got to lose 50 pounds.starting st 280.want to get to 230.im going to try just veggies and fruit for

Ok im going to try just eating fruits and veggies for a week.ill let you know how that goes in a week.

Replies

• deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    why?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Ok im going to try just eating fruits and veggies for a week.ill let you know how that goes in a week.

That's really unhealthy.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited December 2018
    there is zero need to do that to loose weight, and it is very unhealthy for you to try.

loosing weight is about eating fewer calories than you burn. your body burns a ton just to keep you alive. Put your stats in MFP and put in for 1-2lb loss per week and see what calorie goal it gives you.

once you have that, get a food scale and weight you food, log it all and ensure you hit that recommended goal (don't go over).

if you exercise, eat back the calories from that exercise.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300331/most-helpful-posts-getting-started-must-reads#latest
  • CoffeenSquats
    CoffeenSquats Posts: 982 Member
    Protein is super important! Lean meats. Chicken breast, fish, etc. Good luck :)
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Welcome to MFP. As others have said, please don't limit yourself to only fruits and vegetables. It's not healthy. Everyone needs a balanced diet and that includes protein of some sort. If you track your food in MFP they will give you some suggestions on how much of each macro to eat (carbs, protein, fiber, fat, sugar, fiber. You might also want to see a registered dietitian. You might not realize it but fruits are high in carbs and sugar.

Just follow the recommended calorie guidelines by MFP and get some light exercising in if you can do that.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    IsETHome wrote: »
    You could probably do a cleanse for a couple of days, but track what you are eating in the tool so you can see deficiencies.

No
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    That sounds like a really bad idea, and I say this as a vegetarian. You won't get enough protein, for one thing. (Many vegetables have small amounts, but nowhere near enough to meet your daily minimums unless you consume so much of them that you won't be in deficit.) Your digestive system... is not going to love you for this. And neither will the people around you. A lot of people find that insufficient protein makes them hungrier.

A week PROBABLY won't do any longterm damage, but why in the world would you set yourself up to be miserable and hangry for a week if you don't have to?
  • jimsessions66
    jimsessions66 Posts: 20 Member
    Ok.ill eat some protein.but im not eating extra sugar and im drinking alot of water.what i didnt mention is my trust fund is giving me 100 dollars a pound to lose weight.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Ok.ill eat some protein.but im not eating extra sugar and im drinking alot of water.what i didnt mention is my trust fund is giving me 100 dollars a pound to lose weight.

Better plan. Protein is important and so is fat. Eliminating whole macros is not a good plan. Moderation in everything.
  • BrettWithPKU
    BrettWithPKU Posts: 575 Member

Cutting processed food will help a lot. But protein is essential.
    I’m trying to lose 50 pounds as well (260 to 210).
  • jimsessions66
    jimsessions66 Posts: 20 Member
    BDonjon wrote: »

Cutting processed food will help a lot. But protein is essential.
    I’m trying to lose 50 pounds as well (260 to 210).

Good luck.