HOLIDAY BLUES

urloved33
urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
Does anyone else struggle with the holiday blues - and how do you combat it?

I use my exercise routines to keep myself moving - allow myself to be sad - but keep my commitments and be around people - I don't let the holiday blues sideline me...but its hard.

Replies

• teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    What is it about the holidays that makes you sad? I only get stressed during the holidays. I am only told stuff at the last minute and then am expected to meet a deadline. They always assume someone else told me when stuff changed and then get mad at me when I did not do what I was expected to. Sometimes I just want to pretend I am sick so that I don't have to show up.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    edited December 2018
    My mom died just after Christmas several years ago so that as well as stress from finances, getting things done, poor weather makes this time of year more challenging. I cut back on a lot of stuff and mostly just focus on spending time with my husband and daughter. Exercise, trying to get enough sleep, focusing on positive things helps.
    I guess I try to think about if the thing causing me stress or sadness is really important to me or something I can let go.
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    I succumb to the frigid temps and early nightfalls. I tend to wallow in my winter blues by listening to sad music. :pensive:

https://youtu.be/con8OUKJDTY
  • rdevol
    rdevol Posts: 278 Member
    Try doing some volunteer work. Focusing on the needs of others who are in need can make you feel better! Tis the season to pay it forward!