Voting poll:

Who has their cheat days on rest days and who has them after a grueling workout?
I personally try to do it after a workout but sometimes when it doesnt fit my schedule I just enjoy myself

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    I do higher calorie/carb refeed days on the weekend, so Friday to Sunday. I usually have a lifting workout Friday and Saturday/Sunday or Monday. My lower calorie days are on rest or cardio days. That is in a deficit. When I am bulking I keep calories consistent day to day, even on a rest day.
  • PlasticGains
    PlasticGains Posts: 76 Member
    What’s a cheat.......Iifym💪🏻
    There’s nothing dirty or clean about food either...

Surplus meals non macro counted
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    I don't have cheat days and I only pay attention to macros when I've done intense workouts (typically very cardio heavy), and even then only protein. That's only because my physical therapist convinced me that it's important after any of the workouts that I do (while she sees a wide variety of people, she's especially interested, professionally, in athletes).

If something fits into my calories, I'll eat it. I am successfully losing weight and gaining strength.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Saturdays are typically the day when I get the most exercise and also the day when I eat a lot more food and more indulgent foods. That works out well for me. If I ate "like it was Saturday" on a Tuesday when I sat in an office all day and just took a 40 min neighborhood stroll, I'd probably feel overly full and kinda blah.

I don't do such strenuous workouts that I consider it "necessary" to eat that much more...but I sometimes hike on Saturdays for 5 hours or more and also spend time cleaning or volunteering (somewhat physical) in addition...so that's when I'll eat a bigger dinner and have a beer.
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    What’s a cheat.......Iifym💪🏻
    There’s nothing dirty or clean about food either...

Surplus meals non macro counted

I track everything. I don't generally exceed what would be maintenance but I do tend to save the higher calorie days for days that I have burned more calories through exercise.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    I follow a weekly calorie goal so some days are low and some are high. I'm able to fit higher calorie/larger meals in my higher days while still being at goal. Typically, I eat my exercise calories from cardio on my lifting days as I'm hungrier then. I don't have any untracked foods.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited December 2018
    I have just been tracking my food every day but eating whatever I want. I don't consider anything I eat to be cheating. Some days are over some are under.