SoulSister's OMAD journey

Replies

• It would be great if I could just edit the first post, but I guess I will have to keep copy and paste. Oh well..

SW: 210 pounds ( I started about 10th Jan 2018)

15/09 - 173 pounds
    29/09 - 170.8 pounds
    13/10 – 170.2 pounds

As I wrote above, I found the last 2 weeks a bit of a struggle mentally, I feel that I am now out of the woods so to speak. I want to try not drinking diet soda during my fasting period for a week or two and see if that makes a difference. I noticed that when i drink diet soda I get some heart flutters and my sleep is disrupted. Weird. Maybe it has nothing to do with that but worth investigating.

Regarding the lack of exercise for weight loss, for a person with a heart condition that really was the most helpful advice and thank you OMAD Revolution! Please don't close your channel.

To be honest the people who advertise that you can't lose weight without exercise (which is almost everybody) should be punished or at least called out somehow. They spread misinformation and do serious damage to all those folk like myself who can not really exercise due to certain health conditions. I almost gave up on losing weight as I thought it's impossible anyway. I have been called lazy so many times and I wish these people knew how that feels when every time you have your heart rate high you are scared and you are risking serious implications. How many times I have been told that I need to push myself harder and I am just looking for excuses by well meaning exercise professionals and when I got sick all they could do was nothing besides panicking and covering their backsides. Infuriating..

To all those people who are like me, you CAN lose weight without exercise.
    Above result is is the proof.
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    I always heard that you cannot outrun the fork. I've exercised heavily through the years and it didn't put a dent in my weightloss...I still exercise because it makes me feel good...I get endorphins from it. But...definitely you are smart to not put yourself at risk with your condition. Great that you know yourself and are doing what is right for your body. Everyone has opinions...but they are not living in your body. Yay for yourself and shutting out the blabbering <3

• I'm back.. Have been travelling loads this past month.

I have been in the plateau of the 170 - aargh (as I was with 177), but I believe in the meantime some changes happened as my clothes are a bit looser. Who knows.. This is so frustrating, thank GOD for OMAD Revolution's video about the evil CEO and the Chairman of the Board :0))
    That really helps to understand what might be going on in the body.

Anyhow I realized Friday might be a better weigh day than Saturday.

As I was travelling, it was difficult to hide from some people that I'm doing OMAD so I got plenty of negative, fearful comments and frowns, i.e. how I am destroying my health, I will be sick, I am destroying my stomach etc etc. Why do people do this? Very discouraging, and even more so that these are the same people who criticized me the most about being overweight.
    How do people expect you to lose weight by not doing some kind of drastic change - I wonder.

I was OK with the mental impact but still have days that are harder than others. I am proud that I have not deviated from OMAD, even though there were plenty of temptations. The evenings are much easier for me to handle than the mornings. Not having breakfast still feels like a punishment at times, I guess its a habit. I hope now I'm out of the curse of the 170, but as long as the tendency is down I'm quite happy, even if it's at snails pace!! LOL

SW: 210 pounds ( I started about 10th Jan 2018)
    15/09 - 173 pounds
    29/09 - 170.8 pounds
    13/10 – 170.2 pounds
    09/11 - 169.6 pounds

• Today was such a great day for me that I want to write about it!

One of those OMAD days when you feel like you just fly!! It's feels awesome. Feeling on top of the world and solving problems that bugged me for months like whoosh!

One of the reason might be that on Tuesday I was 168 pounds! I haven't been that low since 2012 ish and that also means I'm now out of the curse of the 170! Yay! (Although compared to my starting weight of 210 even that's great!) I managed to get into some trousers (which I'm wearing today) that I thought I would never fit into. And now they are my size 😊 I'm so happy!

It is almost like something has clicked. I also started to clean up my eating a bit. Less junk food (it seems something is seriously off when I drink coke so I stopped it, diet or otherwise, also diet drinks - they don't seem to agree with my body unfortunately, and chocolate and stuff), and following one plate rule more or less. It's time to step up the game a little, as I am NOT stopping here! I want to get to that goal of 140lbs (ie 130lbs the omad way) I have decided!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
  • EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    edited November 2018
    Good job.

When I was at a major Texas university, a biochemist told me "flat out" that she would never drink a diet soda, other than one made with Stevia or no sweetener at all. Memory issues, headaches and many neurological issues are common with the consumption of artificial sweeteners. That comes straight from a research PhD professor. The corn syrup used in regular sodas is pure garbage, it would qualify as a poison, according to her.
  • Wow, I didn't know that, thanks for the info.

