendar entries (AECs)
    Dec 02: 43 minutes jogging on my mini-trampoline, plus [10 push-ups & 6 tricep dips] X2 (am and pm) + AECs
    Dec 03: 48 minutes jogging on my mini-trampoline, plus [10 push-ups & 6 tricep dips] X2 (am and pm) + AECs
    Dec 04: 49 minutes jogging on my mini-trampoline, plus usual push-ups and tricep dips (am & pm) + AECs x 2 (rolled a a "4", so 4 tuck jumps (gotta look those up) and 4 x 30-second planks any style added to the push-ups and tricep dips and today's AECs)
    Dec 05:
    Dec 06:
    Dec 07:
  • MoStacy
    MoStacy Posts: 98 Member
    BMcC9, you haven’t missed a day - impressive!

Done to date:
    Nov 23: Yes, walk 5k
    Nov 24: Yes, walk 5k
    Nov 25: Yes, 40min cardio, 30 min strength training
    Nov 26: Off
    Nov 27: Off
    Nov 28: 40 min cardio (treadmill, elliptical), 30 min strength training
    Nov 29: 40 min cardio (biking, elliptical), 30 min strength training
    Nov 30: 90 min walk, 5 miles

Dec 01:60 min walk, 4 miles, strength training (arms, abs)
    Dec 02: Walk 6 miles (Holiday House Tour)
    Dec 03: off
    Dec 04: 40 min cardio (bike, 14 mph), strength training
    Dec 05:
    Dec 06:
    Dec 07:
    Dec 08:
    Dec 09:
    Dec 10:
    Dec 11:
    Dec 12:
    Dec 13:
    Dec 14:
    Dec 15:
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9, you haven’t missed a day - impressive!

"Not missing a day " isn't so impressive when my target minimum is 20 minutes (usually more) at home in front of the TV ... more often than not before supper. If I weren't so into my virtual world game, I could even do exactly the same thing (or more) without ever missing a fave TV fix.

Now ... The Universe must have been listening in as I composed the above in my head, because I rolled the dice before replying, and got a "5" .... Go outside and get some fresh air! (and brushing snow off the car doesn't count - even if there was any ... which there isn't today .... )

Your regular strength training on top of cardio (which I take to signal regular trips to a gym in your most-days routine) is VERY impressive to me. Just plain showing up at the out-of-house location regularly!

• BMcC9
    "BMcC9 wrote: »
    ... The Universe must have been listening in as I composed the above in my head, because I rolled the dice before replying, and got a "5" .... Go outside and get some fresh air! (and brushing snow off the car doesn't count - even if there was any ... which there isn't today .... )

Walked outside at lunch.
  • BMcC9
    Rolled a "6" today
    Identify one small habit you want to change or focus on in 2019 and make a plan on how you might accomplish it in 2019.

... I'll get back to you on this. No time to think and compose before leaving for work ...
  • BMcC9

Count to date: 13 out of 25
    =============

Dec 04: 49 minutes jogging on my mini-trampoline, plus usual push-ups and tricep dips (am & pm) + AECs x 2 (rolled a a "4", so 4 tuck jumps (gotta look those up) and 4 x 30-second planks any style added to the push-ups and tricep dips and today's AECs)
    Dec 05: 54 minutes jogging on my mini-trampoline, plus other misc. stuff including walk outside at lunch to fulfill Dice Roll Obligation.
    Dec 06:
    Dec 07:

• BMcC9
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    Rolled a "6" today
    Identify one small habit you want to change or focus on in 2019 and make a plan on how you might accomplish it in 2019.

... I'll get back to you on this. No time to think and compose before leaving for work ...

Move beyond Cardio-Only as my default daily routine, by keeping up improving the push-up strength/count until I can do standard (straight leg, on the floor) style AND KEEP ON DOING THEM .... plus add in "Dead Bugs" and hip lifts to tighten my core.
  • MoStacy
    MoStacy Posts: 98 Member
    Forgot about the dice! Too much going on, holidays, etc. Definitely want to join your group in January. By the way, BMcC9, what is your first name ?

