COME ON....WALK WITH ME IN 2019!

jasonsdragon
jasonsdragon Posts: 21 Member
Hi I am Anita. I am a 61 y.o. female a retired ICU RN that has always worked hard, excersize regularly and maintained a nutritious diet as well tried to be fit. In the last year my arthritis has become very debilitating and affecting my workouts and sleep. I am starting this challenge to provide accoutability and movitvate myself and everyone else to just pay attention to what you put in your mouth, and walk at least 30 min 7 days a week or as much as possible. This challenge will run the entire year starting now or Jan 1, 2019. I hope to keep consistancy and spend my walks with my dog and my daughter.
Come walk with me and message how you are, your progress and your goals.
Lets DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My page on Myfitnesspal is Jasonsdragon

Replies

• roma49
    roma49 Posts: 173 Member
    This is exactly the type of challenge I'm looking for to inspire me to reach my 2019 goals ~ so count me in
  • active_lior
    active_lior Posts: 9 Member
    Very inspiring! I am in!
    I am Lucy, 43 y.o.
    SW - 150 lbs
    GW - 130 lbs
  • peanutRossier
    peanutRossier Posts: 3 Member
    I will join in 2019
  • active_lior
    active_lior Posts: 9 Member
    12/11- I walked for 40 minutes!
  • weglbegl
    weglbegl Posts: 4 Member
    I'll walk with you in 2019! I'm starting now to get in my 10K+ steps. Getting back on track.
  • pamperu4
    pamperu4 Posts: 5 Member
    I love to walk! I’m in
  • Fitatelo
    Fitatelo Posts: 180 Member
    I'll join for 2019!
  • Lisa8563
    Lisa8563 Posts: 1 Member
    I too am retired registered nurse like JasonsDragon - at 65 yrs old, I am wanting to make 2019 one of the most fit of my life. I’m walking with you.
  • boofle2
    boofle2 Posts: 18 Member
    Hi I will walk i am 61 and about one stone to lose xx
  • karenesg
    karenesg Posts: 318 Member
    I'm in. Will try for 30 minutes of walking, or a combination of walking and Pilates for 30 minutes, daily. Counting steps hasn't been effective, perhaps meeting a time goal with some flexibility built in will be sustainable and beneficial!!!!!!!! Age 58. Down 34 pounds using MFP. 23 pounds to goal. Saturday or Sunday check in/ update and new week reset. Let's do it!
  • lvigesaa
    lvigesaa Posts: 12 Member
    I’m in! 55 and want to stay active. Love to walk.
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    I'm in on this one. Walking everyday is very important for my health as well as my dog's health. I'm very good at getting out there during the fall through spring. But I hate getting walking during the summer. So hopefully this challenge will help push me to walk on days I really just want to stay inside.
  • Jaynee1961
    Jaynee1961 Posts: 109 Member
    I’m in . I need this also an ICU Rn ( I wish I could retire) 57 with arthritis. I need knee surgery in June and need to take off 50 lbs . I just got a Fitbit have two puppies that need walking . 2019 I will do this.
  • bubbajoe7423
    bubbajoe7423 Posts: 6 Member
    starting today .. i have a lot of weight to lose.. sunday is a good day to start... count me in ..my steps today sofar

12,204 steps
  • lindagr15
    lindagr15 Posts: 4 Member
    I would like to join this
  • saltypickle
    saltypickle Posts: 307 Member
    Excellent idea! Thanks for starting the group.
    29 = 90 mn
    30 = 30 mn
  • lizziequek
    lizziequek Posts: 1,373 Member
    i normally walk over 30 mins every day as i walk my dog (unless i travel ) so i am in ( except when travelling). Even then , I will try .
  • saltypickle
    saltypickle Posts: 307 Member
    29 = 90
    30 = 30
    31 = 20 (10 was running)

Happy New Year!
  • lizziequek
    lizziequek Posts: 1,373 Member
    1/1 - off to a good start 68 minute of brisk walking