Binge eater to personal trainer!

crisa90
crisa90 Posts: 19 Member
6mqg9q5hzib6.jpeg
A few years ago food controlled EVERYTHING...

I used to restrict my calories to almost nothing and then I would have bouts of uncontrollable binge-eating periods. I would almost literally black out while doing this as if I actually had no control over the food I was putting into my mouth.

There was a point where it got SO BAD that I had to start going to binge-eaters anonymous support groups. I did this for 2 years.

I had struggled with binge eating and calorie restricting for SO LONG that I started to BELIEVE that this was just a part of who I was and there was no way I could ever change.

But on the worst day of my life, after a full all-you-can-eat Hawaiian BBQ buffet and MULTIPLE desserts FOLLOWED BY going home and eating a family bag of Doritos, a whole box of cereal, 4 bowls of oatmeal and a pack of Sour Patch Kids, I sat in the middle of my living room and I bawled my eyes out.

The VERY NEXT DAY I went for help. I hired a personal trainer and I became a trainer myself! I knew I couldn’t do it myself because I had tried and failed so many times before. But slowly and surely I regained confidence, started healing my mind and, as a result, healed my body. Then I started taking on clients and helping them change their bodies too!

If you’ve experienced an eating disorder, or have a bad relationship with food, and you feel lost like I once did, just know that I GET IT! I’ve been there and you are NOT ALONE! 💕💕

Replies

• workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Sincere congratulations on your success! I’m sure your story helped someone today :)
  • PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    Great work. Congrats on your success.
  • crisa90
    mathdad41 wrote: »
    Incredible story and I'm very thankful you decided to share this. I know it will help so many people that read it here. The way you were able to get control of your life and to make such a transformation is a testament to you grit an inner strength. I myself am working on building my confidence in all aspects of my life as I am facing other life altering challenge unrelated to weight loss. It is something that I pray will build my character and confidence as I move through this tribulation.
    Hats off to your hard work and success and I look forward to reading more about your journey.

Thank you so much for your thoughtful reply. I am so happy that you’re working through all of your other hardships (I read your message- my heart goes out to you) and I am proud that you are staying so strong. I appreciate your kind words. Thank you.
  • crisa90
    Congratulations on beating your eating disorder and for getting the outside help you needed to do it. I think it's very helpful that you shared your story so that others struggling with the same thing can see that sometimes you just can't do it on your own and need help from professionals. You look absolutely amazing btw.

You are so sweet! Thank you so much for your support and kindness! That is my hope that people can read my message and know that there is help out there. All you have to do is ask.
  • crisa90
    Sincere congratulations on your success! I’m sure your story helped someone today :)

Thank you for your love and support!
  • crisa90
    PAFC84 wrote: »
    Great work. Congrats on your success.

Thank you so much!
  • helene4
    helene4 Posts: 120 Member
    Amazing!! I loved reading your story, and deeply appreciate your honesty!

And you look fantastic!!!!
  • newhopeind
    newhopeind Posts: 34 Member
    That’s an incredible story and thank you so much for sharing it. I think a lot of people don’t realize the emotional control that we can surrender to foods at times of weakness, and how it truly can become an addiction.

I struggled for years and years with that after an injury slowed me down. Food became something I could do because “it’s not as bad as _________.”

So thank you for the inspiration, and especially your words about motivating yourself to seek help overcoming demons. I was lucky to have the support already, but admittedly hadn’t yet decided to use it. It’s a lot easier sweating, hurting, lifting, screaming, “walking weird after leg day”ing when you have someone besides you who says, “I get it, and here’s the proof.”
  • Ddsb11
    Ddsb11 Posts: 607 Member
    Absolutely Amazing 😊🙏🏻
  • jfp420
    jfp420 Posts: 186 Member
    Thanks for sharing your story. So inspiring
  • RhiAnLewis17
    RhiAnLewis17 Posts: 2,299 Member
    You are incredible. Such an inspiration <3
  • kksmom1789
    kksmom1789 Posts: 281 Member
    crisa90 wrote: »
    6mqg9q5hzib6.jpeg

I used to restrict my calories to almost nothing and then I would have bouts of uncontrollable binge-eating periods. I would almost literally black out while doing this as if I actually had no control over the food I was putting into my mouth.

There was a point where it got SO BAD that I had to start going to binge-eaters anonymous support groups. I did this for 2 years.

I had struggled with binge eating and calorie restricting for SO LONG that I started to BELIEVE that this was just a part of who I was and there was no way I could ever change.

But on the worst day of my life, after a full all-you-can-eat Hawaiian BBQ buffet and MULTIPLE desserts FOLLOWED BY going home and eating a family bag of Doritos, a whole box of cereal, 4 bowls of oatmeal and a pack of Sour Patch Kids, I sat in the middle of my living room and I bawled my eyes out.

The VERY NEXT DAY I went for help. I hired a personal trainer and I became a trainer myself! I knew I couldn’t do it myself because I had tried and failed so many times before. But slowly and surely I regained confidence, started healing my mind and, as a result, healed my body. Then I started taking on clients and helping them change their bodies too!

If you’ve experienced an eating disorder, or have a bad relationship with food, and you feel lost like I once did, just know that I GET IT! I’ve been there and you are NOT ALONE! 💕💕

Thank you for sharing your story! I am crying reading it. I also have a bad relationship with food and like you described its to the point were I can't even control it. I knew I was getting bad again when I wanted to start hiding when I was eating, when I felt the happiest eating alone in my car. I did good counting calories for a couple years and I went from 212 to 148 but I am back up to 180lbs and I am starting over AGAIN we started back at Planet Fitness Nov 19, 2018 and my husband is doing it with me this time so I feel better having an accountability partner. I hope you have a good New Year!

• urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    rzcmu3qnkep0.gif<3 a-maz-ing
  • winn9524
    winn9524 Posts: 59 Member
    Great work! What a change. I know somebody reading this will find exactly what they need to keep plugging along or ask for some help just as you did.
  • BeckyakaRebel
    BeckyakaRebel Posts: 9 Member
    I am in a similar boat. I quit my physivally demanding job almost a year ago and since then food has been how i deal with everything. Sadness anger happiness etc etc etc. In the last month, ive gained like 3 inches in my waist. Im down to one pair of pants that barely fit me. Now is the time for change! Great job on working on yourself!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    crisa90 wrote: »
    6mqg9q5hzib6.jpeg

{{{{{ Hugs and The Highest of fives EVER }}}}} You look drop dead gorgeous, like a million bucks TAX FREE! I want to thank you so much for posting this. I've been on Mfp for many years and read a lot about people "binge-eating", but I've NEVER looked it up/what binge eating is/does (because I "thought" I knew what it was). I always "assumed" binge eating meant, eating, say a few extra things after regular meals--ya know, like a couple of extra pieces of pie/cake after dinner or doing a whole lot of snacking, eating a whole package of (fill in the blank) and stuff like that. How utterly ignorant I was of what binge eating REALLY is/was :'( . I literally had NO idea (until your post) what binge eating looked like :'( {{{{ Hugs again}}}. I;m sooooooooo mega GLAD you're FREE from this, so very ultra GLAD you've conquered this really scary deal so much that you yourself are now a personal trainer AND will be able to help soooooo many people dealing with this serious issue too.
    Wow, you ROCK, period. {{{{{ <3 Hugs one more time!!! <3 }}}}}}
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!