Done to date:
    Nov 23: Yes, walk 5k
    Nov 24: Yes, walk 5k
    Nov 25: Yes, 40min cardio, 30 min strength training
    Nov 26: Off
    Nov 27: Off
    Nov 28: 40 min cardio (treadmill, elliptical), 30 min strength training
    Nov 29: 40 min cardio (biking, elliptical), 30 min strength training
    Nov 30: 90 min walk, 5 miles

Dec 01:60 min walk, 4 miles, strength training (arms, abs)
    Dec 02: Walk 6 miles (Holiday House Tour)
    Dec 03: off
    Dec 04: 40 min cardio (bike, 14 mph), strength training
    Dec 05: 3.5 mile hike, moderate
    Dec 06: strength training (30 min), 2 mile walk
    Dec 07:
    Dec 08:
    Dec 09:
    Dec 10:
    Dec 11:
    Dec 12:
    Dec 13:
    Dec 14:
    Dec 15:
  • BMcC9
    Barb
  • BMcC9
    Moved the dice game down where we can see it ... we can keep at it for the rest if our own challenge if you like - roll when you post, and use that number for the next day.
    Kres567 wrote: »
    Happy Sunday everyone! The Week 1 Group Challenge is brought to you by the Mission Slimpossibles - Roll of the Dice. I didn't create a separate thread for this one. I thought you could just play within your team thread.

Each day this week - starting Monday - roll one dice or the virtual dice found here https://www.random.org/dice/.

Whatever number you get incorporate the corresponding action to your day. Have fun!

Roll a 1 - Post a motivational or funny meme for your team.
    Roll a 2 - Drink your required water for the day. Some people aim for 100oz and some half of their body weight in ounces.
    Roll a 3 - Pre-plan your meals for the day
    Roll a 4 - Do the activity on both of the Advent Calendars in the Moderators Challenge.
    Roll a 5 - Get outside and enjoy some fresh air - maybe a walk, run or bike ride
    Roll a 6 - Identify one small habit you want to change or focus on in 2019 and make a plan on how you might accomplish it in 2019.

A variety of Advent exercise calendars (like the one mentioned for "Roll a 4") can be found in Google Images and probably in Pinterest.

https://google.ca/search?hl=en&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1200&bih=703&ei=oXoEXKLGH4PM_AaC87aYDQ&q=advent+exercise+challenge&oq=advent+ex&gs_l=img.1.0.0l5j0i8i30l5.1797.5528..10109...0.0..0.80.659.9......0....1..gws-wiz-img.....0.CxXo0ibm24k[/quote]

• BMcC9
    I rolled a '1' today
    4g0cbwyfka0y.jpg
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 wrote: »

Count to date: 15 out of 25
    =============

Dec 05: 54 minutes jogging on my mini-trampoline, plus other misc. stuff including walk outside at lunch to fulfill Dice Roll Obligation.
    Dec 06: 39 minutes jogging on my mini-trampoline
    Dec 07: off

Dec 08: 1 hr jogging on my mini-trampoline

I rolled a "2" (Drink your water - for me that is 1/2 my weight in oz of water, or 73 oz / just over 9 cups) It's too late to do all of that between 9:00 pm and bedtime, so I will commit to the guzzling tomorrow, plus roll something else first thing in the morning to ALSO do .
  • BMcC9

Count to date: 15 out of 25
    =============

Dec 06: 39 minutes jogging on my mini-trampoline
    Dec 07: off

Dec 08: 1 hr jogging on my mini-trampoline
    Dec 09: 1 hr5 minutes jogging on my mini-trampoline (burning off 200+ calories ahead of tonight's Social Event Of The Year (for us) ... we don't go out much. Drinking the water I rolled yesterday, and doing the Advent Calendar requirements for today.
  • BMcC9
    How's the holiday maintenance plan going? Maybe some ideas for you here in the "5 trainer tips on managing holiday temptations" article.

https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/5-trainer-tips-on-managing-holiday-temptations/?utm_source=FACEBOOK&utm_medium=FB+MyFitnessPal&utm_term=Article&utm_content=Nutrition&utm_campaign=20181210"
  • BMcC9
    I rolled a '1' today = motivating meme - I'll be back once I find one ....