Major Hip Dips?

So I have some pretty major Hip dips. I know that everyone has them but mine are very noticeable and I’m pretty self conscious about it. The more weight I love the more I notice it and even back when I was very skinny and at a healthy bmi I had them.
Has any body had success at minimizing them?

Replies

• MeganReid1991
    MeganReid1991 Posts: 170 Member
    Totally get I can’t change my bone structure just wanted to see if there’s something I could do to minimize :)
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    So I have some pretty major Hip dips. I know that everyone has them but mine are very noticeable and I’m pretty self conscious about it. The more weight I love the more I notice it and even back when I was very skinny and at a healthy bmi I had them.

I’m the opposite. Weight loss makes mine more noticeable. That said it doesn’t bother me.

Sorry, OP. I don’t have any clue how to minimize the appearance.
  • Vune
    Vune Posts: 672 Member
    I have all kinds of hips everywhere, and I've found their appearance improved when I started working out to build overall strength. Nothing special, just more muscle making a better foundation.
  • MHarper522
    MHarper522 Posts: 108 Member
    You can always build muscles in that area, but like you said there's no changing bone structure.
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member

I’m the opposite. Weight loss makes mine more noticeable. That said it doesn’t bother me.

Sorry, OP. I don’t have any clue how to minimize the appearance.

Ditto. Mine are more prominent when I’m lightest, so I remind myself that being able to see them means that the gap-filling fat is gone.
  • smolmaus
    smolmaus Posts: 442 Member

yep, that, and your thigh gap, and your toblerone hole or whatever that one is called... :laugh:

You're going to have to fill me in on that one
    like an unwanted pelvic curve
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited December 2018
    smolmaus wrote: »

yep, that, and your thigh gap, and your toblerone hole or whatever that one is called... :laugh:

my apologies the correct phrase is 'toblerone tunnel' if you care to google...

https://www.womenshealthmag.com/life/a20975365/what-are-toblerone-tunnels/

• RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    smolmaus wrote: »

my apologies the correct phrase is 'toblerone tunnel' if you care to google...

https://www.womenshealthmag.com/life/a20975365/what-are-toblerone-tunnels/

Man, that just rolls off the tongue, doesn't it? /s

Instagram can be a real hot mess for people hyper-focused on their body.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited December 2018
    I do. I think they look pretty "major" but they don't bother me.
  • MeganReid1991
    MeganReid1991 Posts: 170 Member
    Didn’t say you should be self conscious about them, I just said I am about mine.
    But thanks for the advice
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    The list of body configurations that are a "thing" just keeps getting longer...
  • FluffBGone1975
    FluffBGone1975 Posts: 64 Member
    I have them and didn't even know! I learned something new today!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Surely its a genetic thing? Had to google images of hip dips! - I don't have them, didn't even when I was heavier. (love handles were/still are my issue, everyone has their hang ups right?)