quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    I give you...

oreo-truffles31-copy.jpg

From page 4... ;)
  • EHollander89
    EHollander89 Posts: 169 Member
    sarjenki wrote: »
    A one pound pack of original Oreos put in the food processor with an 8oz box of cream cheese, then roll that into balls and dip in melted white chocolate. I've always called this oreo balls but have heard them called Oreo BonBons. Possibly the best dessert concoction ever. It also works good with the vanilla Oreos.

I make these for holidays all the time! Easy treat and quite tasty! As far as other posters asking about the process, I refrigerate after rolling the Oreo/cream cheese mixture into balls. Then I dip in Chocolate or almond bark and freeze or refrigerate for the chocolate to firm up. I store them in the fridge.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    I give you...

oreo-truffles31-copy.jpg

From page 4... ;)

Like we're supposed to remember page 4!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited January 2019
    DW1Texas wrote: »
    Here's how you hide them from the kids...

u0mxha8djy7e.gif

34s0ssgiu4eo.gif

That's a genius idea. Reminds me of the lady on the Confessions thread that posted she hides her snacks in a tampon box :D.

Went to a few stores looking for The Carrot Cake Oreos, but found nothing. If anyone tries leave a review.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,570 Member
    The Dark Chocolate ones just came out too. They're supposed to be at Target.

I have no desire to try either but I *might* get the carrot cake for the filling :p
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,023 Member

u0mxha8djy7e.gif

34s0ssgiu4eo.gif

That's a genius idea. Reminds me of the lady on the Confessions thread that posted she hides her snacks in a tampon box :D.

Went to a few stores looking for The Carrot Cake Oreos, but found nothing. If anyone tries leave a review.

I'm still only seeing leftover of the previous ones too. There's Easter candy out, but no new Oreos lol.
  • RunnerGirl238
    RunnerGirl238 Posts: 448 Member
    Oreos. A reason to exist? Possibly so.
  • RoxyWhoShrinkyDink
    RoxyWhoShrinkyDink Posts: 23 Member

u0mxha8djy7e.gif

34s0ssgiu4eo.gif

My son is an Oreo fanatic. He is autistic, so his foods must be just right. Carrot cake is his favorite cake. He says these are yummy, but not carrot cakey enough. I haven't tried them myself.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited January 2019
    Carrot cake is my daughters favorite cake. I saw them at the grocery store and bought her a package. She said they taste like carrot cake, but that they are really sweet, and that she couldn’t eat more than one cookie at a time, so maybe a good thing calorie wise. I didn’t try them. I like the thin lemon ones the best.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Carrot cake is my daughters favorite cake. I saw them at the grocery store and bought her a package. She said they taste like carrot cake, but that they are really sweet, and that she couldn’t eat more than one cookie at a time, so maybe a good thing calorie wise. I didn’t try them. I like the thin lemon ones the best.

Carrot cake are amazing!
  • kimny72
    Finally got my hands on Carrot Cake. They are not like the package upthread, they have a "cream cheese icing" filling with carrot cake flavored cookies. The cookies are pretty good but the filling is IMHO cloyingly sweet, and it's more double-stuf sized so it kind of overtakes everything. I think I would have liked them better with just the classic white filling. I suspect I will be occasionally flicking the filling off and eating just the cookies on these!

I have another bag ready to go. I forget the official name, but there is peanut butter involved and I can't wait :tongue:
  • pinuplove
    kimny72 wrote: »
    Finally got my hands on Carrot Cake. They are not like the package upthread, they have a "cream cheese icing" filling with carrot cake flavored cookies. The cookies are pretty good but the filling is IMHO cloyingly sweet, and it's more double-stuf sized so it kind of overtakes everything. I think I would have liked them better with just the classic white filling. I suspect I will be occasionally flicking the filling off and eating just the cookies on these!

I have another bag ready to go. I forget the official name, but there is peanut butter involved and I can't wait :tongue:

Ooh thanks! I might still have to try them. I noticed PB&J the other day, but surprisingly that in no way tempted me.
  • kimny72
    pinuplove wrote: »

Ooh thanks! I might still have to try them. I noticed PB&J the other day, but surprisingly that in no way tempted me.

PB&J were a little "meh" for me too. Too much emphasis on the "J". My PB&J sammies are heavily weighted toward the PB :lol:

I think fruit flavors in general are tricky in cookies. Lemon is the only fruit flavor I consistently like in packaged cookies.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove wrote: »

PB&J were a little "meh" for me too. Too much emphasis on the "J". My PB&J sammies are heavily weighted toward the PB :lol:

I think fruit flavors in general are tricky in cookies. Lemon is the only fruit flavor I consistently like in packaged cookies.

My PB&Js are always make with a thin smear strawberry jam. I don't like grape jelly. Emphasis on the PB part :lol:
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    screen-shot-2019-04-08-at-12-17-01-pm-1554740237.png

This flavor is good.
  • kimny72
    Oooo, those look good. I'll be on the look out for them now!
  • Cat_A_89
    Cat_A_89 Posts: 93 Member
    I always save a few calories for 2 or 3 oreos for my after dinner treat 😁