Whole food vegan for a week, ate one processed cookie and hated it

So last week into this week I ate only Whole Foods, no processed crap, but decided to reward myself with 6 Oreos. Typically I am able to eat an entire pack of Oreos, (I know that’s terrible but true) so I ate the cookies and by the 3rd one I felt terrible and said I should stop eating them, but I already took out the cookies so I tried to finish them... it was terrible, I’m happy that something “yummy” repulsed me so much, but I’m surprised it happened so quickly, it’s only been a week and I’m already I taste foods differently? Has anyone else gone whole food vegan and had this happen to them?

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Do you want me to finish the packet for you?

Share the love!
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    I would not be “happy” that foods that I enjoyed suddenly repulsed me so much that I could only eat 6 of them (which by the way is 3 servings of Oreos so not THAT repulsive). I would be sad that I wasn’t able to consider context and dosage and big picture of my overall diet.

^ So much this!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    I would not be “happy” that foods that I enjoyed suddenly repulsed me so much that I could only eat 6 of them (which by the way is 3 servings of Oreos so not THAT repulsive). I would be sad that I wasn’t able to consider context and dosage and big picture of my overall diet.

Well said! This would bum me out!