What do you put in your oatmeal?

This is a poll. I think most people go with something like cream or honey, but some folks get really creative.

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Scallions, cheddar and an over easy egg.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Usually milk and protein powder, sometimes with PB2. Sometimes cinnamon or fruit (berries, peaches, etc.).
  • kelsium33
    kelsium33 Posts: 131 Member
    A spoon or two of Greek yogurt, fruit, walnuts
  • Verdenal
    Verdenal Posts: 625 Member
    Skim milk and sugar. I have a low calorie max so I can't afford to be very creative.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Bacon bits and butter
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Egg, cinnamon, peanut butter, brown sugar are my usual with some banana on top.

Some days I add protein powder or collagen powder.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Cinnamon and Splenda. I use my Saigon cinnamon since it is best in things that do not get baked
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Cranberries & orange extract or dried blueberries or raisins & cinnamon or dried cherries, all with a little half & half & raw sugar, sometimes a few nuts.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    edited December 2018
    blueberries, cinnamon, whole milk and aspartame or brown sugar depending.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    A little maple syrup goes a long way, and usually blueberries and strawberries or raspberries.

I tried a savoury oatmeal bowl once and my brain could not compute.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Greek yogurt, raspberries, and a little splenda.
  • ljmorgi
    ljmorgi Posts: 264 Member
    Raisins (or dried cranberries), cinnamon, nutmeg, sugar, and milk. That time with the turmeric was an accident. So was the time with the citric acid. :s
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    peanut butter & jelly/jam, always. It's really the only way I like oatmeal.
  • HokieBrad
    HokieBrad Posts: 1,670 Member
    shrimp w/ a little green Tabasco
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    Milk, Splenda (Brown sugar blend), cinnamon, and a diced apple or sliced banana mixed in after cooked
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    this is funny, hubby was putting butter in his and I said are you crazy, think he got mixed up with grits!
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    brenn24179 wrote: »
    this is funny, hubby was putting butter in his and I said are you crazy, think he got mixed up with grits!

Both taste good with butter. 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Soy milk, coconut and dried cherries today
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Steel-cut oatmeal, diced dried apricots cooked in the oatmeal to soften them, chopped walnuts and a dash or two of cinnamon at the end. I like to sweeten it with sugar-free maple-flavored syrup, or stevia - and a splash of cream to add richness
  • hazeleni
    hazeleni Posts: 87 Member
    For breakfast: banana, blueberries, honey, cinammon, chia seeds and unsweetened cacao powder. Everytime I have this for breakfast, it keeps me full for many hours and I dont crave carbs at all.
    Breakfast no2: baked oatmeal with apples and cinammon, topped with greek yoghurt and pomegranate seeds.
    Lunch: diced turkey and gouda slices with an egg, tomatoea and baby spinach.