I think that it can be a good way for some to ease into fasting, but over time I realized that I have a bad reaction to diet sodas. I am not happy about this, but it is what it is. It can happen. I am not saying I will never have any ever, but I will have to severely limit my intake sadly.

• SW: 210 pounds ( I started about 10th Jan 2018)
    15/09 - 173 pounds
    29/09 - 170.8 pounds
    13/10 – 170.2 pounds
    09/11 - 169.6 pounds
    23/11 - 167.4 pounds

I'm so happy, not sure what but happened after all that stagnation now it seems my weight started to go down again. 😊
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,111 Member
    Keep up the good work!!! :)
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    You are making great progress! Those numbers are really coming down. Congrats on your hard work and persistence.
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Great results! You are doing awesome!!!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Nice work!!! :)
  • Thank you for the encouragement.

I have been travelling and also there were and are various celebrations so my goal is to reach 165 pounds before the end of the year or by the end of the 1st week of January. That seems doable.

During my travels once again I had to share what I am doing (it can't be hidden) and I encountered the usual 'advice' -
    So should you not eat 5 small meals instead? Why not? I said because that would make me hungry. What about exercise? Should you not exercise? I managed to change the subject.. :0)

• 10/01 - 210 pounds (ca. - SW)
    15/09 - 173 pounds
    29/09 - 170.8 pounds
    13/10 – 170.2 pounds
    09/11 - 169.6 pounds
    23/11 - 167.4 pounds
    07/12 - 167.4 pounds

Well, actually I am not disappointed that much with this considering that I had a splurge day recently and also was not eating very well due to travels and celebrations (I did do OMAD but I just ate a lot of fattening and sugary foods - and also my guilty pleasure drinking sodas which as mentioned earlier are not helping my weight loss results or sleep). Ouch.. I hope next week this will come down further. I wanted to mention that the lowest I weighed in the past 2 weeks was 165.8 lbs, so I know its almost here.. :0) but I wanted to be truthful, as its not always down! Maintaining is good, and I can be in the knowledge that this is within the healthy BMI now. 😊 BUT I am not saying I'm giving up, the plan is as above (165 before the end of the year or latest by the 6th Jan) and being super good & focused in Jan and Feb i.e. eat more healthy foods! I have no problems with OMAD now, or shall I say I just ignore the little voice..
    One good habit I do now is that I aim to eat something green with my meals (either fruit or salad) daily.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone.
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,111 Member
    Hugs! I know the feeling as I have fall off the wagon countless of times. However, I will not give up as I know that if I keep trying, I will reach my GW. Let's do this together! :)

• 10/01 - 210.0 pounds (SW)
    15/09 - 173.0 pounds
    29/09 - 170.8 pounds
    13/10 – 170.2 pounds
    09/11 - 169.6 pounds
    23/11 - 167.4 pounds
    07/12 - 167.4 pounds
    21/12 - 165.4 pounds

I was very happy with this result especially that this is the holiday season. I hope to lose more weight in the new year and reach 140lbs (and push down to 130lbs for the weight fluctuation) but to be honest I already would be very happy at 150 lbs being 5'9 (which I have not been since 2011). This has been a great year for me with a weight loss total of 45 pounds. I never thought this possible and before finding IF I gave up to be honest. All those terrible and useless diets I have done in the past.. Ughh.. I have started in January 2018 with IF and various ADF regimens and been doing Omad for a bit more than 6 months now. It is better and easier every day. It is good to have a structure to fall back on when things get complicated. Splurge days are a big part of this for me as I don't feel deprived or too restricted and I know I can have anything just not until my window.

• I decided to start afresh from this year. I consider what was last year, gone so not relevant anymore.

So I have a new starting weight. :0)

11/01/19 - 166.6 lbs (SW)

I will aim to record my progress once every 2 weeks with Friday weigh day whatever it is.

My absolute goal weight is 130 lbs but basically I want to be 140 lbs before the end of this year and just to go 10 lbs below for the daily fluctuations.
    To be honest now i am in the healthy BMI range which makes me so happy but still have 84 cm waist which I would like to go below 80cm at least.
    I will adjust my goal as I go down as I will see whether I will have any loose skin or if it just doesn't look good I will adjust it. (I don't have any loose skin at the moment so lucky me).

My first real milestone is 150 lbs. When I'm at that weight I look good (Ie not overweight at all, more on the slim side), so its only 15 pounds away! :0) I can hardly believe it!

Keep going everybody! ;0)
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    That is awesome and totally doable....Best of luck on your 2019 restart. I am here to cheer you on!!!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    NICE! Welcome back and happy re-start!
  • Thank you Ladies :0)
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    You can do it!!! Welcome back :)