2019 Walk it off Challenge

Replies

• jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,733 Member
    She’s so cool! I absolutely love her energy.
    I’m so glad we’re walking buddies!
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    jm216 wrote: »

Woot woot! Do you have the app?
  • KeThur_18
    KeThur_18 Posts: 59 Member
    Hey everyone,

I was a weight lifter unti some medical stuff happened. Now, walking is number one in my life. I walk on a treadmill and outside with my pup but I would rather go outside and stroll.

My goals are to lose weight but just to get active again like I used to be. I can’t wait to share my steps with u and if anybody has some low impact workouts feel free to share...

😉 goodluck
  • jm216

Woot woot! Do you have the app?

I do!

Jm216. Please add me.
  • jm216
    KeThur_18 wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

I was a weight lifter unti some medical stuff happened. Now, walking is number one in my life. I walk on a treadmill and outside with my pup but I would rather go outside and stroll.

My goals are to lose weight but just to get active again like I used to be. I can’t wait to share my steps with u and if anybody has some low impact workouts feel free to share...

😉 goodluck

Welcome Ke-Thur!
  • jm216
    I’ve not walked for 3 days, and just got back at it today and I feel so much better! What an energy booster and mood booster! 20 minutes this morning and now I can throw some potato veg soup in the crockpot and get ready for work.

Have a terrific Tuesday!

❤️Jill
  • traceyroy54
    traceyroy54 Posts: 89 Member
    Too hot 36 degrees here
  • jm216
    36 degrees Celsius? (96 degrees Fahrenheit?) where do you live? :)
  • initiation0
    initiation0 Posts: 22 Member
    Today it’s pretty icy outside so here was my walking video:

https://youtu.be/njeZ29umqVE

LOVE Leslie Sansome. So many different levels!!! For what it's worth, I too, highly recommend her.
  • jm216
    Welcome BMA1963!
  • jm216
    Back at it today! Come walk with me. <3

https://youtu.be/DFszeBRrjlc

• BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Thankfully I was able to walk outside both days this weekend. It was 35 degrees at first and "warmed" up to about 40 by the time I was done but I had enough layers on and it was crystal clear skies so the sunlight helped.

Walked 8.2 miles on Sat. and 6.7 on Sun. I'll have to skip today but should be able to go out tomorrow after work.
  • allison8668
    allison8668 Posts: 885 Member
    Oh hi there ! I walk now in the freezing cold weather - LOL. I play Pokemon Go - and it has been keeping me moving. So happy for that. Otherwise, I'd just be sitting inside dreaming of Spring. I did about 30 min today. I like to get in at least 60.
  • znaoiec
    znaoiec Posts: 1,984 Member
    Hello everyone! I would like to join in.

I am a walker and try to walk every day. It gets a little harder here where I live when the weather gets colder and there is ice on the ground. Last year at this time I broke my shoulder while walking on the ice. My goal is to not do a repeat of that this December.

I tend to walk at least two - three miles a day either outside or on a treadmill. My goal would be to increase my distance and speed and add some interval training to my walks. I had never watched walking videos before but looked at two of them posted here. I tried one and was surprised at how it got my heart rate elevated. I don't think I am pushing myself enough in my regular walking. The video was fun and I would like to try to do this more often too.
  • CryingBlue
    CryingBlue Posts: 270 Member
    Thanks for sharing the video! I did the 1 miracle mile. I had no idea there were walking videos on youtube. I'm pregnant and feeling like a lump and missing my outdoor walk/hikes. This is perfect for my current lump like state. Thanks again. I'm aiming to do this everyday now.
  • LindaRN83
    LindaRN83 Posts: 156 Member
    Hi everyone! I would like to join this discussion as well.

I am a soon to be 70 yr old treadmill walker. I try to get in at least 10,000 steps per day, much of which is done on the TM. Because I am a fair-weather walker, I do like to walk outside when the weather cooperates.

Two years ago, I lost 13 lbs by walking. The weight has crept back on since my walking slowed down, but I am back at it again to help lessen the effects of the holiday eating that will happen.

I am excited to be a part of this group!
  • jm216
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Thankfully I was able to walk outside both days this weekend. It was 35 degrees at first and "warmed" up to about 40 by the time I was done but I had enough layers on and it was crystal clear skies so the sunlight helped.

Walked 8.2 miles on Sat. and 6.7 on Sun. I'll have to skip today but should be able to go out tomorrow after work.

Wow! Way to go! 😮
  • jm216
    Oh hi there ! I walk now in the freezing cold weather - LOL. I play Pokemon Go - and it has been keeping me moving. So happy for that. Otherwise, I'd just be sitting inside dreaming of Spring. I did about 30 min today. I like to get in at least 60.

That’s a great way to get your walk in!! So proud of you!
  • jm216
    znaoiec wrote: »
    Hello everyone! I would like to join in.

I am a walker and try to walk every day. It gets a little harder here where I live when the weather gets colder and there is ice on the ground. Last year at this time I broke my shoulder while walking on the ice. My goal is to not do a repeat of that this December.

I tend to walk at least two - three miles a day either outside or on a treadmill. My goal would be to increase my distance and speed and add some interval training to my walks. I had never watched walking videos before but looked at two of them posted here. I tried one and was surprised at how it got my heart rate elevated. I don't think I am pushing myself enough in my regular walking. The video was fun and I would like to try to do this more often too.

Welcome Znaoiec! We’re glad to help you. The walking workouts are fun.

Jill
  • jm216
    CryingBlue wrote: »
    Thanks for sharing the video! I did the 1 miracle mile. I had no idea there were walking videos on youtube. I'm pregnant and feeling like a lump and missing my outdoor walk/hikes. This is perfect for my current lump like state. Thanks again. I'm aiming to do this everyday now.

Cryingblue we’re glad to have you! Congratulations on your 🤰