Username: BonnieHosk85
    December Week 1
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Previous Weight: 265
    Current weight: 260.9
  • Stimpy56
    Stimpy56 Posts: 592 Member
    December 7
    Exercised?: Yes (Elliptical and Treadmill)
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes
  • amynew4u
    amynew4u Posts: 47 Member
    December 7
    Exercised?: Yes
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    December 8
    Exercised? Yes
    Calories? No
    Tracked? Yes
    Someone brought in a beautiful gourmet cake yesterday at work. It was like chocolate mousse filling, hazelnut and butterscotch brittle encased in solid chocolate. I couldn't resist. 😕
  • LesIckaBod
    LesIckaBod Posts: 719 Member
    It's Saturday, the day of December Week 1!

Today I'm looking for:
    @auntdeb37
    @bhoskins85
    @californiajuls
    @emmclean
    @lacatgirl
    @melecote2
    @ShareASmile - way to go!

Post in this format, please:
    Username:
    December Week 1
    Previous Weight:
    Current weight:
  • LesIckaBod
    LesIckaBod Posts: 719 Member
    edited December 2018
    December 7
    Exercise: Yes - walked a mile three different times over the day
    Calories: No - looks like about 700 over :/
    Tracked: Yes - started yesterday, finished today

Yesterday was a killer - up at 3 am, and I didn't get home again until 3:30 am this morning. A bunch of meetings, then a potluck send-off for a colleague who is leaving. I packed my usual eggs, peanuts, and yogurt cup for most meals of the day, plus an apple.

Food at the potluck was a wonderful selection of ethnic food from colleagues from diverse backgrounds. I tried to feast with my eyes and chose to eat about 6 small cubes of paneer in paneer makhani, maybe 1/3 c rice, about 10 chips with homemade guacamole, and someone had brought some kind of fish filet, so I had about 1.5 of those. No alcohol, no desserts, but over the course of the day I had several espresso drinks, and the milk really pushes the calories up.

Up at 7:30 am this morning. Not at my most tip-top shape, and I'm on solo kid duty the majority of the day. Whew!
  • eevang
    eevang Posts: 187 Member
    December Week 1 Weigh-In
    Previous: 159.6
    Current: 159.5

Busy, busy week! Lots of positives, though. Got a full ride offer to a very strong law school. Went to a holiday party with the guy I've been dating.

Need to get back to tracking though--I fell off the wagon this week. I'm trying to make intuitive choices and to keep focused on fitness but definitely need tracking to actively lose weight. I want to lose at least 3 pounds in December!! I need to get the ball rolling again.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    I've been on this see saw for several months now and just want to show people how weighing once a week or weighing daily can produce confusion about weight loss. Having a weekly weigh in can be discouraging when it shows a gain of a pound or two when in reality that hasn't happened. I picked Friday as my weigh in day thinking I would most likely show a loss for the week. That hasn't been the case as overall I am just maintaining. I'm at the point where I can actually pinpoint the reason for the fluctuations whether it's salt intake, dehydration from an intense workout, having a beer, etc. I track my daily weight on Weight Guru and the following is a chart for the past month (Thanksgiving sticks out!!!):
    ng76lupnhf4a.jpg
  • Stimpy56
    Stimpy56 Posts: 592 Member
    December 8
    Exercised?: No (rest day)
  • zimborunner
    zimborunner Posts: 527 Member
    December 8
    Exercised:- No...but I did a lot of gardening.
    Calories:- yes
    Track:- Yes
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Anyone else can't log their food on mfp today? I danced today
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    December 9
    Exercised? Not really. A bit of walking and housework.
    Calories? No
    Tracked. Yes
  • emmclean
    emmclean Posts: 297 Member
    Username: emmclean
    December Week 1
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Previous Weight: 187.2
    Current weight: 186.2

Happy with that, didn't make it out for a run this week, should be able to get a few kms in next week though which will hopefully help keep the progress going.
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    December 8
    Exercised?: Yes (Drone track setup).

Over 7,000 steps before I got home at 2:00pm.

Practice day at local club. Technical but fun course. Ended up coming home early before packup to fix drones for Rookies day Sunday. Four drone to fix, only one problem was because of a crash.

December 9
    Exercised?: Yes (Drone race setup and packup and 3km in 25 mins - hills).

Rookies day at local drone race club. I am only borderline rookie :) . Day was designed to allow people who had never raced before to have a go. Easy course, lots of flying. I flew about 12 times. We had at least 10 people new to drone racing participate.
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member

I started cutting carbs!!!!! Thanks for the advice @craigo3154

@ShareASmile. You are welcome.

Reducing carbs (especially processed carbs) is generally a good thing to try for most on a western diet (US/Australia). See how it works into your lifestyle and whether this type of change can be work for you.

Processed carbs and long shelf life foods are WAY too prevalent (and cheap because of government subsidy and economy in the supply chain). They are generally calorie dense and satiety poor (don't make you feel full).

Finding low-processed carb take-away or fast food is VERY difficult. In Australia, the best I have found is grilled chicken tenders (Portuguese style, no batter). Caesar Salad is also often OK (but watch the dressings). You need to look at not only the food, but the sauces.
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    December 8
    Exercised?: Yes, 2 different times
  • dommylifts
    dommylifts Posts: 96 Member
    Non scale victory

I made it to the gym everyday this past week with a rest day yesterday. I will be going to the gym today!
This discussion has been closed.