TEAM: Gutbusters (December)

Replies

• LesIckaBod
    LesIckaBod Posts: 719 Member
    edited December 2018
    LesIckaBod wrote: »
    Dec 8

NSV: My heel spur pain is basically all gone (knock on wood). Before I lost weight, it was so painful to walk after being sedentary for an amount of time. The first steps after waking up were excruciating. But now, I can go between sitting to watch bball, to running around the track, and there's no pain -- just the fun of running after my giggling little man. So, a big big win!

This is inspiring! I've got heel pain, not sure if it's spurs or not, but I was thinking it might disappear if I lost weight. Glad to know it might!

@bonniehosk85 Not sure I had heel spurs/ plantar fasciitis either, but the symptoms seemed to fit, and yes, it did disappear. I also wore a brace at night for a while, but I think the weight loss did more for it.

I did notice your name change, but forgot to mention it to the spreadsheet owners. Thanks for the reminder!
  • LesIckaBod
    ycqojcqk4376.png

Imagine yourself at your goal. What do you think will be different then? Are you thinking about physical, mental, emotional, or other kinds of differences from your life today?

(Tip of the hat to @craigo3154, who asked this question several months ago -- I thought it was worth a repeat now!)

• LesIckaBod
    Today's Monday, December Week 2! I'm looking for weigh-ins from:

@amynew4u
    @charmainekotze
    @eevang
    @heartofhearts
    @michellelagle
    @ryjar80
    @westray16
    @zimborunner

• fe452436
    fe452436 Posts: 255 Member
    ycqojcqk4376.png

What are three things that make your weight loss journey better or easier? This could be stuff you have or stuff you wish for, and doesn't even have to be stuff.

So, what helps you? Gear? Apps? Accomplices? Something else? Let us know!

1.Tracking on MFP
    2.Getting up and Start doing exercise for just 5 minutes have made exercise easier for me.
    3.Not eating between meals
  • fe452436
    fe452436 Posts: 255 Member
    ycqojcqk4376.png

Imagine yourself at your goal. What do you think will be different then? Are you thinking about physical, mental, emotional, or other kinds of differences from your life today?

(Tip of the hat to @craigo3154, who asked this question several months ago -- I thought it was worth a repeat now!)
    1.I have pre diabetes.Want to reverse it.
    2.Back issues will be better God willing.
    3.Clothes in my closet will be worn easily.
    4.Won’t hesitate photos to be taken.
  • michellelagle
    michellelagle Posts: 77 Member
    Week: 2
    PW: 154
    CW: 155
    I had a bad week. But I am going to make this week really really good. My goal is to lose 3 pounds. My personal apology to my team for letting them down.
  • californiajuls
    californiajuls Posts: 197 Member
    Good Morning Team,

My name is Julissa I live in Southern California. I have been off the wagon for a long time. I lost 60 lbs and due to not tracking managed to gain back 35. I need to go back to basics and be accountable. Day one is today. Have a great week!
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    @californiajuls I'm in the same place. Dr.'s appt this afternoon and not looking forward to getting on that scale. Been in a funk since May, just eating anything and everything. Got back on the wagon on Dec. 1 and tracking every bite. Best to you in this challenge! Bonnie
  • BonnieHosk85
    edited December 2018
    @LesIckaBod I'm imaging myself at my goal and it will be a different life because I'll be able to hike, go on a great vacation next year in the Western US and won't cringe when I'm in photos, I'll have energy. It will be a habit and totally natural for me to sign in to MFP each morning and track my food and exercise. I'll be able to ride the bike for 30 minutes or more without getting out of breath.I'll be on less medication and have less pain. Life will be enjoyable again!
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    @LeslckaBod I was at my goal, 129 pounds, spring of 2017. I felt amazing both physically and emotionally. I felt confident that this was who I was going to be from that time forward. I didn't think anything could set me back. Fast forward to now. I have gained 15-18 pounds depending on what day of the week it is. Life has thrown me some crap over the past 9 months or so and I gave in and gave up. I never quit logging daily, I just quit being precise and I ate way too much knowing the outcome was not going to be good. I'm trying to get my head in the right place to accomplish my goals again, it's just not working as well this time. I know I can do it, I know I will do it. I won't give up.
  • kkmark
    kkmark Posts: 558 Member
    Question of the week

Gaining control over sweets. I was at mu goal weight in 2012 for almost 2 yrs and then lost track after my first son was born.. Want to get back to it and feel happy physically emotionally.
  • westray16
    westray16 Posts: 143 Member
    Westray16
    Monday Dec 10
    PW 195lbs
    CW 196lbs
    😔
  • Stimpy56
    Stimpy56 Posts: 588 Member
    ycqojcqk4376.png

At my goal weight, I won't be carrying around all this extra weight that makes my body work harder than it needs. So I will feel better physically and mentally. Even at my goal weight I will have to watch my portions as that is how I got all this extra weight in the first place.
  • BonnieHosk85
    December 10
    Exercised?: No
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes
  • zimborunner
    zimborunner Posts: 527 Member
    edited December 2018
    Username:- Zimborunner
    Monday December 10
    PW:- 175
    CW:- 174.2

Exercised:- Yes - 60 mins treadmill. Always do the 'fat loss' program, it kicks my butt!
    Calories:- Yes
    Tracked:- Yes
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    fe452436 wrote: »
    1.I have pre diabetes.Want to reverse it.
    2.Back issues will be better God willing.
    3.Clothes in my closet will be worn easily.
    4.Won’t hesitate photos to be taken.

@fe452436. Great list.

Pre-diabetes and Type 2 diabetes can be reversed, but it takes continuous work to keep it at bay. Both are insulin de-sensitivity. To reverse it and keep it away, you MUST re-sensitise to insulin AND continue to eat in such a way that the body has periods of low/no-insulin. Keto style eating does this (higher % fat, moderate to low % protein, low to very low % carbohydrate). Intermittent fasting also does this. Lots of great info on the net from people actively succeeding in this area.

(Side note: my wife is still type 2 diabetic, but no longer takes insulin and is off one of her 3 oral diabetes medication. She is doing IF and Keto. She has already lost 30+lbs and for the first time in her adult life she is officially not obese (BMI <30). She is still monitoring blood sugars at least twice daily. Current estimate is that she will be at goal weight (50+lbs below start weight) for a good 3 to 6 months before finally being off all medication. It takes a while to undo 30+ years of being obese and eating the wrong things for her.).

Back issues will give far fewer problems with less weight and regular activity (this is from experience :) ).

If you get to goal weight (<30 lbs from current weight), you will likely need new clothes as not much will fit any more (I've experienced this and my wife is now experiencing it too :) ).

Even though you don't like photos now, take progress photos (even if only you see them). You will regret it if you do not. It takes courage, but is well worth it.
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    I had a bad week. But I am going to make this week really really good. My goal is to lose 3 pounds. My personal apology to my team for letting them down.

@michellelagle. We all have bad weeks. They happen. Just try make today a good day. Tomorrow, rinse and repeat (just try make that day a good day).

Forgive the past, learn from it and just focus on today.

You can do this.
  • zimborunner
    zimborunner Posts: 527 Member
    At goal weight:-
    > Waking in the morning with a clearer head, more energy, mind and body
    > To wear everything in my wardrobe
    > Photos won't be an issue
    > With a challenging job, will have a much easier time of it if I'm not lugging around this extra weight.

Have a great week!
This discussion has been closed.